Notices

DIY DSM 450 and reisistor box install TONS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY DSM 450 and reisistor box install TONS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO

Hey guys, yesterday I installed my dsm 450s on my EK and thought I would make a guide on how to do it as I couldn't find a decent one. Could only find diagrams that were hard to understand. I even made a video recap for the reading impaired. (It's at the bottom.) So here we go!

Things you will need.
(Video shows all tools I used.)
4 DSM 450 injectors
4 obd1 injector clips from a DSM the injectors came from, 92-95 civic, or the gm clips from autozone.
1 resistor box
Dremel or injector seal kit from napa.
Solder
Soldering iron
Sponge
10mm socket
Electrical tape
Wire strippers

Make sure you let any fuel pressure escape before working so you don't get gas everywhere.

Now first we must install the injectors.
So what I did was remove the few things that were attached to the fuel rail. Then unbolt the 2 10mm bolts to pull off the fuel rail.

I had to do a little wiggling to get the rail off from there. Then I put a screwdriver in the injector and hammered it out of the rail because I couldn't get it to come out.
And picture of them all out.

Next I pulled out the o rings and replaced them with my new ones I purchased from Napa.
Picture of the difference...

Next you pull out the old o rings and install the new ones, then proceed to insert the DSM 450s into the o rings.

Then wiggle the rail back on top the injectors and bolt em down and you are done with the injector install!

Time for some wiring fun!!

Now you want to cut all the old clips off and install the new clips on top of the injectors.

Now you need to get out your resistor box you've been saving since you pulled it off the crx you crashed into and destroyed.

As you can see I have don't have the green clips coming off the resistor box. If I did all the black wires would be red and the red wire would be yellow/black. So if you have that one you can substitute accordingly or stop being a ***** and cut off the clip.
Now install the resistor box somewhere.... I just zip tied it to the power steering thing because I was feeling lazy.

Now time to bust out the soldering tools! Got the soldering kit for 8 bucks from radio shack, solder was 2 bucks, you don't need the tinner I never use it I just got it anyway and you don't need the braid I got that for my ecu.

Now cut off all of your old plugs giving yourself at least a good inch and a half to work with.

Now you want to solder all the right wires coming from the clip (color depends on what clip you are using, check video if you are confused on which right i am talking about.) to the black wires on the resistor box.
Here are some pics of what I mean.

You will most likely have to use some extra wire to extend the clips to the black wires on the resistor box. Moar pics!

Now you want to take the left wire from the dsm clip and wire it into the solid wires coming from your cars engine harness off of the old clip you just cut off. (yellow, blue, red, brown)
This will leave only the yellow/black wires coming from your engine harness left over.
Pics!

Now you want to take the left over yellow black wires from the old clips/engine harness and solder them all together and then solder that to the red wire on the resistor box.
Pics!

I twisted the 1st and second injector harness yellow blacks together as I did the 3rd and 4th then I took some wired wrapped it around the first and second soldered it then stripped the middle of it, wrapped the 3rd and 4th around it, soldered that and then soldered the end of it to the red wire on the resistor box and you are now done!
Time to electrical tape and clean everything up!!

You now have DSM 450s!
Now turn that boost up and make me proud!

Video Recap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6nh...e_gdata_player
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DIY DSM 450 and reisistor box install TONS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY DSM 450 and reisistor box install TONS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO

No problem. I figured some day someone would come along and find is very useful. I would have came all over my computer if I could have found something like this before I did the install.