Notices

Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup.

Big thanks to "Demigod" for his help in this buildup!! Couldn't have done it without him!!

Well, after Finally getting the last piece of the puzzle to install my engine, I decided to do a quick writeup of this manifold for the 92-95 civics. For those t
hat don't know, the main difference between this manifold and the 96-00 is that the AIT sensor is in the manifold not the TB. There is also nothing for Air Injection which none of the EG civics have of course.
I got it on Friday night was laughing cause it came in the VictorX box. I thought they sent me the wrong one.

Anyway, I opened it up and was in "aw" of how nice it looked. Here you go:

FYI, that is an ITR throttle body that I had cleaned and opened up by (The New Spaceballs). I HIGHLY recommend him. Very fast and awesome work.

How do my feet look.

62mm TB opening (I opened mine up to 66 for the TB)

Underside

The most surprising part about this manifold was all the pretapped holes for the accessories. This allowed me to ditch my vacuum box for a much nicer look as you will see shortly.

Some more shots:

Great pic of the cleanliness that the fittings provide. Don't see anything really.

Shot in the car. There is plenty of room behind it. Nothing like the Skunk2 POS

My issues were this:
The stock IM nuts won't fit without some modification with a dremel. You can see where I marked what needed removed

Another shot of what I am talking about.

After some machining, it all works out. Even with the Hondata gasket washers. And before someone asks, even without the washers, it still was NOT going on with the stock nuts without machining.

The plenum on this manifold is bigger and the runners are shorter than the Skunk2. All in all, probably a better manifold for the SOHC. My opinion of course. I rate the Skunk a 5 out of 10 and this a 9. And yes, I have had both.

And finally, if you haven't figured it out, "project big block" is in the car. Only a few more things to do before I fire it up, break in, and install the turbo stuff. I am breaking-in NA on stock ECU and injectors.

I will have a writeup of the engine install later. Diaper change time.

Enjoy!!

Edit, here is another shot of it in the car

Near completion

Modified by ladysman at 8:28 AM 6/2/2004
Old 05-31-2004, 08:01 AM
the son and the heir

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (ladysman)

Nice. I didn't know that the Edelbrock manifold had accessory ports. It definitely cleans up some of the mess from all the vacuum lines.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The plenum on this manifold is bigger and the runners are shorter than the Skunk2.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats similar to comparing a 4-1 header to a 4-2-1. The Edelbrock is for turbo engines and will give you a higher max hp, but move your power way up the RPM band and sacrifice it down low. The Skunk2 is a NA manifold, supposedly designed to give an overall hp increase and be great for driveability.

Looks nice man. Can't wait to get mine with the 92-95 Edelbrock 50 state turbo kit when it becomes widely available.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:32 AM

lol damn its about time you got it,I love those secondary injector bosses on that manifold....looks good and merry chrismas
Old 05-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Brad do you have any measurements of how much room is left behind the manifold? I'm trying to figure out if I could fit it with my ZEX box in the same place.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (RyanCivic2000)

Ive installed a few on bseries motors and it pissed me off they dont come with a throttle cable bracket, because the stock ones never work and I always end up having to make one..
Old 05-31-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (This One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by This One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive installed a few on bseries motors and it pissed me off they dont come with a throttle cable bracket, because the stock ones never work and I always end up having to make one..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, us D series guys must be blessed cause it came with the bracket and fittings.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Brad do you have any measurements of how much room is left behind the manifold? I'm trying to figure out if I could fit it with my ZEX box in the same place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can get them for you. I will say that this manifold sits lower so you could mount it high and be fine I think.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:49 AM

arrrghh this thread makes me want to get one of these sweet manifold... when this will stop ???

edit : who have it in stock ?? lol ( for real ??)
Old 05-31-2004, 10:54 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

Looks like a much easier install than my Venom manifold was...
Old 05-31-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (dtmamg)

Looks great Brad, good write up I was pleased with the way mine fit also
Old 05-31-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can get them for you. I will say that this manifold sits lower so you could mount it high and be fine I think. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My box is mounted as high as possible right now. If you could get those measurements I would appreciate it. Good write up!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My box is mounted as high as possible right now. If you could get those measurements I would appreciate it. Good write up! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you remember when I had my vacuum box?

It still would have fit easily with this manifold. If that is where it is at, you won't have a problem. Unless the EK's are different.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's exactly where it's at, except the ZEX box is about an 1-2" deeper than that vacuum box from what I can see.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's exactly where it's at, except the ZEX box is about an 1-2" deeper than that vacuum box from what I can see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I still don't see it being an issue.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's looking sweet! I really like that valve cover! The underhood really looks nice without the vacuum box. Nice work and writeup!

So when will the car be up and running?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's looking sweet! I really like that valve cover! The underhood really looks nice without the vacuum box. Nice work and writeup!

So when will the car be up and running?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks!!

Either this week or weekend!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:16 AM

Looks great
Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (hulkhb)

That is a very nice piece. I have the Revhard intake manifold for b16a2. It's just like the Edelbrock one. Much cleaner running the vacumm lines underneath also I can definetly feel the power up top now!

Good write up.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ladysman,

Did it come with that throttle cable bracket? I could probably use the bracket on my B16.

hmmm.......

Old 06-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i want one

Modified by sohcT at 6:03 PM 6/1/2004
Old 06-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (TurboChrgd_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ladysman,

Did it come with that throttle cable bracket? I could probably use the bracket on my B16.

hmmm.......

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it came with the bracket@@
Old 06-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (TurboChrgd_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is a very nice piece. I have the Revhard intake manifold for b16a2. It's just like the Edelbrock one. Much cleaner running the vacumm lines underneath also I can definetly feel the power up top now!

Good write up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe...had you bought the Edelbrock manifold, it would have came with a throttle bracket for the B16! See what you get for buying a copy!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup. (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hehe...had you bought the Edelbrock manifold, it would have came with a throttle bracket for the B16! See what you get for buying a copy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but I paid like $70 less. I can make my own bracket for about $10. Just haven't had time to make one. So I made my current one work.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good...might have to get me one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edelbrock PerformerX Manifold for 92-95 Civic.....Writeup.