Notices

ecu and fuel for a turbo LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu and fuel for a turbo LS

Can some one tell me if I need to do change my stock ECU and FUEL if I知 going to turbo my 98 LS integra? I知 planning on boosting 8psi or 10 at most.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (zeke1717)

Yea you do. You also need to research more before you put a turbocharger on your LS.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (m R g S r)

Just try it first without the fuel and computer and see what happens.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea you do. You also need to research more before you put a turbocharger on your LS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

id agree with that dont get yourself into more than ur looking for. IMO to run 8-10 safest way get hondata or some sort of fuel management more than a freakin FMU. even a afc hack is better that that. GL on not blowing up ur motor
Old 08-06-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (bruceHungLO)

I think only the AEM EMS standalone system doesn't use the stock ECU, but for most people that system is way out of price range. Don't go cheap and use FMU like one person said. IMO go with Uberdata or Hondata. Read though. I repeat this alot, but it doesn't matter what PSI you run...hell you could run 20 PSI with a very conservative tune. It's more about horsepower. When you reach a certain horsepower your internals start to stress really bad and can break, that's where the tunning comes in. Some say 280WHP some say 350WHP. Just worry more about HP then PSI is what I'm getting at. GL and don't blow your engine....READ!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (zeke1717)

you guys are babies... im running a stock ls boosted for one reason, best comprettion out of b series engines for boost. i got stock injectors and stock fuel pump "people say i should upgrade that stuff but at the time im broke" but i got an boost dependent 12:1 fmu and s-afc to help a little with tuning and ive been boosting fine for almost 2 months now. i say boost it but if u wanna listen to these prissy's then thats ur choice... "good luck now blowing up" you sissy ***...
Old 08-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (bruceHungLO)

I disagree that the hack is better than an FMU. The hack will actually kill the motor faster because of the ignition advance that occurs.
If the FMU keeps the car running rich, and you have the timing retarded, I think you should be fine.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (turboda6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboda6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are babies... im running a stock ls boosted for one reason, best comprettion out of b series engines for boost. i got stock injectors and stock fuel pump "people say i should upgrade that stuff but at the time im broke" but i got an boost dependent 12:1 fmu and s-afc to help a little with tuning and ive been boosting fine for almost 2 months now. i say boost it but if u wanna listen to these prissy's then thats ur choice... "good luck now blowing up" you sissy ***...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats because its being smart, so what ur broke and for over 2 months thats all its still in one peice give it a extra month
Old 08-06-2004, 12:05 PM

da6, you WILL learn soon enough.

and for those debating the hack or fmu, whats the point. They both suck.

If your looking for a cheap ems then get uberdata. Yes, its harder to learn, but its well worth it. And besides, all the add ons that you get why not. Full throttle launch is my favorite.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AEM EMS standalone system doesn't use the stock ECU, but for most people that system is way out of price range.</TD></TR></TABLE> I believe you are correct it is hella expensive and from what I have read up on it, it connects to what u use to read when your engine is throwin codes. Like what the Domestic ecu reprogrammers go thru. It is supposed to be real easy to use. But what I don't like about it is that you pay 1k for somthing the hondata will do for like 300 bux. I like hondata the best right now the reason being the fact you can get the boost option, traction control, g sensor (all the add on's) and the AEM EMS don't do any of that from what I understand..
Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (SiKid86)

im just gonna run fmu and fuel pump and missing link. just like my old ls setup ran perfect. low 13's with baby slicks at 10 psi not hookin up

and when i went with dsm's and smc everything went downhill from there. imma be ls turbo once again and imma use the fmu/missing link/ fuel pump combo good luck on urs.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ecu and fuel for a turbo LS (SiKid86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiKid86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I believe you are correct it is hella expensive and from what I have read up on it, it connects to what u use to read when your engine is throwin codes. Like what the Domestic ecu reprogrammers go thru. It is supposed to be real easy to use. But what I don't like about it is that you pay 1k for somthing the hondata will do for like 300 bux. I like hondata the best right now the reason being the fact you can get the boost option, traction control, g sensor (all the add on's) and the AEM EMS don't do any of that from what I understand..</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude you dont' have the slightest idea of what you're talking about!! the AEM EMS is far surprior to hondata. and it doesn't plug up to that 2 pin plug used to check your CEL code. it takes the place of your stock ecu and plugs right in where your ecu would plug in to. the AEM EMS has tons more features and options than Hondata will ever have and not only that, internal data loggin kicks ***! as well as not having to burn a chip everytime i want to change something