Drain back oil catch can setup with stock GSR IM

Old 04-28-2019, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Drain back oil catch can setup with stock GSR IM

Hello,

I'm using The Shodan's formula for building a drain back oil catch can setup on my b18c1 turbo. My question is, there are two lines in the back of the intake manifold that connect to the OEM PCV black box. I'm assuming one of those lines is now going to connect to the valve cover vent with the check valve, is that correct? If so, which line goes to the valve cover vent, and what happens to the other line? Plug it?

Attached is the pic of the two connections on the top of the OEM black box for the GSR IM.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drain back oil catch can setup with stock GSR IM

Bump.

I'm thinking the connection on the left, on the back of the block, is a small vent that can now be plugged since I will be venting through the 10 AN freeze plugs on the back of the block. And I'm thinking the connection on the right, on the intake manifold, is a vacuum source that I can connect directly to the valve cover vent, with the volvo brake booster check valve inline, like so: valve cover vent --- check valve --- intake manifold.

Can anybody confirm? Thanks.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drain back oil catch can setup with stock GSR IM

Originally Posted by 0ptimus prime View Post
Bump.

I'm thinking the connection on the left, on the back of the block, is a small vent that can now be plugged since I will be venting through the 10 AN freeze plugs on the back of the block. And I'm thinking the connection on the right, on the intake manifold, is a vacuum source that I can connect directly to the valve cover vent, with the volvo brake booster check valve inline, like so: valve cover vent --- check valve --- intake manifold.

Can anybody confirm? Thanks.
In case anyone is interested, the answer is here in posts 5 and 7: https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-r...issue-3312663/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: