Notices

Do's & Dont's Of Runin Hondata

Old 08-23-2001, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do's & Dont's Of Runin Hondata

Sup wonderin what are the do's and dont's of runin Hondata??? Planin to go normal boost then down the road Hondata. How much boost can Drag and F-Max handle with stock internals on a 01 GSR how mnay psi??? What would I need and not need goin with Drag III or F-Max either one. Where can I get P72 ECU from 94 & 95 GSR??? Thanks and how much is it??? How much can RC 440cc injectors be able to handle and what kinda clutch and flywheel should I go with??? This is all daily street driven. Is it wise to go with a lighter flywheel??? How many lbs and what recommended?? Would my stock clutch be able to handle 6-8psi daily??? Or i would need to change the clutch and flywheel? How about Redline oil should i run it on my first time oil changing?? Stick with synthetic or not??? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:49 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Do's & Dont's Of Runin Hondata (IgniteTeg)

Let me make it simple for you. Just get a turbo kit minus the fuel componets like FMU, check valves or missing link. Then get a Hondata for total controll. You dont really need a Lighther fly wheel and all that, but I guess it would be nice to have.
I plan on running 10psi on stock block but Im sure I could run more, but my goal is 300whp and Im almost there. At 300whp there is just about nothing on the road that can beat you. Untill I lose a race, then I'll up the boost and tune it. But untill then Im happy at around 300whp.

art
Old 08-24-2001, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do's & Dont's Of Runin Hondata (Arturbo)

cool thanks Art you think our STOCK gsr internals can handle 10 psi???? How much can it really handle being safe all stock. This is a daily driven car. Are you serious 300whp can take out lots of streets races??? How bout domestic hehe. Thanks for your help or anyone. What are your setups so far Art thanks.

[Modified by IgniteTeg, 1:16 AM 8/24/2001]
Old 08-24-2001, 12:42 AM
Better than steak

I can take out the C5 corvette when I was 266whp. I just raced a SC Mustang LX 5.0 and beat pretty bad but the Z06 Vette gives me a little trouble.
I know the stock blocks can handle 10psi of boost with STAND ALONE!! But the question " how many psi.......?" is a hard question to ask because everyone has something different, either it be FMU, MF2, or stand alone (DFI, Haltech, Hondata, speed pro, and Motec).
The fact of the matter is that back in the old days of turbo hondas the only thing we had ws the FMU and the FMU is old 70's turbo technology. So we used the FMU with stock injectors and blow the motor if you were not carefull. But this is the new generation and we have stand alone that plugs right in like hondata. I have always felt that the ECU was the weak link and not the block itself.

art
Old 08-24-2001, 08:29 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

CArnal,

Even tough you are completely right about the WEAK link was that using old FMU's adn the ECu was the cause of our motors getting blown up like that... but remember... you are running that high compression on an open deck. Aluminum block. It can be done don't get me wrong... but remember that it's NOT as strong as a ture TURBO block that is closed decked!

Just my 2¢ and please learn me somefin if I am not mistaken!
Old 08-25-2001, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh my bad, how much psi of boost can stock internals gsr stock everything handle with the Drag III kit no Stand alone yet. Um with Apexi N1 catback exhaust 2.5" or 3" Thanks.
Old 08-25-2001, 10:31 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock injectors can barely supply fuel past 7psi of boost so that should answer your question..
Old 08-25-2001, 10:37 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 300whp there is just about nothing on the road that can beat you.
art
hey art, nothing but modded supras, RX-7's, porsche 911's, and vipers... hey i still wanna set up a race between u and my friend davids RX-7 but hes being a bitch and wont race till he gets his FMIC and tuning.. Lets chalk one up the teggys.. i think youll kill em!