Notices

Do I need a resistor box for my APexi Power FC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Do I need a resistor box for my APexi Power FC

Hello,

I was wondering if I will need to wire in a Resistor box for my Power FC. In the past I have always ran a Hondata S300 and wired a Resistor box in. I am trying something new with this build and got a Power FC for almost nothing. If you have any experiance that could help it would be great. I have heard it may be best just to put one in but if I dont have to I wont.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:00 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Do I need a resistor box for my APexi Power FC

Resistor box for the injectors you mean? The change between low and high impedence is not based upon the management. They are based upon the injector resistance voltage and type If they are low impedence 2-11ohms, then regardless, you must run one, just like you would Hondata. If they are higher impedence (11ohms+) then you would not. You'll need to make sure you have the supplemental APexi FC equipment in order for this to work.

1) KEEP your original MAP sensor, as you'll still need it for this system

2) You'll need the additional pressure sensor and 5 point wire that goes to the system as well. This is so that it integrates into the Power FC box.

Denso Pressure sensor 3bar - (Part# 499-X001) --Unlike other systems, it works WITH your OEM map sensor past 11psi. I've noticed better drivability out of boost with this setup, as there is less re-calibration needed. Its a different way of doing things compared to some of the other systems, but it works.

(5-point wire = part# 49C-A004-used on the Evolution D-Jetro)

Now, there was one person on here about 2 years ago that was working on a solution that integrated the Power FCs feature better than the FC-Datalogit from New Zealand, but I haven't seen him on here for a while. Ever since the FC Commander Pro Software came out, it was the best solution to attack the issue of only using the commander to tune (which can only be done on an NA application, as for boost it would have taken decades to finish).

I still run Power FC on both my NA and Boosted setups. Its not that popular on this forum. But you can continue with this thread if you'd like. Its a great system, but doesn't have all the drag racing "bells" & whistles" people on H-T like on their management. THe processor for the ECU, however, is MORE than robust to be used on a boosted setup. But for most Honda guys, its considered a bit exotic. The fact that you got it cheap means that you can get the supplemental parts I listed above (they aren't cheap) and still feel as though you got an added value. Keep the faith and use it.

Hope that gets you started in the right direction.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks allot that will help me out allot to get this started. any distributors off hand you can name to get the above parts to get started.

Thanks Again
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM

PM me for a list
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also am running the power fc w/ hand commander on my N/A H22. I am in the process of building a turbo motor and still want to use my power fc. are there any additional pieces i will need to purchase for boosted applications?

Shodan, thanks for the reassurance because you are right...it is not popular, but i love it and it works great!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i am using powerfc for over a decade now...did a 235whp on B20/vtec NA setup with it and 650whp with my B18C boosted. Here is the most popular ecu especially on honda's.

For boost you will just need what TheShodan said..
Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 PM

HEHEHEHHE.... Been almost 10 years myself on both boost and NA. Still wouldn't trade it for anything else