Notices

ECU Question Turbo -> JRSC

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Question Turbo -> JRSC

Ive got a turbo setup now that ive decided not to install because my friends giving me a great deal on a jrsc.

That means ill be selling most of the turbo stuff, but ill be keeping engine management things.
So ill have the jrsc with:
RC 440s and 255lph fuel pump
PLX Wideband (necessary?)
Boost and Oil Pressure Guages (is oil pressure necessary?)
Kenji Chipped ECU

My question is....aside from the necessity of the wideband and oil guage...can I use the ecu?
It has a basemap for a t3/to4E @ 7psi....will it be able to work with the supercharger or should i just get a different ecu?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU Question Turbo -> JRSC (aquarius)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aquarius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive got a turbo setup now that ive decided not to install because my friends giving me a great deal on a jrsc.

That means ill be selling most of the turbo stuff, but ill be keeping engine management things.
So ill have the jrsc with:
RC 440s and 255lph fuel pump
PLX Wideband (necessary?)
Boost and Oil Pressure Guages (is oil pressure necessary?)
Kenji Chipped ECU

My question is....aside from the necessity of the wideband and oil guage...can I use the ecu?
It has a basemap for a t3/to4E @ 7psi....will it be able to work with the supercharger or should i just get a different ecu? </TD></TR></TABLE>

none of (necessary) stuff you asking about is necessary. stock oil light works when you have 0psi, anything above will be a mystery. chipped ecu is bad idea you should have custom map for your car from tuning session. wideband is also good to have, i'd keep all your gauges. injectors - no idea cause you need to know how much hp you want to have.

now, before you make the decision, your friend is getting rid of suprecharger for a reason.. stick with turbo, much more potential.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU Question Turbo -> JRSC (vtec.dc2)

he's getting rid of it because he built a b20 and doesnt need it anymore. Theres nothing wrong with it and he is trusted. Im dropping the turbo idea because i need something more simple and that is better for daily driving.

But..back to the ecu..(lets please not turn this into a sc vs turbo debate)....can I rechip the ecu during the tune..or what sort of ecu would be best?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

up
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You can burn a different chip if you have chip burner. Whoever is going to tune for you can do the same. Are you geting the supercharger from dennis? If so check the part number because I believe its for an integra ls and im not sure if it will work properly on your motor. Another kid named tom ran it around two summers ago on his dennis's old lsvtec in his old car and it ran like ****. With him at 10psi and me at 10psi, the single cam kicked the **** out of him.