Notices

Do you think this head will sell well?B-series VTEC head with improved flow over OEM / bare core und

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think this head will sell well?B-series VTEC head with improved flow over OEM / bare core und

My company is about to release a line of new B-Series Vtec heads. These will be our own unique castings. I am interested in any suggestions or ideas that you all may have.

We will be starting with one head and then we will branch out from there. This being said we want to cover as many applications and people as we can with one product. We want to be able to tell you that our head is better than OEM and cheaper. We need your input so we know what we need to do to make our head better. Please keep in mind that this is going to be from a production standpoint. I know that everyone wants a hand port job, etc... but that will come later.

My thoughts are along these lines: Go with a chamber design like the P72, and use the INT manifold pattern of the PR3. Also use valve guides and valves from the Type-R for better flow.

Thank you!

Mace Ward
Diesel Head
Knoxville, TN 37940
800-873-1843
http://www.dieseldhp.com
Old 10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Do you think this head will sell well?B-series VTEC head with improved flow over OEM / bare core

Does anyone else make an aftermarket b-series head? I think Dart does but they are the only ones. And to answer your question, I have heard that some shops out there are trying to move the whole intake port up so the entry angle is steeper and straight. Its how most of the crotch rockets are, it's supposed to help it flow, a specially in NA applications and high revs. Also, you have to make the head LS/vtec friendly. I'm not sure if it would sell, it would have to be dyno proven and cheap, vtec heads are not V8 heads, they flow very well from the factory.