Notices

drag gen 3 turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag gen 3 turbo kit

is this a good kit for me. i have a 99ls integra. i wont be boosting more than 10psi if that. also i dont want more than 250whp. just something to bust some *** around town and at the strip. also is this a good price for all of this stuff?

Buy any Gen 3 or Gen 4 turbo kit within the month of September and automatically receive all the following upgrades for FREE with your purchase:
ClutchNet Stage 2 Clutch, Tial 38mm Wastegate Upgrade, DRAG 90 Degree Elbow, Missing Link, Greddy Turbo Timer, Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge, NGK 7 Series Spark Plugs. Not valid with any other specials or promotions.
One week to ship.
List price: $3995.00
Your price: from $3199.95
Old 09-07-2003, 06:28 PM
ek9vboi

sounds good, ya get a "free" clutch. its a bitsh to put in tho
Old 09-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek9vboi)

would i need to upgrade my fuel management or anything else on my car.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:05 PM
ek9vboi

nope! it comes with everything, complete. if your not boosting a lot as in over 8 pounds, you dont ned it. the kit gives u fmu and inline fuel pump. if u want to upgrade it, get either the cheaper way....vafc and injectors or honda or aem ems, and etc.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beaterman)

You will find a grip load of info about this subject if you use the search feature.

That price is decent I'd say, because of the free clutch and all of the other free stuff. For 10 psi, I don't believe the 12:1 fmu and the inline fuel pump would supply a high enough fuel psi to be safe. I don't like the inline/fmu setup, but you can make it work. I would sell both of those, and some of the extra free stuff you get, and then get a walbro 255 intank fuel pump, bigger injectors, and a hondata/aem ems.

It will cost a bit more, but you will be much better off down the road.

GL.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedsol)

do you guys think there is a cheaper kit out there that will give me about the same hp.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: drag gen 3 turbo kit (beaterman)

best kit for the power/money
I would probably ditch the FMU and do it properly.. get the AEM EMS, injectors, with AEM wideband O2 for reliability, and maybe a block guard
you should be able to easily squeeze another 100 extra ponies out of the LS motor with that kit
Old 09-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: drag gen 3 turbo kit (tunedbylorange.com)

about how much am i lookin at here then. and are you saying another extra 100hp on top of what the turbo is goin to do? i dont want a beast of a motor right now. just something reliable but yet quicker than i am now.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:15 AM
ek9vboi

this is what i can tell you from experience, do it right the 1st time and dont waste your hard earned money like me and others.

1. GET A REAL TRBO KIT, such as the rev hard or drag kit
2. Junk the retarded oil return lines they give you and get the REAL kit from flamco-t (something like that, forgot his name)
3. drop the fuel management they giev you and get the AEM EMS, it controls everything (hella lot better then hondata if you got money)
4. bigger injectors
5. HOOK it up and thats easily 100 extra power with the right tuning.

Cost----> turbo + injectors+ oil return lines+ AEM EMS= GRAND TOTAL OF 5K plus install and tuning if you dunno how to!

i tell ya, turbo is expensive
Old 09-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah thats about what i thought it would be. i am going to have a friend install it. he has done many motor swaps and turbo eclipses. plus i can probably sell some of the stuff i dont need and get a few bucks out of it.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what would be a good intake mani for a turboed car. also what is a good throttle body size for my car with a turbo.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: drag gen 3 turbo kit (beaterman)

I might have missed it because I am tired but where is this deal at?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beaterman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Buy any Gen 3 or Gen 4 turbo kit within the month of September and automatically receive all the following upgrades for FREE with your purchase:
ClutchNet Stage 2 Clutch, Tial 38mm Wastegate Upgrade, DRAG 90 Degree Elbow, Missing Link, Greddy Turbo Timer, Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge, NGK 7 Series Spark Plugs. Not valid with any other specials or promotions.
One week to ship.
List price: $3995.00
Your price: from $3199.95
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: drag gen 3 turbo kit (b3435)

importparts.com
Old 09-08-2003, 06:46 PM
ek9vboi

good news! u will save money! i heard the victor x mani is good, that or skunk2 without a doubt! if u want to save money...take your stock tb and get it bored out...see how much it might cost compared to getting a new shiny one from spoon, str, etc. have fun...its gunna be mad expensive!!!