Notices

Dyno Plots & Experience With ATI Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Dyno Plots & Experience With ATI Procharger?

A bit curious about these kits. I was not aware they were still being produced by ATI.

They never really took off in the market, and between that and Photobucket ruining years of documentation, I really can't find a lot of results from these. I know they're good for 300-350WHP, but I want to see the torque curves for both a 1.6 and 1.8L.

Trying to find videos on YouTube is also difficult since people post dyno runs with no plots at the end... Which I don't and never will understand. There were a couple decent forum threads on these kits but only a few people were using them, and all the images are now offline.

If anyone has any experience with these I'd like to hear. Longevity, if there's issues with belt slip or needing internal rebuilds, IATs for track duty and traffic cruising, etc...
Old 12-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dyno Plots & Experience With ATI Procharger?

Originally Posted by Chance EG
A bit curious about these kits. I was not aware they were still being produced by ATI.

They never really took off in the market, and between that and Photobucket ruining years of documentation, I really can't find a lot of results from these. I know they're good for 300-350WHP, but I want to see the torque curves for both a 1.6 and 1.8L.

Trying to find videos on YouTube is also difficult since people post dyno runs with no plots at the end... Which I don't and never will understand. There were a couple decent forum threads on these kits but only a few people were using them, and all the images are now offline.

If anyone has any experience with these I'd like to hear. Longevity, if there's issues with belt slip or needing internal rebuilds, IATs for track duty and traffic cruising, etc...
I have a lot of experience with Vortech centrifugal blowers on my Mustang (7 years). Belt slip and high IAT's are a constant battle, especially if hot lapping at the track. I ended up with a custom 10 rib belt, and a tensioner that put a ridiculous load on the crank. I am going turbo on my Coyote swap.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

i have a friend that owned a 2000 gsr with that kit. his made 290whp on 14psi on a very low reading dyno. he had a 22psi pulley that we never bolted on, but was supposedly good for around 400. he only owned the car for about a year but had no issues with the kit. it idled well and never overheated in traffic that i know of. dont know about IATs. it was full weight, oem leather interior, AC, PS, sound system, etc. I remember coming back from somewhere picking up an engine for my car and we pulled up next to a bolt-on 350z cruising on the interstate. With 4 people in the car (my friend driving, another friend, myself, and my girlfriend)... and an engine and h2b kit in the trunk, we pulled 5-7 car lengths on the z from 40-100ish lol. car was very quick. Car had been tuned like an all motor car, AFRs were around 12.5 even in boost, i guess because boost delivery is so consistent. Im sure i would be equally impressed by a rotrex kit, but i gotta say that car was fast for what it was, felt like a solid mid-12 second car.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the input so far guys, I appreciate it.

I'm sure the overall heat soak would be significantly less in the engine bay compared to most turbo setups?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sure the overall heat soak would be significantly less in the engine bay compared to most turbo setups?
i imagine it is. the heat from the compressor is probably minimal since it isnt exhaust driven and the blower is behind the far corner of the bumper pretty much not in the engine bay at all.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to get into contact with WUNFSTGSR.

He is the resident ProCharger setup expert.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IAT's are more of a concern than heat soak with centri units. In my tune I had it set-up to pull timing when IAT's got above 200. Lets just say when I would look at my data logs it was always pulling timing in 3rd and 4th gear, and thats on a 1/4 mile run. Dyno #'s when cold and real world, hood closed, engine hot numbers will be drastically different.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I didnt even know procharger has a kit for us. Wow i only remember some vortech kits anybody used haha.
My SC wet dream is a 500whp with a real twin screw charger. Like a wipple 100 line or lysholm 1200.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
IAT's are more of a concern than heat soak with centri units. In my tune I had it set-up to pull timing when IAT's got above 200. Lets just say when I would look at my data logs it was always pulling timing in 3rd and 4th gear, and thats on a 1/4 mile run. Dyno #'s when cold and real world, hood closed, engine hot numbers will be drastically different.
Were you using an intercooler?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Were you using an intercooler?
At first no, then briefly yes but lost 4 psi, then I ditched the intercooler and went to meth injection which helped but I didnt trust it. A mild centri kit is a good low maintenance easy way to make power. When you start trying to spin the blower at capacity is when all the centri downsides show up.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
At first no, then briefly yes but lost 4 psi, then I ditched the intercooler and went to meth injection which helped but I didnt trust it. A mild centri kit is a good low maintenance easy way to make power. When you start trying to spin the blower at capacity is when all the centri downsides show up.
Yeah. Was just calculating some of the impeller speeds for the C-1A at different engine RPM. 9000+RPM maxes out the impeller speed quick depending on what pulley you're using.

I'm having issues finding any 4 rib pulleys available. Does anyone know/can figure out what pulley comes with the ATI kit? I can't figure out what the stock one is, and I can't really find any replacement pulleys either. Most I can find is a 3" Jackson Racing pulley, 4 rib.