Notices

Ebay turbo guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ebay turbo guys

^^ funny you say that, because i personally made 400whp on a sohc, on that SAME manifold. TONS and TONS of people use that SAME manifold with ZERO problems. so im not sure where you get your information....real world experience > whatever you "think" you know. everyone says the same **** "it will creep, bad wastegate placement" i personally have tuned 20+ cars with that manifold and NOT A SINGLE ONE of them had ANY kind of boost creep. period. my personal car ran a 7psi spring, running 25psi off the mbc, and had ZERO creep.

same with that twisted ram manifold....again, another manifold that I PERSONALLY have ran, and tuned another 3-5 cars with the same one....ZERO problems.

i HATE it when people talk about **** they have never run, or had any experience with. if u dont have it on your car, STFU.

oh and the name brand turbo's with the tags ground off.....probably the dumbest **** ive heard in a LONG time...and im all for chineese turbo's.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
NO..this one has the worst!
right in the bumper
Attachment 74837
i really dont want to call you names, but you sir are an idiot. bad wastegate placement? it comes out of the collector, where all 4 runners come together....same as ANY ramhorn or top mount manifold....so you mean to tell me that damn near every commercially made manifold has bad wastegate placement?

if your talking about WHERE the wastegate is (assuming so with your "bumper" comment) then again, wtf you smoking? its the same place as any other ramhorn, mini-ram, etc etc. if you think thats bad "placement" what would you say about a twin gate topmount? lmfao.

some peoples kids i swear.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2camciv
^^ funny you say that, because i personally made 400whp on a sohc, on that SAME manifold. TONS and TONS of people use that SAME manifold with ZERO problems. so im not sure where you get your information....real world experience > whatever you "think" you know. everyone says the same **** "it will creep, bad wastegate placement" i personally have tuned 20+ cars with that manifold and NOT A SINGLE ONE of them had ANY kind of boost creep. period. my personal car ran a 7psi spring, running 25psi off the mbc, and had ZERO creep.

same with that twisted ram manifold....again, another manifold that I PERSONALLY have ran, and tuned another 3-5 cars with the same one....ZERO problems.

i HATE it when people talk about **** they have never run, or had any experience with. if u dont have it on your car, STFU.

oh and the name brand turbo's with the tags ground off.....probably the dumbest **** ive heard in a LONG time...and im all for chineese turbo's.
I really dont care how many cars with the manifold you have tuned, bad placement is bad placement. Maybe it didnt creep but that doesn't mean thats where you would want it. If you are trying to say thats a okay place to put a wastegate maybe you should check YOUR information.

Also I said I would pass on it, not that it would not work for him depending on his power goals. ****ing retards on h-t twisting peoples words all the time.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

When Did I ever say it was a bad manifold? I just said it had bad wastegate placement. I didnt say I ran it and it boost creeped yadayada.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

chillllllllll everyone cant agree i like ebay turbos i like brand name turbos either way my cars gonna be turbod if my ebay ***** on me ill buy a new one for practically nothing and eventually ill invest in a a ****in semi truck turbo sound good =]
now stop fighting
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread has gotten soooo funny!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just like many others, I've seen them last long. Lots of things we enjoy in life are from china, pretty much everything we use in our daily lives, including some of our turbos...lol.

Just like the comedian "JoKoy" said for laughs, that the new slogan should be.

"America, made in China". Either way, a $119.00 turbo is probably the best band for buck part you can get, thats even cheaper than an aftermarket throttle body.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not fighting with anyone...just stating facts based on my personal experiences. in theory the wastegate placement isnt ideal, in practice it works perfectly. if you think wastegate placement is bad on that...check out some comercial v8 turbo kits that run 1 38mm gate for 8 cylinders. not ideal by any means...but it works perfectly. everything is about comprimises.

the honda-tech "myths" about wastegate placement, ebay turbo's and lots of other things just kill me...more mis-information gets spread around this place, than actual, factual, information and its pretty sad. 98% of the time its spread around by people that dont even use the stuff in question.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not fighting with anyone...just stating facts based on my personal experiences. in theory the wastegate placement isnt ideal, in practice it works perfectly. if you think wastegate placement is bad on that...check out some comercial v8 turbo kits that run 1 38mm gate for 8 cylinders. not ideal by any means...but it works perfectly. everything is about comprimises.

the honda-tech "myths" about wastegate placement, ebay turbo's and lots of other things just kill me...more mis-information gets spread around this place, than actual, factual, information and its pretty sad. 98% of the time its spread around by people that dont even use the stuff in question.
u r right about the info getting spread around. I know of plenty of people with the 57 trims, 60-1, t70's that are making great power some of which are or 500whp now and are very happy with using the cheap stuff and saving money. Why not and make great power for years and years.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I understand maybe I am just so aganist it because I had a cast manifold with wg position like that and it creeped on me, but I agree about the ebay turbos..theres a 600hp hatch running around here local that runs a ebay turbo with no issues. But ive seen lots of other ones take a dump so I guess its a crackshot with them. Just me personally I wouldnt run them because I dont have time to work on my car if it takes a dump. Ive seen plenty of them fail and ive seen plenty of them work out okay..
Old 10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you guys calmed down.

Thanks for the good info guys
Old 10-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TehGhett0P1mp
I understand maybe I am just so aganist it because I had a cast manifold with wg position like that and it creeped on me, but I agree about the ebay turbos..theres a 600hp hatch running around here local that runs a ebay turbo with no issues. But ive seen lots of other ones take a dump so I guess its a crackshot with them. Just me personally I wouldnt run them because I dont have time to work on my car if it takes a dump. Ive seen plenty of them fail and ive seen plenty of them work out okay..
I want to know which ebay turbo made 600hp. I was looking into a ebay holset hx40 clone turbo. I was talking to a guy that builds and balances turbos he said that most where out of balance thats why they failed. he told me that if he rebalanced Chinese turbo he dont have the failure as often. I am a machinist i own a hardness tester. i will tell you what i have found the shafts are not as hard on them either. i would say if your turbo was out of balance and the shaft was soft that would ware out quicker. I have a access to a balancer i am going to use. Also we send cutters to get coated we pay by the pound so i am going to throw the turbine in a batch of cutters we send out. I'll let you guys know how it works out. i know that the cost is free for me but if you didn't have access to the stuff i have access to you would have enough you could by a garrett or borg turbo.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you see, ebay turbos aren't all that bad.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an ebay turbo kit. The turbo is fine, everything else isnt. My BOV fell off the car one day...it just kind of snapped in half after about 3 months. It was kind of warped when i found it. My Wastegate is currently melting my front grill. 600 Kit. I have had to spend 2300 bucks retuning and new parts. Thanks Dick Head In jersey i bought the car from...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Question to the Chinese turbo owners.. How are your turbos holding up>?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i dont have a chinese turbo, but i got a ebay wg and bov. wg works perfect. but bov sucks!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine just fell apart and blew up my engine.....EBAY TURBOS FTL!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Who the fack changed my title?!

this is a good/interesting topic thats been brought up because im kind of interested in purchasing a turbo from ebay. would it be ligical to run the turbo untill it facks up then rebuild it with quality internals and just keep the housing/fans? interested to know
Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont buy that garbage. You can get a used decent condition quality turbo for like 400 bucks. what if it screws something else up in the process?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by azandford
dont buy that garbage. You can get a used decent condition quality turbo for like 400 bucks. what if it screws something else up in the process?
then ill just warranty everything out that ****s up. thats the benifit of having parts on warranty
Old 12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of warranty do you have covers parts that you f up with cheap crap? please let me know, i definently need that warranty. Do you also get a sign that says stupid that you can stick on your forehead?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:35 PM

what kind of warranty do you have covers parts that you f up with cheap crap? please let me know, i definently need that warranty. Do you also get a sign that says stupid that you can stick on your forehead?
no you get an asian driving a ford asking stupid questions in a box sent right to your front door.

i was gonna poke fun at your name earlier but now i must make it obvious. asians and fords do not mix. at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9WCvRugrJw

fyi theres a 60 to 90(or 3 month period in your technical case) that you can replace your parts if they **** up. take care of your **** and you wont have that problem
Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool, 14b DSM turbo with HF manifold it is..
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol ^^^ first of all im not asian and i dont drive a ford a would be my first initial followed by my last name how you deduced im an asian driving a ford on a honda/acura website i do not know. Im pretty sure these manufacturers warrant there parts only for defects in the manufacturing process not people f-ing them up with cheap stuff. Somehow taking care of your **** and cheap mods dont really seem to go together. Wouldnt taking care of your **** be buying quality parts and doing the job right and not just slapping on a china turbo and hoping that if it blows **** up that it does it within the 30 day period that your warranty covers? I mean, are you gonna ask the guy to send you the turbo that will blow within 30-90 days? Oh ****..it blew on day 91 guess you should have gotten the extended plan...oh well
Old 12-17-2009, 05:14 PM

lol ^^^ first of all im not asian and i dont drive a ford a would be my first initial followed by my last name how you deduced im an asian driving a ford on a honda/acura website i do not know. Im pretty sure these manufacturers warrant there parts only for defects in the manufacturing process not people f-ing them up with cheap stuff. Somehow taking care of your **** and cheap mods dont really seem to go together. Wouldnt taking care of your **** be buying quality parts and doing the job right and not just slapping on a china turbo and hoping that if it blows **** up that it does it within the 30 day period that your warranty covers? I mean, are you gonna ask the guy to send you the turbo that will blow within 30-90 days? Oh ****..it blew on day 91 guess you should have gotten the extended plan...oh well
even still. i see your point of view. but i just do not like the way your explaining it.

Quick Reply: Ebay turbo guys