Notices

Dyno Numbers for a GSR Hatch Tdo5h-18!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Numbers for a GSR Hatch Tdo5h-18!!!

Well I went and got tuned today and this is what I managed.

Setup:
1992 Civic VX Hatchback
0bd1 B18c1
Greddy Turbo kit Tdo5h-18g
Uberdata
310cc RC Injectors
Greddy Type 31 Intercooler
Greddy Type S BOV
Greddy manifold at 7psi, but with spikes to 8-10psi averages at 8.5psi
2inch Greddy downpipe
High Flow Cat
2 1/4 Tanabe Catback exhaust
AEM FPR

Well I am happy that I broke 220whp, although I wanted to break 230. My tuner said that if I had a larger injectors, and a larger exhaust from the downpipe back I could have made 250whp. Well anyways the car pulls like crazy and I am Ultra Satisfied for now

Base Run

After tuning, Max Power Run

So what do you guys think?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty cool,

I think that motor could pull out more power.
but still very cool stuff.

keep at it!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

Nice power. You could of got some more power out of a different turbo. Look good though, not hatin
Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u need a bigger turbo, but still nice numbers from a baby turbo
Old 05-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

need bigger turbo and better management
220 hp will get old but welcome to the world of boost
Old 05-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (vaporboy12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">need bigger turbo and better management
220 hp will get old but welcome to the world of boost</TD></TR></TABLE>
whats wrong with his managment? Uberdata is nice...maybe just needs some bigger injectors.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dunkd)

not trying to argue about the size of the turbo, but maybe you didnt read the setup. The lack of power is because of the very restrictive exhuast. the downpipe is only 2 inches, and the exhaust itself is only like 2 1/4. My tuner said that with a 3inch exhuast and bigger injectors i could of made like 250-260. The turbo is a fine size. Its capable of 400 whp and up to 22psi. So you guys that are saying its to small need to check your sources. I think its stupid to use a huge t3/t04e for only 8 psi. This turbo which is still a rather big turbo will spool a hella lot faster than the other one. If I had a built motor and was running like 18psi daily, than obviausly I would use a bigger turbo.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (CivicGSR225)

so what maps are you using with uberdata? You tune a basemap with a wideband and the dyno? I really like the maps i'm running right now.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicGSR225 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not trying to argue about the size of the turbo, but maybe you didnt read the setup. The lack of power is because of the very restrictive exhuast. the downpipe is only 2 inches, and the exhaust itself is only like 2 1/4. My tuner said that with a 3inch exhuast and bigger injectors i could of made like 250-260. The turbo is a fine size. Its capable of 400 whp and up to 22psi. So you guys that are saying its to small need to check your sources. I think its stupid to use a huge t3/t04e for only 8 psi. This turbo which is still a rather big turbo will spool a hella lot faster than the other one. If I had a built motor and was running like 18psi daily, than obviausly I would use a bigger turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

18g won't do 22psi. 15psi max, then it starts spiking and running out of steam.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: (MachAF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

18g won't do 22psi. 15psi max, then it starts spiking and running out of steam.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, will it not?

last time i saw an 18g (greddy kit) was on a friends dsm and he was pushing 21psi everyday, held solid and made over 300hp, on pump gas.

your #'s look good, with a bigger exhaust and whatnot you should be golden.

machaf's post is a prime example why to take everything read here with a grain of salt and not absolute truth. your greddy turbo will hit 300hp with some more boost. no offense, machAF, but i disagree

for uberdata
Old 05-14-2004, 06:17 AM

Default Re: (bisket)

Nice numbers for your setup

open that exhaust up (downpipe, cat, exhaust...3") and then you'll see some very good power increase, turbo will spool up quicker aswell.

you can make pretty decent power off that snail, so I wouldn't be worried about it. The day you want big time power it'll have to go though, however...right now its just fine for what you want.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (patdemps)

I have a friend with a 2000 SI with the same turbo kit, yet the type 24 intercooler, he made 225whp at 7.5psi on his b16 motor with the stock blue box and a J&S safeguard. This was with teh stock downpipe and a greddy evo exhaust. So your power is a little less from his at a high boost with a bigger motor, but his exhaust may flow more. Now he has upgraded the downpipe to step up to 3in and has a 3in thermal. A note of warning, if you move to a 3in exhaust and 3in downpipe the internal gate cannot regulate very well. He had to take off his boost controller and is currently running everything stock but it starts boost at 5psi and creeps up to 12psi by redline. He was boosting 15psi over the winter though on his stock block with hondata, 440cc inj. That little turbo can get up and go, I've seen him put down alot of other cars with bigger turbos due to his car spooling at 3500.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

18g won't do 22psi. 15psi max, then it starts spiking and running out of steam.</TD></TR></TABLE> Thats just stupid. My friend boosts 22psi on a 16g and it holds fine through redline.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bisket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

last time i saw an 18g (greddy kit) was on a friends dsm and he was pushing 21psi everyday, held solid and made over 300hp, on pump gas</TD></TR></TABLE> Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Well like I said more power will come towards the end of the summer w/3inch downpipe back exhaust and my 460cc injectors. Another reason power was down was because of the injectors were close to max duty cycle. Right now I have to focus on other things first.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:10 PM

15psi with the greddy 18G I hold 15psi daily on 93 pump gas. on hondata I should make around 300whp at the same boost on pump gas. that turbo is effiecient up into the mid 20's psi wise......check boosted hybrids dyno sheets. he is making 290-300whp on that turbo on stock block honda's it will do 350whp on race gas
Old 05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (BoostedITR41)

DSM's push that turbo over 350whp ( ive heard even close to 400whp) not need to get a bigger turbo. Remember the boost doesn't matter, as long as the turbo is still efficent
Old 05-14-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: (Mpir3)

BTW, it sounds like your tuner absolutely blows. You aren't anywhere near needing bigger injectors. As a matter of fact, you could break 300hp with nothing more than an $80 exhaust bypass and better tuning.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1316130057)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1316130057 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, it sounds like your tuner absolutely blows. You aren't anywhere near needing bigger injectors. As a matter of fact, you could break 300hp with nothing more than an $80 exhaust bypass and better tuning. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm wrong moron. They are only 310cc injectors, the only thing that is keeping them from maxing out is the AEM FPR which we had to up the fuel pressure. He didnt want to make it unsafe. SO before you start saying my tuner blows I think you should think about what you are saying. 310cc injectors making 300whp? Thats just stupid.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicGSR225 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Umm wrong moron. They are only 310cc injectors, the only thing that is keeping them from maxing out is the AEM FPR which we had to up the fuel pressure. He didnt want to make it unsafe. SO before you start saying my tuner blows I think you should think about what you are saying. 310cc injectors making 300whp? Thats just stupid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

440's should get you to 300whp....310's will never get your there....I would go with 550's so you are sure they can support the power.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:32 PM

18g won't do 22psi. 15psi max, then it starts spiking and running out of steam.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem is not the turbo. The internal wastegate has a problem holding boost after about 11psi.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:44 AM

My 3315lb AWD car has run 118mph on an Evo III 16G at 26psi. I maxed out my 550cc/min injectors with it, and I'm now at 80% IDC with some 660s.

The 18G should be good for even more.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ShapeGSX)

I made 230whp, and 220 tq. with the 18g on my stock ls motor, (10psi)..This was also with the 2 in downpipe, and 2 1/4 cat back.....I have ran up to 15-16 psi on slicks with no spiking at all, anything after that, the greddy wastegate/actuator setup is worthless...But yes, the turbo will support more boost, but the rest of the greddy setup is not up to the task...Sucks for us 18g guys...
Old 05-15-2004, 02:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicGSR225 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Umm wrong moron. They are only 310cc injectors, the only thing that is keeping them from maxing out is the AEM FPR which we had to up the fuel pressure. He didnt want to make it unsafe. SO before you start saying my tuner blows I think you should think about what you are saying. 310cc injectors making 300whp? Thats just stupid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm...YOU are wrong moron. You're the idiot that's paying a monkey to tune your car, where as I've tuned more engines than you've ever popped hoods on.

310cc injectors will get you into the 300hp. You're only looking at injectors as your source for more fuel, because apparantly you are a complete ignoramous. You're just swallowing the advice of a tuner that has no idea WTF he's doing or how to make power other than "y0, just turn up the b00st!".

For starters, if your tuner were any good, he'd tell you that you need a 255lph fuel pump more than anything else. He's a fool to turn up your fuel pressure on a stock pump.

Second, your FPR can support up to 80psi inital line pressure. Even at a spike, you're running 10psi. Make use of the friggin FPR already.

Third, Get your new pump, an electric exhaust bypass, and have the jackass tuner turn up the inital line pressure to 65psi and tune from there. At only 10psi max, you have lots of room with 310cc injectors and a 255lph pump unless you plan to rev to 9k.

And finally, understand that you are speaking to someone with more experience tuning and building engines than you have pulling your pecker. If you want to challenge my standpoint, that's fine, but to start calling names is what got you the schooling that you deserved, and believe me, it could have been worse. BTW..read my signature.

Edit: Actually, you know what...I'll do one better. I'll bet that your "tuner" after making the lower boost runs, turned your inital line pressure up to about 50psi before he said "hmm...this thing seems to have added little to no more fuel since I left it at at/near stock pressure...I wonder why?! Ah hell with it, I'll just tell him he needs bigger injetors."

Do your self a favor, ask your "tuner" (&lt;----still trying not to laugh) the following question "Why is it that no more fuel was added when you upped the fuel pressure?" and after he stutters and mumbles, I'll tell you why no more fuel was added. Let's see if either you or him can figure it out for your self first...

Modified by 1316130057 at 11:14 PM 5/15/2004
Old 05-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all I already have a Walbro 255 fuel pump. Thats great that your Mr. Mechanic and you know everything. I mean geese 300whp with 310cc, if you say so you must be right because your the iceman when it comes to cars. I think you have more experience pulling your pecker than building "tuning and building cars". Ive bet you have installed some real "phat" air intakes yo. Although we upped the pressure, its not smart to go too high because your putting stress on the lines. If we were to tune to 300 whp with my walbro 255, 310cc, and fpr the injectors would lean out in a heart beat and I would probably detonate. SO Mr. Mechanic go back to putting intakes in cars....I mean "Tuning and Building Cars" because you might as well be Mr. Honda.. By the way you signature is tough as nails
Old 05-15-2004, 06:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicGSR225 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all I already have a Walbro 255 fuel pump. Thats great that your Mr. Mechanic and you know everything. I mean geese 300whp with 310cc, if you say so you must be right because your the iceman when it comes to cars. I think you have more experience pulling your pecker than building "tuning and building cars". Ive bet you have installed some real "phat" air intakes yo. Although we upped the pressure, its not smart to go too high because your putting stress on the lines. If we were to tune to 300 whp with my walbro 255, 310cc, and fpr the injectors would lean out in a heart beat and I would probably detonate. SO Mr. Mechanic go back to putting intakes in cars....I mean "Tuning and Building Cars" because you might as well be Mr. Honda.. By the way you signature is tough as nails </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is funny. If by "phat intakes" you mean superchargers and turbos, then you're right. Now onto the bitchslap...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Although we upped the pressure, its not smart to go too high because your putting stress on the lines.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very good observation. Too bad you're not within 150psi of breaking a STEEL line. Jackass.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If we were to tune to 300 whp with my walbro 255, 310cc, and fpr the injectors would lean out in a heart beat and I would probably detonate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your injectors would lean out...Right. No wonder you pay someone else to "tune" your car. I'll humor you..lets say you set your FPR to as high as 70psi and utilized the 255lph pump... do you really think that you won't be able to dump enough fuel to offset that puny turbo's low CFM?! I dunno if you noticed..but you're at 10psi on a turbo who's compressor wheel is as small as your sister's ****. That peashooter isn't even putting out 250cfm at 10psi. 310cc injectors are more than capable of supporting a measly 250cfm.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SO Mr. Mechanic go back to putting intakes in cars....I mean "Tuning and Building Cars" because you might as well be Mr. Honda.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Right. I'll get right on that. lol, you really are a clown. I've owned more turbo cars than you've owned zits and I can't remember the last time one of them ran slower than 12's, while you're still struggling with 300hp, lol. When you double your current hp and still on 4 cyls, then I'll listen to what YOU have to say. Till then..shhhh....

BTW, my sig adresses clowns such as your self that swear they know what they're talking about, but simply have absolutely no clue. P.S., you still didn't (and can't) answer this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do your self a favor, ask your "tuner" (&lt;----still trying not to laugh) the following question "Why is it that no more fuel was added when you upped the fuel pressure?" and after he stutters and mumbles, I'll tell you why no more fuel was added. Let's see if either you or him can figure it out for your self first...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-15-2004, 06:28 PM
TurboJesse

so your saying maxed out injectors and sky high FP is the right way for 300whp?

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers for a GSR Hatch Tdo5h-18!!!