Notices

does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan

just like topic states i'm wondering does anyone have fitment issues with a moroso oil pan (stock replacment ) and a peakboost turbo kit downpipe hitting the oil pan or being to close to the oil pan. i'm not here trying to bash peakboost but i want to see if other people have had this problem. the car is a 92 civic eg w/ gsr
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan (street dreams)

bump
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan (street dreams)

come on people
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street dreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">come on people</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would like to know as well i just got my peakboost kit and it looks great .im thinking of buying one of the moroso pans.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan (IceySC)

bump
Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have a peak boost kit on jeffs car with 4 inch downpipe, top mount, 42r, and moros pan. its a perfect fit. not too high, not too low
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan (Turbo-charged)

cool thanks man but i want to know about there regular kits that come w/ the 3" downpipe on the regular ram horn
Old 06-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 06-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to the top
Old 06-22-2007, 07:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street dreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just like topic states i'm wondering does anyone have fitment issues with a moroso oil pan (stock replacment ) and a peakboost turbo kit downpipe hitting the oil pan or being to close to the oil pan. i'm not here trying to bash peakboost but i want to see if other people have had this problem. the car is a 92 civic eg w/ gsr</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should not be having a clearance issue. Contact peakboost.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: does anyone have a peakboost turbo kit with an moroso oil pan (mtber)

I have the same setup...

Peakboost Top Mount
B18C1
Moroso Oil Pan
EG Chassis

Fits like a charm.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Take some pictures if you can, that will give everyone a better idea. Where is the turbo located? I have a d16z6 with a moroso oil pan but Im using a cast iron manifold, http://www.d-series.org/forums...67571,
that supose to be a/c and ps compatible. Im building my own 3" down pipe and I don't see it happen, barely any space after I install the a/c.
Take some pictures of the set up that way we can have a better idea also use it as reference in the future.
Good luck with your projects guys!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 PM

well no offense to everyone in here, but if it DOES hit the oil pan, it;s entirely the customer's fault. this should serve as a warning to anyone ordering aftermarket parts - TALK to the company beforehand, let them know what other stuff you have replaced that is in the same area as their kit, and ask them if they have tried it before. You could hear any of the following:

1. "Yeah, we tried that, it works fine."
2. "Never tried it, but it should work"
3. "That won't work."

If they answer No1, and then you later have a problem, it's the company's fault, and their responsibility to fix the problem.

If they answer No. 2, ask about their return policy - will they take the kit back if it doesn't fit with your modified parts? If no, then don't buy it (obviously). If yes, then it's your choice whether or not you wanna be the guinea pig and risk the hassle of having to send it back.

Of course, if you don't ask at all, you're pretty much fucked. I mean, if I'm ordering a set of headers for my Chevy LS6 small block, and I fail to mention that the motor has been swapped into an FD RX-7 using some random aftermarket mount kit, who's fault is it when the **** doesn't fit?

This post is in no way meant as an attack at the original poster - he seems to be doing the smart thing and doing research BEFORE buying the product. It's more a general comment on the number of people on H-T who try to slander a company's reputation after having problems that are entirely their own fault!