Notices

Edelbrock "Performer X" Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock "Performer X" Turbo Kit

Has anyone installed and used this turbo kit or know someone who has? Curious if there have been any issues with it and if it is worth the price. Seems like a pretty reasonable price for what you get. Any opinions on it? Thanks

http://www.edelbrock.com/sport...shtml
Old 02-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Edelbrock "Performer X" Turbo Kit (numotive)

If you can afford it and don't want to piece together a kit I say get it, otherwise build a custom kit where you pick out everything for what you want...going that way can end up quite abit cheaper, or even more expensive depending on what you go with.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Edelbrock "Performer X" Turbo Kit (broketuner-Sol_Si)

Another question... they claim that you don't need to get it tuned with an "otherwise stock engine." Is this true? If I put this kit on a stock GSR can I safely run it with their fuel management without getting it tuned at a shop?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont know about the tuning but if I lived in cali I would go the edelbrock route since I belive there 50 state legal
Old 02-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's true if your car is set ENTIRELY STOCK, if you have any mods like cams or cam gears the program isn't going to be working very well because it's meant for a motor that is 100% stock(similar to the emanage that comes with most greddy kits)

if you do already have mods such as those already mentioned or even more extensive(like headwork and a bigger bore sleeved block), I'd still go with the kit(again if you can afford it) and just toss the edelbrock pretune aside and get something better such as AEM, crome pro, or hondata

edit: accord speaks the truth, to be safe in CA(especially so cal) a carb legal kit like greddy or edelbrock are really your only 2 options...PS, a cop won't know if you up the boost by the wastegate(I think it can be turned up to 10PSI on the internal WG), but if you have some kind of boost controller they might notice it and give you a ref ticket

Modified by broketuner-Sol_Si at 10:55 PM 2/17/2007
Old 02-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

be safe like said above and get either kit. if you want to up the boost hide the boost controller under the intake mani and if you have an electric one hide the controller inside the glove box or so
Old 02-18-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: (bigbadboy)

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I live up in northern California and they like to pick on the imports up here as well. I got a ticket for having a loud exhaust a few months back but I fought it and won.

Yeah I'm thinking of putting the kit on sometime in the future after I do an engine rebuild. My engine has 150k on it and eats a ton of oil and probably wouldn't hold up too long with boost if I put the kit on now...

So if I get pulled over with this Edelbrock kit on I won't have any problems? The ******* cop that gave me the exhaust ticket told me that any modifying of the engine is illegal which sounded like BS to me. He also told me that putting any sort of catback on my car was illegal as well. He made me pop my hood so he could look at my engine and all he found was my CARB legal Comptech header and Comptech icebox...
Old 02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (numotive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numotive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So if I get pulled over with this Edelbrock kit on I won't have any problems? The ******* cop that gave me the exhaust ticket told me that any modifying of the engine is illegal which sounded like BS to me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That cop is one dumb SOB. If you have a stock motor and put the Edelbrock kit on, there is ZERO they can do, cause its LEGAL. I have had an Edelbrock kit on my civic for almost 4 years now, had my hood popped and I just laughed at them and pointed to the CARB E.O. decal...and they send me on my way.

Yes, its tuned and does not need any shop tuning to run correctly on your car.