Notices

This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup?

Is it possible to drive for a short trip if I were to remove the stock manifold, downpipe and install a log manifold uncapped wg flange, downpipe, and turbocharger?

How long/hard would the swap take?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup? (Azxster)

This has been covered before, you can run the entire turbo setup installed just don't go into boost!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup? (Azxster)

not sure if i understood right, but if you dont run a downpipe, you'll end up melting **** under the hood. not worth the 70 dollar tow.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup? (street dream gs

Rephrased:

I want to run the turbo, log manifold with an open WG flange, and downpipe (incomplete setup) instead of the stock manifold/downpipe. Would this be alright for a short trip? If so, how labour intensive/long will it be to swap it in a parking lot?

I guess not right? Because I will not have oil lines to lubricate/cool it. I do not want the turbo to be functional at all during this trip.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is a dumb question but, is it possible to drive an incomplete turbo setup? (street dream gs

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Azxster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ... with an open WG flange .... I will not have oil lines to lubricate/cool it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah don't drive it like this...even a short distance.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 AM

Do they not have low loading tow trucks around your way?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM

Ah forget it... I wanted to import through the border. I will just make several trips to the US; gives an excuse to take gf out for shopping.

Unless someone have some really good excuses or good plans for *cough* importing car parts.