Notices

dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan?

i have my dumbtube setup so that it points to the floor, but after lookin at it, i see its a lil short so it actually can hit my OIL pan if in theory car is moving and it shoots out and then it can hit my oil pan because of wind / friction of air?? iono might sound dumb but IF my dumbtube was shooting the air at my oil pan.. would it cause any problems?

here is a pic.. the dumbtube is just straight tube going in that angle (made from a revhard elbow welded some pipe at muffler shop.. nothing bends or anything..

Old 09-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Jesse.)

i'm willing to bet your intake is sucking those gases in.. at least route under & behind the engine bay.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Running925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm willing to bet your intake is sucking those gases in.. at least route under & behind the engine bay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is what I would be more worried about, not the oil pan
Old 09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Speed Infliction)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm willing to bet your intake is sucking those gases in.. at least route under & behind the engine bay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but how can my intake be suckin it in. my intake is facing the passenger side while the dumbtube is hitting the floor / oil pan / bottom of my block area..
Old 09-26-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Jesse.)

im also wondering about this. I just converted to external dump and it exits right below the tranny, on th eopposite side of the compressor. wondering if i shoudl put another 90 and just route it beside the downpipe underneath the car. worth the trouble?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (CRXdan)

Naw, My dump tube is near the tranny.. Im not having any problem.. To Jessie, Is that a Delta Wastegate?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Dc4turbo408)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dc4turbo408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Naw, My dump tube is near the tranny.. Im not having any problem.. To Jessie, Is that a Delta Wastegate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah delta II or whatever. but so is it sucking air from my turbo from the dumb tube? iono i guess ill go get a filter and piping put so i relocate it to near my charge pipe and radiator area.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if ur so worryed get the flexible piping from autozone(5 bucks)
to move it further past the oil pan
mine exits right after the oil pan a bit next to the dp
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (importdude2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importdude2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if ur so worryed get the flexible piping from autozone(5 bucks)
to move it further past the oil pan
mine exits right after the oil pan a bit next to the dp</TD></TR></TABLE>

ic. and that can withstand the heat of the exhaust temps and stuff. ko0 thanks 4 da info and help to0 imma use it.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Jesse.)

my entire dumptube is flex exhaust from vatozone.

My dumptube had to make so many tiny bends it was just easier this way.

The only shitty thing about it is that the flex stuff is very thin walled metal so it rattles loudly.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my entire dumptube is flex exhaust from vatozone.

My dumptube had to make so many tiny bends it was just easier this way.

The only shitty thing about it is that the flex stuff is very thin walled metal so it rattles loudly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ic kool good advise
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (Running925)

Or out of your front bumper

Old 09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumptube = ends near oil pan.. can this be bad since it can shoot at oil pan? (boostincoupe)

i saw the fleixble pipe, what do u use to bend it? your hand right? i didnt buy it i just looked at it. also what do u use to connect it, just like u would with intake and stuff, the rubber piece and 2 clamps.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it can be bend slightly thats why u see all the grooves it has every few 1/4 inch

it should come with a u bolt and 2 nuts
just slip over the dump and tighten the bolts

no rattles here
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (importdude2000)

I guess "rattles" was a bad word for it.

If you've ever had a real dumptube out of tube like your exhaust, versus a flex section from vatozone and you know what I mean.

The vatozone stuff makes your dump LOUD, like a hollow type sound.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess "rattles" was a bad word for it.

If you've ever had a real dumptube out of tube like your exhaust, versus a flex section from vatozone and you know what I mean.

The vatozone stuff makes your dump LOUD, like a hollow type sound.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my dump tube is about 1foot - 1 1/2 foot long.. isnt that long enough so it doesnt suck fumes to my turbo?? iono if i really do need to extend it though... do i?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess "rattles" was a bad word for it.

The vatozone stuff makes your dump LOUD, like a hollow type sound.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It sure does make it loud... Here is mine. I didn't want to smell it inside the car so I had it routed to the shifter.

Mine is nice and solid with saddle clamps welded in. I have been told mine is the "John Holmes" of dumtubes.

Clamps

Finishing touch so the flex piping wouldn't break apart.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

w0w.. i wanna do something like that then.. clean and solid and does its job.. but makes it loud, as in when u let off the gas u can hear the fumes escaping through dumbtube loud? sound that u like or dont like?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jesse.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesse. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">w0w.. i wanna do something like that then.. clean and solid and does its job.. but makes it loud, as in when u let off the gas u can hear the fumes escaping through dumbtube loud? sound that u like or dont like?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, when the wastegate opens. It is hard to describe but it makes it a rattling sound like Mike said. It just intensifys the sounds. i don't hate it but it isn't my favorite. I like scary people next to me when it opens.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, when the wastegate opens. It is hard to describe but it makes it a rattling sound like Mike said. It just intensifys the sounds. i don't hate it but it isn't my favorite. I like scary people next to me when it opens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ic. i dont really think i need this stuff if my dumbtube is long enough to where when it shoots out, pressure should be pushing it towards the ground or something.. cause its about 7-8 inches from the ground .. i am still worried though in my original post that if i were to be moving and the fumes does hit my oil pan.. does that just make my oil a higher temp and thats it?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It sure does make it loud... Here is mine. I didn't want to smell it inside the car so I had it routed to the shifter.

Mine is nice and solid with saddle clamps welded in. I have been told mine is the "John Holmes" of dumtubes.

Clamps

Finishing touch so the flex piping wouldn't break apart.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a clean set up