Notices

Does any body make a Twin Scrool turbo manifold with A/C application?

Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any body make a Twin Scrool turbo manifold with A/C application?

For a B16 or B18 on a street application that has A/C. Will need a dual waste gate or split tube to a single gate. Does any one makes it? Better response for the turbo and spools consistant.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya i saw one, the manifold sits on top of the valve cover and sticks out the hood.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Oh, you mean a divided housing? Only in T4 frame. This is not the same as a "twin scroll" design.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I was hoping you posted already. Otherwise i was going to tell the OP to watch out for you when saying "Twin Scroll"
Old 12-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ExospeedAMcrx
ya i saw one, the manifold sits on top of the valve cover and sticks out the hood.

lol..
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Oh, you mean a divided housing? Only in T4 frame. This is not the same as a "twin scroll" design.
my bad........ yes divided housing for a Twin Scroll Turbine..
Old 12-05-2008, 02:40 PM

So, it is for a mitsubishi twin scroll exhaust housing?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan
So, it is for a mitsubishi twin scroll exhaust housing?
Yes..... But for honda exhaust menifold application. It's much more streetable design and does not take up space that stick out on top of the valve cover....eheh......quote on quote. It would be more effiecent run this type of turbo vs what had been create in the pass. I just want to know who can make one and can be marketable too.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExospeedAMcrx
Can I use a 5 inch downpipe with that ? And still keep a/c ?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by magic-one
Yes..... But for honda exhaust menifold application. It's much more streetable design and does not take up space that stick out on top of the valve cover....eheh......quote on quote. It would be more effiecent run this type of turbo vs what had been create in the pass. I just want to know who can make one and can be marketable too.

look what has happens to the english language when you give someone a keyboard.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by got wide
look what has happens to the english language when you give someone a keyboard.
Why do you know how to speak Tagalog? eh....
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tagalog? nope just english. eh? but for a little advice on your situation read the sig in TheShodan's post and think about it. it might help you find the answer for your "twin scrOll mAnifold" quote END quote.......
Old 12-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by magic-one
You would have to have one custom made for your Mitsubishi Evolution application. The only other company that utilizes the EXACT same flange design as the mitsubishi is ATP, and even then, that is for their turbocharger turbine housings only in the Garrett GT-R series Internally wastegated for an Evolution downpipe.

What I think you may fail to understand is that Mitsubishi Evolution 4G63s are not exactly the same design as the DSM 4G63 engines. (in Honda world, it would be like comparing a B16 head to a type R head; sure they are both PR3 heads, but with subtle noticiable differences). The Evolution 4G63 after the 6.5 engine for the VII has a few exhaust changes, fluid dynamically speaking. MHI utilized the twin scroll design of their exhaust manifold and turbocharger to match in a way that would almost completely eliminate reversion through not only the turbine housing and manifold, but in the design of the turbocharger itself. the efficiency of the engine's use of the turbocharger is really based upon the fact that the 4G63 engine is one that can effectively utilize backpressure to its advantage (which is why you see very little issue with them running over 30psi of pressure on some applications without issue. Unbeknownsed to a lot of end users and retailers alike, even though the GT-R series of Garrett turbochargers work decently well on the Evolution applications, there is still MUCH room for improvement to compete with the way MHI originally designed the turbocharger. (Reversion seems to be a bit of an issue) Since the 4G63 is so different than our Honda engines in that regard, any benefit that you think you would receive would be negligible at best in utilizing that same unique design of exhaust flange and turbine design. Hondas do not like backpressure compared to the 4G63 and even the EJ20 and EJ25 engines from Fuji (Makers of subaru), so really, again, not much of a benefit.

I don't doubt that people have "run them" on Hondas, but they don't get the benefit they think they get unless the turbo is in its efficiency range, and even then, that is ensuring that enough pressure is run, and there is a large increase in backpressure

You would be suprised at how well the Honda engine needs very little help from that design flanged system from MHI. Now, when it comes to the much LARGER applications in which a DIVIDED housing is simply used, that is a different story. But then again, think about it, those housings are not a "twin scroll".

Unfortunately, I have some fluid dynamic test sample data to show this, I just wish that there was a non-proprietary software program that could be picked up to display the engine demand flow tests.

Last edited by TheShodan; 12-06-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would there be disadvantage to running non divided housing turbo to divided manifold?