Notices

Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit?

Hey guys,

I have a d16z6 with a greddy 15g at 5.5lbs (kit). I want to put in bigger injectors so that I can raise the boost up to about 8 or 9 lbs. I already have arp headstuds to prevent headlifting. I have no idea exactly which DSM injectors I should get, or if I should get DSM injectors at all. Am I going to have to remove the head to have the injector seats refinished?

Thank you!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit? (Aphelion)

Injectors can be an entirely external project, just need to bore out the rubber seals a bit. Dremel works or you can lube them up and try to stuff them in.... bore'ing them out is best idea though. To run the DSM injectors... you'll also need to add a resistor box, you can find writeups on installing them if you search around, it requires some wiring.

I'd suggest blue/black top injectors, 450s. They allow you to up the boost later on if you decide, because they'll provide enough fuel.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 AM

And what fuel management are you running?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit? (tgreaves)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tgreaves &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And what fuel management are you running?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, I knew I forgot to ask something
Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lol, I knew I forgot to ask something </TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny how the little things seem to slip through the cracks..

And to the poster.. If your going to say something like "uhh, an fmu", please, just say "no comment" and that will go a long way..
Old 01-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tgreaves &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Funny how the little things seem to slip through the cracks..

And to the poster.. If your going to say something like "uhh, an fmu", please, just say "no comment" and that will go a long way..</TD></TR></TABLE>

My personal vote is he'll say "e-manage"
Old 01-20-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My personal vote is he'll say "e-manage" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im leaning more twords the "whats that" response.. or maybe "the hack yo!"..
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aphelion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys,

I have a d16z6 with a greddy 15g at 5.5lbs (kit). I want to put in bigger injectors so that I can raise the boost up to about 8 or 9 lbs. I already have arp headstuds to prevent headlifting. I have no idea exactly which DSM injectors I should get, or if I should get DSM injectors at all. Am I going to have to remove the head to have the injector seats refinished?

Thank you!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only getting bigger injectors won't let you run more boost. You will need better fuel management (chipped ECU with crome, uberdata, neptune) along with the injectors. Also ARP's do not prevent the head from lifting, good tuning and conservative timing prevents that. I wouls look into DSM 450cc injectors like these guys said. Don't pay more than $50 for them though, anyhting more than that is a rip off.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Which DSM injectors to get with my Greddy kit? (beerbongskickass)

yay, thanks for replying beerbong! I really want to emulate your setup, but I don't have the money/experience to setup uberdata. I heard that I could take it up to about 10 psi while still running e-manage (with a good tune, of course!). Any idea how high I could take it on these injectors without throwing in a walbro, or should I even try?

tgreaves - yes, I'm running e-manage. I assumed that you would have picked that up, as I wrote "kit" in parentheses.... but I guess that could mean that I was running either the infamous blue box or e-manage. anyway, my bad, I forgot to explicitly detail my fuel management setup in the original post. no need to be a queer about it
Old 01-20-2006, 10:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aphelion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yay, thanks for replying beerbong! I really want to emulate your setup, but I don't have the money/experience to setup uberdata. I heard that I could take it up to about 10 psi while still running e-manage (with a good tune, of course!). Any idea how high I could take it on these injectors without throwing in a walbro, or should I even try?

tgreaves - yes, I'm running e-manage. I assumed that you would have picked that up, as I wrote "kit" in parentheses.... but I guess that could mean that I was running either the infamous blue box or e-manage. anyway, my bad, I forgot to explicitly detail my fuel management setup in the original post. no need to be a queer about it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well kit would be the bluebox.. But if your building your own "kit" then that opens it up.. My personal "kit" is running an AEM EMS..
Old 01-20-2006, 10:53 AM

meh, this is a stupid thing to argue about, but I think the kits used to come with bluebox, but for the last year or more have come with e-manage. anyway, the point is that I'm not the airheaded ht member that your responses were meant for. if you have any advice related to my questions, I'd love to hear!

thanks guys!