Notices

Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp?

Old 01-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp?

I plan on putting my teg on turbo i want to do it right so what kinda internals am im looking at to hit 450whp. Does it need block sleeves for this kinda horespower. What are some other things i have to do im a pretty accomplished tech so just basics o by the way i have a93 acura integra with b18a i plan making into ls vetc
thanks for all the info
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (LS_VTEC_Hybrid)

THere have been plenty of peope who have ran that much and more with stock sleeves, it basically comes down to do you feel safe with spending the money on everything else to have your sleeves maybe to fail?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (FOrSfEd)

I wouldn't go more then 300-350hp without sleeves, but that's just me
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (FOrSfEd)

Personally I wouldnt risk it on 450whp, if that is your goal save up for some sleeves

Modified by redturbocivic at 2:36 PM 1/6/2005
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (redturbocivic)

450 on race gas with a safe tune sounds perfectly fine on stock sleeves to me. There's a big aura around that the stock sleeves are weak, but I personally have never seen a Honda sleeve break straight up from too much power. It's ALWAYS been from detonation.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (turboEGsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">450 on race gas with a safe tune sounds perfectly fine on stock sleeves to me. There's a big aura around that the stock sleeves are weak, but I personally have never seen a Honda sleeve break straight up from too much power. It's ALWAYS been from detonation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats true
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">450 on race gas with a safe tune sounds perfectly fine on stock sleeves to me. There's a big aura around that the stock sleeves are weak, but I personally have never seen a Honda sleeve break straight up from too much power. It's ALWAYS been from detonation.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. My stock sleeves on my LS gave up @ a little under 300hp. And yes, my car was professional tuned and detonation was not a factor either. Not all motors are the same even though they were made with the same components from the Honda plant.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is true, but imagine this. Let's say you get everything together, pistons, rods, head, etc. Spend all that time and $ and get it to the dyno. The dyno session goes without a hitch and 450 whp is achieved. That's fine, everything is great, but then one day your driving it and a hickup in the fuel supply or injector fails momentarily, then what? KABOOOOOMM. All that time and $ washed down the drain for what, to save a few hunderd bucks? Not in my eyes. You may think that I am being biased here, but we got into sleeving for a reason. I would never spend that kind of money on my motor and skimp on an easy and readily available item. Just my .02$
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Re: Do you need block sleeves to run 450whp? (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is true, but imagine this. Let's say you get everything together, pistons, rods, head, etc. Spend all that time and $ and get it to the dyno. The dyno session goes without a hitch and 450 whp is achieved. That's fine, everything is great, but then one day your driving it and a hickup in the fuel supply or injector fails momentarily, then what? KABOOOOOMM. All that time and $ washed down the drain for what, to save a few hunderd bucks? Not in my eyes. You may think that I am being biased here, but we got into sleeving for a reason. I would never spend that kind of money on my motor and skimp on an easy and readily available item. Just my .02$</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeap...exactly what he said!!