Notices

Do I need an aftermarket pump with FMU and bigger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do I need an aftermarket pump with FMU and bigger injectors?

I have been trying to figure out what to do about a fuel pump for some time now. We all know that the intank or inline pump dilemma has been going on for some time now.
What I am thinking now is. Is it possible to go with larger injectors (310's or 440's via the groupbuy) along with an FMU witht the factory pump. How much boost would this setup be good for? I really dont know what to do. I just bought the FMU (12:1) but I am really confused to buy the inline or intank pump with stock injectors. Reason being, I plan on runnin up to 8 psi on the street.
What should I do, inline or intank pump with FMU for stock injectors at 8 psi --- this isnt possible because I will be way past the duty cycle for stock 240cc injectors.
--So couldnt I run larger injectors like 310's with the FMU (bumped down to 6:1) with the stock pump, or will the stock pump not be able to flow that and take a ****.
Or am I just stuck here? DO I need to buy 310's a high flow pump and use a small ratio FMU?

Damn, this is all so confusing. The thing is, I know all of you will say "Go Standalone". Well, no I dont have the funds for that.
What to do, what to do? I know theres a hell of a lot of people that is confused about how to go about the fuel needs for boost. I hope that I have every base covered that everyone has been thinking about in their head without asking (as far as I know, nobody has asked these questions at once).
Help me