Notices

Ebay Turbo Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Turbo Questions!!

I am planning to boost my Ls. I am looking at this turbo Kit from XS Power on Ebay! This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

People Have told me its good for about a year and a half then eventually would have to change the turbo it self. Not sure how true it is.But i do plan to upgrade my turbo before a year but just to start off, I plan to get the trbo kit off of ebay and get it tuned when I put it on!Hopefully I dont run into anyproblems.I plan to run about 4 pounds of boost daily drive and no more than 6 to 7 pounds when i am racing. But i also plan to get some low compression pistons&rods and block gaurd.Then I will get the b16 head and go lsvtec. But I am wondering if I should go with that turbo kit off of ebay cause i heard both good and bad.So ....... I ma not sure. Please let me know if i should go ahead and do the ebay turbo kit and if i do would i have to change anything and what would it be I have to change. Also how much pounds of boost would ya'll recommend I use on a stock LS head and block!??
Old 12-20-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Questions!! (Nasty1civic)

you get what you pay for. saving a few bucks isn't worth it. The components are crap.

jm2c
Old 12-20-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Questions!! (ForceThis!)

Exactly what is crap? Is the manifold ,turbo ?what exactly is crap cause i honestly want to have the basic components and what ever is **** i will replace.But at lease i will get somewhere.Cause as far as $$$ Things a rough!!But I ma sick of all motor. I have the fastes Stock All motor Ls on the southside of Ga.So now i am trying to go boost.I been all-motor tooo long!So help me out and tell me what from the ebay kit is crap!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Questions!! (Nasty1civic)

specifically the manifold is very thin and WILL crack, its just a question of when, next week, next spring who knows, buts its gonna happen. The wastegate is a Tial knockoff prone to inconsistent performance and spikes, that IC is so small as to not be useful past a pound and a half. just part it together yourself, it will cost more but you wont be running off a $150 turbo that features a compressor housing that is epoxied on, NOT bolted.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Questions!! (ForceThis!)

LOL oK. But i already have a wastegate,and my brother might give me the bov so the most i would have used was the turbo intercooler/Piping and Manifold.Until I can get a good manifold.Also my Cuzzin in new york just called me and let me know he running a ebay turbo kit simular to the one i want and he is now runnign 12's on it tuned.But when he got it tuned the people at the shop changed a few things to make sure the shyt from ebay could take the boost and he did tell me he changed the manifold after a year cause it did crack!! But thatnks for the Advice!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly what is crap? </TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty much everything...now having said that, there are going to be the few people who are going to stir up **** by saying how well it works for them, but for the vast MAJORITY of people, it is a complete waste of money. You're gambling on the quality of parts and honestly, i'd much rather just do it right the first time because i hate fixing things....

if you want a turbo car that is cheap and breaks all the time, get a DSM