Notices

Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing?????

Ok i know this topic has been asked time after time but i got some cash flow and im looking to boost my 98 gsr. I here many good things and some bad things about all of this kits. First off supercharger or turbocharge? I know this is perference but what do you guys perfer? Im heading more towards a turbo. But the question is which kit? I like the Greddy because it comes with injectors and computer, but im hearing that the best turbo kit is the drag. Also if i get the drag or rev hard do i have to get hondata or some other computer program? Im using my car for daily driving so im looking to attain a mid 13's qt time. Let me hear some opinions about the differences, thanks!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:35 PM

Location: We Cant Stop Here This Is Bat Country, So CaL, USDM
Default Re: Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing????? (Joeballz85)

Greddy.....if this is your first turbo experience especially. check out city-speed.com they are the cheapest non-buddy price
Old 06-15-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing????? (2000psi)

This is my first turbo kit. greddy thats what i figured i mean it does seem like the most user friendly kit but honestly how fast will my gsr be with that kit plus a few other mods exhaust etc. why should i not go with the others for my first kit?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing????? (Joeballz85)

drag and revhard would be ok choices too....but get JRSC out of your mind. I was just saying that Greddy kit could be installed in one day even by a first timer and it would be super reliable as long as it's installed correctly, Greddy has the best fuel management out of the box than any other kit.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:25 AM

That Greddy kit might not get you in the mid thirteens like you want. I'd get the Revhard or drag kit and get another fuel managment system for sure. Get hondata/uberdata/etc. Search these things yourself. Just look around in the forums.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing????? (adseguy)

The 18g can get you in the mid 13's, it all depends on the weight of the vehicle and driver skill, I don't know why people think the Greddy kit is no good, the 18g is no slouch.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000psi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 18g can get you in the mid 13's, it all depends on the weight of the vehicle and driver skill, I don't know why people think the Greddy kit is no good, the 18g is no slouch. </TD></TR></TABLE>

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT !!!! i have the 18G turbo kit from greddy on a fully built GSR . and it makes a good amount of power at only 6.5 PSI .... i guarantee it is atleast a low thirteen in my 96 hb. and im low compression so if he sticks with stock compression which is higher... it will be even better..... 18G

Bigger downpipe will be needed however... anylocal muffler shop who does bends will able to make you one.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Drag, Rev Hard, Greddy, Or Jackson Racing????? (EK_GSR)

The 18G is a great street turbo actually. What limiting is the greddy fuel managment and if you stay with just the kit you won't be pushin as much HP as the Revhard or drag or even better you piece your own kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im low compression so if he sticks with stock compression which is higher... it will be even better..... 18G </TD></TR></TABLE>

compression doesn't effect horsepower as much as you think. It been dyno proven...VTEC gains are a lot better though.

In any case keep reading up and you'll soon find that it's fairly easy and cheaper and you get more power if you piece together you're own kit.