Notices

drag stage 3 integra kit on civic??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag stage 3 integra kit on civic??

Hey all, Im new to forced induction, I have yet to experience it on my car, but Im looking to put a kit on soon. I found someone selling a Drag Stage 3 kit off his 98 gsr, and I was wondering if it would be ok to put it on my 94 si(d16z6). Obviously I would need a d-series manifold which I already have someone to make it for me. But would it cause any problems or besides the manifold would everything be the same?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the charge pipe that connects to the TB is going to be in a different postition.....that's about it besides the manifold
Old 01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you...are u sure the charge pipe will be different? I guess that would make sense tho. Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone?? Someone just told me it would fit, that they put the charge pipe from a b series to a d series.....anyone??
Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SurfKid3)

downpipe probably isnt going to fit, charge piping probably isnt going to fit either.

pretty much anytime you change your manifold, the downpipe and charge piping will be effected (maybe oil lines too), especailly going from b-series to d-series. thats why you should always get a mani/dp/dump combo make for your car/engine.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well im having the manifold custom made so I could probably have it made to fit the other dp. So the main problem Im looking at is the charge pipe. Can anyone give me a definite answer?? Thanks to everyone so far
Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SurfKid3)

i really doubt it will fit. the motors are completly different. i have a gsr in my hatch and i had to hack up the piping from an integra gsr revhard kit to make it fit nicely. so even swapping charge pipes from identical engines wasnt a perfect fit.

and i think you should really consider getting a manifold/dp combo fabbed up because its kind of hard to custom make a manifold to fit a downpipe. making a custom downpipe is a different story.

believe me its a pita to buy a bunch of parts and then find out that one thing doesnt fit or that you have to do a bunch of custom stuff to make it work right. that kind of ruins the idea of a kit.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i really doubt it will fit. the motors are completly different. i have a gsr in my hatch and i had to hack up the piping from an integra gsr revhard kit to make it fit nicely. so even swapping charge pipes from identical engines wasnt a perfect fit.

and i think you should really consider getting a manifold/dp combo fabbed up because its kind of hard to custom make a manifold to fit a downpipe. making a custom downpipe is a different story.

believe me its a pita to buy a bunch of parts and then find out that one thing doesnt fit or that you have to do a bunch of custom stuff to make it work right. that kind of ruins the idea of a kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same problem. I had to hack my piping up that was made for an identical car...the charge pipes also depend on the intercooler size. There's a lot of factors here to consider, if the downpipe has a flexible bend to it, you might be able to make it fit, if the intercooler works well with the pipes and your new manifold for your car, etc. I honestly think it's a better idea to just piece everything together and do it right the first time then to mess up and start all over. But if that's not an option, you can try to see if the pipes fit, then modify accordingly...
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 PM

Default Re: (rsintegra)

nothing that cant be fixed with a hack saw and an extra silicon coupler.