Notices

Does anyone know if a RB25DET turbo would fit on a D16Y7?

Old 10-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know if a RB25DET turbo would fit on a D16Y7?

Does anyone know if a turbo from a RB25DET fits in a D16Y7? i have the manifold in the picture below. I know that a T3T4 fits, but it has an external wastegate.

I was wondering because the wastegate on the RB25DET is internal, and it may hit the block. If anyone has done this please let me know and post a pic. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a rb25 turbo on my y7. It fit fine, but i was running a custom manifold.

If i were you i would run a t3 super 60 with an internal gate. I love my super 60 so much more than the rb turbo
Old 10-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (onereving7)

You can make it fit, but you may lose your A/C.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can make it fit, but you may lose your A/C. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes..it's a rather large turbo, not to mention it sticks out since it doesn't need the clearance like it would on a Honda.

Probably won't be able to run AC and you MAY have to use the stock honda half radiator instead of a full :-\.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PS: This should be in the forced induction forum.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

thank you guys for your advice, the reason why it was in the civic forum is because the question was about fitment in a civic, and not about the workings of turbo, but thanks for your advice nevertheless

the picture below shows the turbo flange at an angle forward. my manifold is flat at the bottom (horizontal to the ground). i was wondering if it would still fit w/o hitting the block.

anyone with a mani like mine with an RB turbo?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: (gold EF)

you will have to swap the turbo around, so the compressor is on the driver side, and shorten your intercooler piping. The radiator shouldnt matter because the large wastegate assmbly will be facing the firewall, but you will have to lose your a/c and possibly your p/s depending on how you clock the turbo, that is a rather large internal wastgate assembly and is most likely going to require you to work with the turbo to clock it correctly to get it to fit right. Just remeber you want the oil feed and return light as parallel as physically possible to the ground.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gold EF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you guys for your advice, the reason why it was in the civic forum is because the question was about fitment in a civic, and not about the workings of turbo, but thanks for your advice nevertheless

the picture below shows the turbo flange at an angle forward. my manifold is flat at the bottom (horizontal to the ground). i was wondering if it would still fit w/o hitting the block.

anyone with a mani like mine with an RB turbo?

Thanks in advance

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great.

It's still a canidate for the FI section more...it's about a turbo, turbo fitment, turbo tuning, turbo building, all FI, NONE is part of the civic tech...

Just say "whoops" instead of trying to justify the fact that you fucked up.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great.

It's still a canidate for the FI section more...it's about a turbo, turbo fitment, turbo tuning, turbo building, all FI, NONE is part of the civic tech...

Just say "whoops" instead of trying to justify the fact that you fucked up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"whoops" i fucked up. Thank you for moving it to FI

your comment did not answer my question
Old 10-19-2006, 01:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Great.

Just say "whoops" instead of trying to justify the fact that you fucked up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Comments like this make Honda-tech one step under ls1-tech maturity wise. I Hope my reply above answered your question or atleast helped you a little.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JoePSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JoePSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will have to swap the turbo around, so the compressor is on the driver side, and shorten your intercooler piping. The radiator shouldnt matter because the large wastegate assmbly will be facing the firewall, but you will have to lose your a/c and possibly your p/s depending on how you clock the turbo, that is a rather large internal wastgate assembly and is most likely going to require you to work with the turbo to clock it correctly to get it to fit right. Just remeber you want the oil feed and return light as parallel as physically possible to the ground.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you