Notices

eclipse turbo on a d16z6???? How to's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eclipse turbo on a d16z6???? How to's?

Im trying to research to find out how to put a eclipse turbo on a d16z6 in a del sol. is it possiable. im sure it is but how? what is all needed?

Iv never had a turbo car, But iv done a fair amount of research.

Turbo
Mani
Intercooler
oil feed and return
BOV
Wastegate.

IS that it?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eclipse turbo on a d16z6???? How to's?

you will need a turbo manifold flanged for that turbo. honestly i would just get something in a t3 footprint. much easier to find manifolds

charge pipes
injectors
fuel pump
regulator
some sort of engine management
IE: ectune, hondata, neptune, crome
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
honestly i would just get something in a t3 footprint. much easier to find manifolds
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Which eclipse turbo do you mean? They came with the 14b or a t25. If you're wanting a mitsubishi flanged turbo, I'd say go for a 16g, but that's just me (because that's what I run on my LS lol)

The way I got the turbo to work was to get a manifold that is t3 flanged, and bought an adapter plate, and had it welded onto the t3 flange. It's not ideal, but hey...it works for me.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

okay. now that i figured out how to get it to work.

How do i hook up the oil drain and feed lines? that confuses me.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block screws out and yuo can put a TEE in place so you still utilize the pressure sender and now have a place to hook up for oil pressure. OR you can get a sanwhich plate which is pretty much fool proof.

Then you need a -3an feed line, you can buy them with the fitting already on it. Im unsure of the mitsu turbos BUT im my theory all turbso on a honda engine should run an oil restrictor because our engines make alot of oil pressure and for the most parts a good majority of the turbos being produced arent designed to handle that kind of pressure. The turbo oil "seal" is actually more like a piston ring.its not a perfect seal and there only supposed to handle Up to 65psi but like less if possible.

For example i run a -4an oil feed line (just cause i had extra line and fittings laying around) otherwise would have ran a -3an. i have a function7 oil restrictor on my turbo which has a .065 opening to only allow so much oil to the turbo

The oil drain line should be -10an hose, you wil need to have a bun welded onto your oil pan as high as it can go but still able to get a fitting into it, or you can get a moroso pan which is expensive, or you can get a function7 fitting (other companies makethis fitting too) that will bolt onto the pan, you then drill three holes to match up with the fitting, put thin layer of high temp silicone on both sides of gasket and around bolts and bolt it on. Thats abotu as cheap as you can get it. Click the link below to see that fitting im talking about. Ive been running mine with this fitting for 5 years, hasent leaked or loosend up once. And for obvious reasons take the oil pan off when doing this and PLEASE make sure you thoroughly clean it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Funct...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright. Thanks for the help. im gonna try to gather up the parts and start in on it. Ill try to make a progress log. Um thanks again.