Notices

Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for??

Ok, I had a couple of drinks last night and I was talking with a friend. We were talking about BOV's and blah blah blah. Came up with uses for the air that gots expelled during a shift. This was my cockeyed idea.
Run a tube from the BOV going out to the side of the car in front of the front wheel on the passenger side. Make the tube thinner as it goes along to speed up velocity.
Now from the inside of the engine bay get a gravity feed paint ball feeder that will drop a paintball in the BOV exhaust tract. Every time you shift, it'll shoot a paintball off to the right of you.
I know this is completely retarded, but can be usefull when some riceboy or a pesky mustang is next to you revving. Or going past a bus-stop and looking at all the lowlife fools waiting for the bus. I think it would be funny as ****. Could even just rev the motor on and off and get a semi-automatic effect.

I dont even think it will work, I have no idea how much a pressure normal paintball guns shoots our the *****. What do you think, any idea on what else it could be used for.

Im an idiot I know
Old 02-26-2002, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (93LSivic)

Ok, I had a couple of drinks last night
Old 02-26-2002, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (93LSivic)

Im an idiot I know
admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (dustin)

Dont some race applications actually blow it back in to keep the turbines spooling. I heard a Supra in the SVWC kinda backfiring, and he said it was on purpose... to keep the turbo spooled...
Old 02-26-2002, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (Giuseppe)

Well the idea is original, but it won't work. I had my Autococker running at ~325 psi, which is considered low for a paintball gun.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (Inlinefour)

yeah really.. every1 watch out for those dangerous 7 psi paintballs
Old 02-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, Im a compete moron. Just sitting here laughing to myself about the conversation we were having.
Also in the conversation was using model rockets shooting out of the grill at cars in front of you. The James Bond 007 rocket option that was never available at the dealership at time of purchase.

I will delete this thread soon..........if it doesnt get locked sooner!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:06 PM

Or going past a bus-stop and looking at all the lowlife fools waiting for the bus.
Im an idiot I know
Ya, people who choose to conserve gas and use the mass transport system are lowlife fools.
Some people should not drink

[Modified by 1, 11:07 PM 2/26/2002]
Old 02-26-2002, 10:31 PM
New User

Default Re: Dump thread......What to use the wasted air from you BOV for?? (Chris)

Dont some race applications actually blow it back in to keep the turbines spooling. I heard a Supra in the SVWC kinda backfiring, and he said it was on purpose... to keep the turbo spooled...
Eh? I think you may have something mixed up here. Are you talking about rerouting the BOV to the intake side of the turbo like in a bypass valve setup? That wouldn't cause misfiring though. Or are you talking about the anti-lag "bang bang" system? Thought that doesn't have anything to do with a BOV...