Notices

dyno'd our street gsr!

Old 03-25-2004, 10:44 AM
No Sales Forums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno'd our street gsr!

we have a 2000 gsr that we have moderatly built...using a sc 61 we were able to pull 393hp and 254 torque last night at titan motorsports dyno at a conservative 16 psi. the car has a stock head so we didnt go past 8200 rpm and is a stock 81mm bore. we are very pleased with the results so far and this once again proves how microtech is one of the best standalone units out there.

ill be posting the dyno as soon as i get it up on my computer
Old 03-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (CFT-Si)

not too shabby, but not all that impressive either really. Microtech is a great ECU no doubt, but it depends on who you ask if its the best. there are people on here doing close to that on lower boost or stock motors.
Boosted Hybrid did like 379@ some sick tq with Hondata and stock C1 bottom end with thicker Headgasket and 11psi.

Not bringing you down , they are great numbers, but i have seen them replicated on less than the best ECU's
Old 03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this once again proves how microtech is one of the best standalone units out there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice advertisement... no offense, but this really says more about the tuner than the engine management system...

nice numbers either way though...
Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 AM
No Sales Forums

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (itr206)

we could have pushed it more but we were having problems with the boost controller. also we could have gotten more power but we kept the a/f at a conservative 11.9
Old 03-25-2004, 11:06 AM
No Sales Forums

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (trboCIVICWRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trboCIVICWRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice advertisement... no offense, but this really says more about the tuner than the engine management system...

nice numbers either way though... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey im like busta rhymes receiving and award at the mtv awards! soon as he gets the mic he promotes that album

by the way no offense taken
Old 03-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey im like busta rhymes receiving and award at the mtv awards! soon as he gets the mic he promotes that album

by the way no offense taken</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was good. I like that. Also those are still good numbers for a street car on pump gas. What was the rest of the mods on the car?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey im like busta rhymes receiving and award at the mtv awards! soon as he gets the mic he promotes that album

by the way no offense taken</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats classic!

Old 03-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we are very pleased with the results so far and this once again proves how microtech is one of the best standalone units out there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly how does that prove mircotech is one of the best standalone units?
we've seen an fmu fuel management setup make over 500 whp....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we could have pushed it more but we were having problems with the boost controller. also we could have gotten more power but we kept the a/f at a conservative 11.9 </TD></TR></TABLE>

um you dont want to go any higher than 12.0:1 on high boost like that... so i wouldnt call it conservative
Old 03-25-2004, 11:52 AM
No Sales Forums

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly how does that prove mircotech is one of the best standalone units?
we've seen an fmu fuel management setup make over 500 whp....

um you dont want to go any higher than 12.0:1 on high boost like that... so i wouldnt call it conservative
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well one reason would be because it only took 30 min. on the dyno with the use of a hand set to get the car there. plus the car idles perfect and in daily driving it does not eat up gas plus it has a/c and p/s

Modified by CFT-Si at 4:28 PM 3/25/2004
Old 03-25-2004, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (itr206)

kinda sounds like regular numbers...good job none the less
Old 03-25-2004, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFT-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the car idles perfect and in daily driving it does not eat up gas plus it has a/c and p/s </TD></TR></TABLE>
cant that be done with hondata?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:12 PM

Good numbers Aem is just as good as well. Depends on tuner.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (ek9turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
cant that be done with hondata?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you bet your butt
Old 03-26-2004, 07:09 AM

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (FredoSP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FredoSP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you bet your butt </TD></TR></TABLE>
cause i thought that can only be done with microtech
Old 03-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice #'s and good torque.. You guys saying those #'s are really average are some spoiled mother *******.. Almost 400whp @ 16psi and you guys are bitching that's average? I think thats pretty good.

btw, boosted hybrid did 354hp/239tq not 379.. really good for 11psi though.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:18 AM

What is the rest of the setup?
Old 03-26-2004, 08:24 AM

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (DIRep972)

Lets see you take a hondata and transfer it to another car and get the same performance as microtec. Hondata works well on Hondas it is aimed for the honda family of engines. If you decide to sell the honda and go another route, the microtec would take you there with no problems. But the down side is that microtec is not supported as much as Hondata so you really have to know the microtec to use it well...and that takes tuning time. Why hasn't Hondata made a DIS system yet? I know that a DIS syetem would be awesome in the higher reving engines. This is like asking wether its tomato or tomoto..every one has their opinion. I personaly like Haltec.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (Bontke)

We dynoed our street GSR w/ pistons and rods in a B16 block (stock sleeves) and made 520 whp 390 tq on a 50 trim @ 26 psi with a Hondata s200 setup. How do your numbers show that microtech is one of the best units out there again?
Brian
Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (Bontke)

I completely ignored the plug, but I won't mind learning a lil about the microtech system... maybe someone from microtech can make an informative post explaining why their system is so good(w/ out saying "because the pro's use it" like another system always does ) Bontke- what is a "DIS" system?

Modified by DIRep972 at 1:59 PM 3/26/2004
Old 03-26-2004, 09:58 AM

I believe it is distributor-less like on my 01 civic.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (eghatchproject)

The newer microtech ecu's are good. I was speaking to one of our top tuners and they no longer like hondata, reccommended I didn't buy it. They are from the same shop where hondata was created I'm fairly sure. Said microtech was a simple product but did was what it meant to do very well and is easy to operate with.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> nice #'s and good torque.. You guys saying those #'s are really average are some spoiled mother *******.. Almost 400whp @ 16psi and you guys are bitching that's average? I think thats pretty good.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree whole heartedly. It seems like every time someone posts a number, someone has to come on and say well so and so did this much more. Its like a non-stop one up contest. All cars are different, and no two setups are the same.

Congrats on the numbers. I'm sure its a fun car
Old 03-26-2004, 12:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: dyno'd our street gsr! (rondigs)

Those who can't talk and those who do DO

simple as that - the people saying those numbers aren't so great probably don't have anything of their own to prove differently, i gotta say - any honda pushing close to 400 hp at the wheels on a relatively stock engine is quite impressive

btw fernando - just wait till the coupe gets done - you are first on the hit list

James
Old 04-01-2004, 04:21 PM
No Sales Forums

we ran the car this past weekend at battle of the imports here in orlando. the car ran a best of 12.2x @ 122 on drag bfg's. remember the car is a at full factory spec weight. we should be in the 11's pretty soon!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
TurboJesse

Microtech is a sick system But i wouldn't attribute it to your numbers. Which are very nice btw ( I heard the car that won Battle of the imports was running free software )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dyno'd our street gsr!