Notices

Dual Pass Intercooler, silicon couplers and T-Clamps

Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Pass Intercooler, silicon couplers and T-Clamps

Ok here's the situation. I have the precision 600hp intercooler. The dimensions are as follows. 31.5lx8hx3.5d. I also have a Sidewinder V2 from LoveFab. Now because of the positioning of the trubo and the down pipe it'll tricky to run the traditional piping to the intercooler in one side out the other. I've been thinking about converting my intercooler to a dual pass setup and was wondering what you guys think about this. Has anyone done this with this intercooler or one with similar dimensions successfully?

Also anyone know where I can get a good price on silicon couplers and t clamps?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dual Pass Intercooler, silicon couplers and T-Clamps (Lucky_Smurf)

Is that a bar/plate or otherwise? Find out how many cores you would have if you split the number of cores in half, get the dimensions of the cores and I can calculate the "hydraulic diameter" of the section, which equates to the equivelant round tube that would flow the same as the intercooler sections.

If it turns out that the hydraulic diameter of the half core is equal to or greater than the inlet/outlet diameter, then you can make a double pass intercooler without causing an additional resistance. If it is less, then it is a restriction and effectively reduces the diameter of your charge pipes. (Byt this, I mean it is a restriction other than the usual restriction caused by the intercooler)

I use 2" intercooler pipes, and found that it would take a mimimum of 4 3.5" wide bar/plate cores to exceed that hydraulic diameter, and thus I would need 8 cores for a double pass. Since I only had 6.5" of height to fit the intercooler, which is 7 cores, I concluded that I would have to make it a single-pass intercooler.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dual Pass Intercooler, silicon couplers and T-Clamps (beepy)

PM with info sent. Thanks.