Discussion Topic: Tell us about your favorite turbocharger and why - Page 3 - Honda-Tech

Discussion Topic: Tell us about your favorite turbocharger and why

Old 10-29-2015, 02:14 AM   #51
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Discussion Topic: Tell us about your favorite turbocharger and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
Sorry..bumping to bring up a new favorite.

other than the sexy compressor wheel, what other characteristics do you like of this unit.

wasnt it xona who started the anodized billet wheels
ls joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls joker View Post
other than the sexy compressor wheel, what other characteristics do you like of this unit.

wasnt it xona who started the anodized billet wheels
*Note: This has been edited for correct grammar and additional information. Any quote after this edit will be considered incorrect*

No... Xona is just the latest model from Forced Performance for their larger units to start doing this. A much much smaller company about 8 years ago and created them in limited numbers for certain applications in FIA WRC for Mitsubishi. It was an anti-corrosion coating treatment to their titanium compressor wheels that really looked like anodized treatment. It was much duller compared to anodized polished aluminum.

About 2010, a purpose-race-build company called CBRD finally started using anodized wheels for their units to be sold in mass production, mainly their BBK line. They stopped doing it in order to save overall costs for the consumer (and themselves) because although it made them unique, it's quite expensive unless done in bulk quantities. This still holds true now.

Plus, the larger wheels from larger turbos are mainly used in drag racing, in which the compressors are likely more exposed to the open air to give a show-style look, since they mainly only use screens for the inlets.

Perfect example is the T1R development GTR. They offer that as an option for their Xona series that they use from Forced Performance.

This one here is anodized to show its mark as a Prototype for the Mark IV, which will be doing some on circuit testing hopefully next summer. You have to be careful, though, because you can't just anodize any grade aluminum wheel. You want T5 6061 or T6 7075 aluminum. Although they cannot withstand temperatures over 180*C (350*F) Inlet temps, regardless of aluminum grade, But its really not a problem, because if you're getting 180*C inlet temperatures in the compressor, you've already melted an engine. (But this is just the engineer talking).

What I like specifically about this unit is that the compressor wheel is much better matched to the 60mm exhaust wheel than the GTX3076R, which is honestly just too large to do what it was meant to do. That mismatch is the reason why the top end power benefit that the GTX3076R is supposed to make as shown from its compressor map, never made it, and struggled to keep the midrange it promises after 22psi. Although this one has a slightly smaller inducer, it's more effective in maximizing the turbine wheel's use of torque than the original GTX3076R from my experience.

Also, the internal velocity stack is separate from the GT3076R housing itself, and has shown to give assist with the turbulence typically given by wide ported shroud areas. In fact, Supra owners don't like ported shrouds because (as little as it makes a difference), as they don't like the additional heat the re-insertion of inlet air as it drops top end power a couple of ponies. We've found about a 10-15 peak power improvement over the standard. The drawback is that it makes the turbo a little quieter than without it, but I feel that the ends justify the means in the long run.

Last edited by TheShodan; 10-29-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Proper grammatical corrections and additional content
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #53
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
No... Xona is just the latest model from Forced Performance for their larger units to start doing this. A much much smaller company about 8 years ago did then in limited numbers for certain applications in FIA WRC for Mitsubishi. It was an anti-corrosion coating treatment to their titanium compressor wheels that really looked like anodized treatment. It was much duller compared to anodized polished aluminum.

About 2010, a purpose build company called CBRD finally started using anodized wheels for their units to be sold in mass production, mainly their BBK line. They stopped doing it to Dave overall costs for the consumer (and themselves) because although it made them unique, it's quite expensive unless done in bulk qualities. Still holds true now. Plus, the larger wheels from larger turbo are mainly used in drag racing, in which the compressors are likely more exposed for a show look, since they mainly only use screens for the inlets.

What I like specifically about this unit is that the compressor wheel is much better matched to the 60mm exhaust wheel than the GTX30R, which is honestly just too large to do what it was meant to do, that mismatch is the reason why the top end power benefit that the GTX3076R is supposed to make as shown from its compressor map, never made it, and struggled to keep the midrange it promises after 22psi. Although this is smaller, it's more effective in maximizing the turbine wheel's use of torque than the original GTX3076R
Very interesting Shodan, is there a link you can provide to the specs/map for this new unit? Just curious because I absolutely love my Full Race GTx3076 I had on my ProStreet kit for the B20V. Granted I never took it above like ~15psi/475whp range because I was on a stock sleeve B20 block, but in that realm it always made great power and still offered excellent response too. (IMO) Also if you don't mind me asking, what's the price tags on those new billet wheel beauties of yours?
B20VtecVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #54
Who is Mr Robot?

At 15psi you were barely using the turbo

The other benefit to anodizing, well hard coat, is that it does increase the leading edges durability as far as pitting from not running a filter. It's also shown to virtually eliminate wheel erosion when using proper high pressure water injection (read: not your 250psi kit, more like 1000psi).

I'm going to hard coat anodize a few wheels that I'm going to be testing water with. Luckily the machine shop I used to work at gets it done in bulk by a local company so I can just run by, give them a few bucks, tag it with the color and throw it in the parts lot.
wantboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #55
I never narc'd on nobody!

That's actually really cool. I wonder how many people are going to do it just for the color.
NotARaCist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARaCist View Post
That's actually really cool. I wonder how many people are going to do it just for the color.
Depending upon the company you buy from, it can be an add-on option. Typically that's with the $2000+ category.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #57

So, that you know I'm not totally biased towards my creations, I do want to introduce a great inspiration of mine.

The original 1998-2006 FIA WRC TR30R

What's sitting on the compressor inlet is the INLET RESTRICTOR to keep power limited to 300whp as per FIA Rules.

Turbine wheel is the same size and profile as with the current Garrett GT3076R. The difference is the material composition. (Titanium & Magnesium Inconel-treated alloy)

Here's what it looks like without the inlet restrictor.

WRC2000 Class turbo

Since FIA only restricted inlet size depending upon class, they allowed some configuration changes

From my original Garrett book in 2003

Performance maps on the SKoda Octavia in 2005. Notice how these are at EXTREME Pressure ratios of anywhere from 3:1 to 5:1 (30psi-60psi)!!!!

Last edited by TheShodan; 11-03-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #58
Who is Mr Robot?

The TR3030 has always been a favorite of mine. Granted access to units is hard. Every time a friend gets a few I debate going poor for one lol.

My Evo8 16G came off a Rally America EVO so it has a 32mm restrictor as well. I didn't know this at the time but I knew the guy who owned/drove the car and my friends at Dent Sport Garage designed, machined, and installed the restrictor. Small world after all.

What's always interested me about restrictor setups is while they limit horsepower they cause a significant increase in torque. I've seen Group N EVOs with the same turbo/restrictor generate in excess of 600lbft to the wheels! The other side effect of the restrictor is it does cause some lag however that lag does help protect the drivetrain to some degree because trying to put down that much torque that low in the powerband would destroy components.

I still want to test out what sort of torque increase a B series would see with a similar setup. I would need to outfit the restrictor housing with a differential pressure sensor to determine what the pressure ratio/airflow limit would be.

I've also stumbled on spare parts for my Banks Sidewinder so hopefully I can put my plan for this turbo into action soon. Just having one hell of a hard time finding the compressor cover I need. Le sigh
Old 11-04-2015, 01:33 AM   #59

Out of curiosity, why would you use a restrictor on a larger turbo, rather than just using a smaller turbo? It seems counterintuitive to me. If you're limited to 300WHP, use a turbo that maxes out there and get the full turbo through the full powerband. Tossing a 300WHP restrictor on a 560WHP turbo seems like it would shift the powerband way up in the RPM range, hurting the low to mid range power. What am I missing?

So Shodan, what would the price tag be on a Hunter with that blue coating? (kidding, kidding, I already know the coating is out of my price range and need range).
Old 11-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #60
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why would you use a restrictor on a larger turbo, rather than just using a smaller turbo? It seems counterintuitive to me. If you're limited to 300WHP, use a turbo that maxes out there and get the full turbo through the full powerband. Tossing a 300WHP restrictor on a 560WHP turbo seems like it would shift the powerband way up in the RPM range, hurting the low to mid range power. What am I missing?

So Shodan, what would the price tag be on a Hunter with that blue coating? (kidding, kidding, I already know the coating is out of my price range and need range).
I would surmise that the efficiency of the turbo would be higher than with a smaller turbo. Less RPMs for same CFM mean less heat, and you know the rest.

You can get any aluminum wheel anodized...
theYBLEGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #61
Who is Mr Robot?

A restrictor is basically a regulation device. Think about restrictor plates in NASCAR, Formula SAE, etc. With a restrictor in place the opening diameter has a finite air flow capability. They are used so that no matter what kind of engine modifications and tuning you do the engine can't make any more power than what can pass through the restrictor. It basically levels the playing field for a specific class in terms of power

The main reason for running one on a larger turbo is efficiency. While using a smaller turbo could make the same power as the larger turbo with a restrictor in place it does so with higher compressor outlet temps and lower efficiency levels. Now with the larger turbo it can flow the same amount of air as the smaller turbo but with greater efficiency and thus lower compressor outlet temps. The restrictor does have one important drawback other than the power limit. Compressor outlet temps

With a restriction before the compressor wheel the turbo moves less air per revolution of the wheel. This is because there's a pressure drop between the restrictor and compressor wheel (think about the restriction from an air filter). This causes the turbo to have to do more work which means an increase in compressor outlet temps. As you get closer and closer to the choke point of the restrictor this effect becomes even worse due to the pressure drop behind the restrictor increasing. This effect is what helps determine the flow limit of a given restrictor size. A pressure differential sensor/gauge is used to measure pressure in front of the restrictor and behind it. When a significant pressure variation is observed behind the restrictor it means the mass flow limit of the restrictor has been met.

Again though with a restrictor in place an engine will generate considerably more torque than an identical setup without a restrictor. Seeing as how these restrictors are mostly used on Rally applications and power limited classes like the JGTC series you can see how beneficial that torque increase can be.

Garrett even released a turbocharger either this year or last year designed specifically for use in Rally applications requiring a 34mm restrictor, the "GTX Rally" which is basically a GTX2860R with a revised compressor wheel design and size.

It uses a wheel with a 42mm inducer compared to the standard 45.7mm inducer along with some minor aero revisions.

Here's the compressor map. The vertical red line is the flow limit with a 34mm restrictor and as you can see it tries to keep the turbo in its most efficient operating range.

Here's a dyno of an Evo 9 Group N car. They still use the OEM turbo with a 32mm restrictor.

It only makes 271hp @ 3650rpm but makes 461lbft @ 3290rpm at only 1BAR! That is a violent amount of torque in such a lightweight car. It's even scarier when you realize it doesn't have traction issues.

Here's a graph showing the Evo Group N horsepower curve (red and blue lines) against similar models and an S2000. Black line is the OEM power curve.

This graph shows the Group N Evo turbo (green line, red line) torque output compared to the Spec C STi and an S2000. Black line is the OEM Evo torque curve.

Evo Group N vs WRC Evo vs S2000

So as you can see the restrictor does put a cap on power production but it causes power and torque to be delivered much much sooner than a turbo without a restrictor. Imagine that kind of monster torque on the street... I'm almost positive you'd peel chunks of asphalt off the road lol.

Here are a few shots of my Evo 8 34mm restrictor compressor cover.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #62

Quote:
Wantboost pretty much nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYBLEGAL View Post
I would surmise that the efficiency of the turbo would be higher than with a smaller turbo. Less RPMs for same CFM mean less heat, and you know the rest.
You can get any aluminum wheel anodized...
As Wantboost described, not really. As for the anodizing of any aluminum wheel, Yes, but two things you have to remember.

1) They have a low heat threshold depending upon the grade of the aluminum used. Get one of the cheap T5 2618 ones done, it will flake causing FOD damage. Even some 7075 type II series, when anodized 20 micron thick (.0008") per mil-spec, will cause problems.

2) It's not cost effective to do it unless its in bulk. I happened to be anodizing the prototypes at the same time I was doing a few other items. The facility also has to approve the metal before they say ok. Again, not the easiest task. You'll see some companies add anodizing, but its at a significant cost option of up to $100. No one on this forum would ever do that for something they can't see once they put a proper filter on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantboost View Post
A restrictor is basically a regulation device. Think about restrictor plates in NASCAR, Formula SAE, etc. With a restrictor in place the opening diameter has a finite air flow capability. They are used so that no matter what kind of engine modifications and tuning you do the engine can't make any more power than what can pass through the restrictor. It basically levels the playing field for a specific class in terms of power

The main reason for running one on a larger turbo is efficiency. While using a smaller turbo could make the same power as the larger turbo with a restrictor in place it does so with higher compressor outlet temps and lower efficiency levels. Now with the larger turbo it can flow the same amount of air as the smaller turbo but with greater efficiency and thus lower compressor outlet temps. The restrictor does have one important drawback other than the power limit. Compressor outlet temps

With a restriction before the compressor wheel the turbo moves less air per revolution of the wheel. This is because there's a pressure drop between the restrictor and compressor wheel (think about the restriction from an air filter). This causes the turbo to have to do more work which means an increase in compressor outlet temps. As you get closer and closer to the choke point of the restrictor this effect becomes even worse due to the pressure drop behind the restrictor increasing. This effect is what helps determine the flow limit of a given restrictor size. A pressure differential sensor/gauge is used to measure pressure in front of the restrictor and behind it. When a significant pressure variation is observed behind the restrictor it means the mass flow limit of the restrictor has been met.

Again though with a restrictor in place an engine will generate considerably more torque than an identical setup without a restrictor. Seeing as how these restrictors are mostly used on Rally applications and power limited classes like the JGTC series you can see how beneficial that torque increase can be.

Garrett even released a turbocharger either this year or last year designed specifically for use in Rally applications requiring a 34mm restrictor, the "GTX Rally" which is basically a GTX2860R with a revised compressor wheel design and size.
You are now truly a Jedi Knight.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #63
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm, interesting read!
rice a roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #64
Honda-Tech Member

GT30R Hands down.
SI RICKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:08 AM   #65
Who is Mr Robot?

Another thing to note about inlet restrictors

As the turbocharger approaches/reaches the mass flow limit of the restrictor, which is solely based on diameter, there's a large pressure drop between the restrictor inle and the wheel. This basically amounts to the compressor wheel generating a vacuum.

A side effect of this is reduced airflow into the wheel which means the wheel has less air passing through it which means less work the wheel has to do. This results in the shaft speed of the turbocharger increasing for a given airflow/pressure ratio. So the shaft is spinning faster than normal if it had full airflow however in this scenario neither airflow nor pressure increase. If the turbocharger shaft speed and demand for airflow exceed the restrictor flow then typically the pressure will drop but shaft speed will stay elevated.

The main downside to this is elevated compressor outlet temps. This is why you see the cars running restrictors focus so heavily on cooling the charge air as much as possible and as efficiently as possible. They run slightly larger intercoolers than would be needed normally and they implement such measures as spraying water over the cold flow (ambient) side of the intercooler. Sadly in competition vehicles in Group N/Rally America/SCCA Rallycross things like water/methanol injection aren't legal. If they were much of the compressor outlet temp increase could be negated as could a minor amount of the airflow loss.

I'm going to do some testing of my own with my Evo 8 turbo. Mainly the differences in power delivery with and without the restrictor. I also want to test a few methods of water injection to see if compressor outlet temps can be consistently and reliably managed. My SVT Focus has the perfect engine, transmission gearing, and rpm limit/powerband for a restrictor turbo, especially with a restrictor shifting torque delivery down low in the RPM range.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:34 AM   #66
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Another thing to note about inlet restrictors

As the turbocharger approaches/reaches the mass flow limit of the restrictor, which is solely based on diameter, there's a large pressure drop between the restrictor inle and the wheel. This basically amounts to the compressor wheel generating a vacuum.

A side effect of this is reduced airflow into the wheel which means the wheel has less air passing through it which means less work the wheel has to do. This results in the shaft speed of the turbocharger increasing for a given airflow/pressure ratio. So the shaft is spinning faster than normal if it had full airflow however in this scenario neither airflow nor pressure increase. If the turbocharger shaft speed and demand for airflow exceed the restrictor flow then typically the pressure will drop but shaft speed will stay elevated.

The main downside to this is elevated compressor outlet temps. This is why you see the cars running restrictors focus so heavily on cooling the charge air as much as possible and as efficiently as possible. They run slightly larger intercoolers than would be needed normally and they implement such measures as spraying water over the cold flow (ambient) side of the intercooler. Sadly in competition vehicles in Group N/Rally America/SCCA Rallycross things like water/methanol injection aren't legal. If they were much of the compressor outlet temp increase could be negated as could a minor amount of the airflow loss.

I'm going to do some testing of my own with my Evo 8 turbo. Mainly the differences in power delivery with and without the restrictor. I also want to test a few methods of water injection to see if compressor outlet temps can be consistently and reliably managed. My SVT Focus has the perfect engine, transmission gearing, and rpm limit/powerband for a restrictor turbo, especially with a restrictor shifting torque delivery down low in the RPM range.
Definitely let us know when you get a dyno graph of that setup on the SVT, I've always been interested In that as well. My old daily was a Mazda SP23 I bought with a L engine
(focus engine with a different ecu and VVT) and the MTX 5 speed trans. It didn't make nearly the amount of top end as our beloved low displacement Hondas, but boy did that thing have a nice power curve and great mid range for the street. It was also more than adequate on a basic AutoX course. I could certainly see a turbo setup as you are describing feeling absolutely wonderful on an SVT engine/drivetrain setup with power being on tap everywhere down low, good luck with the build!
Old 11-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #67
Who is Mr Robot?

The SVT doesn't have the 2.3 duratec, it's a 2.0 Zetec with lots of bottom end revisions and a totally redesigned Cosworth cylinder head (VVT, crazy huge camshafts, 10.2:1 CR, variable length intake manifold, 4-2-1 long tube header, and a Getrag dual lay shaft close ratio 6spd)

I've still got to get it to Ford to reflash the new PCM to the car since the original failed (MOSFET failure set the PCB on fire fml) but I also have to do some other things before it gets boosted, namely suspension and brake stuff, then I also have to fabricate the turbo manifold for it.

It's remarkably similar to the 4G63 engines. I basically refer to at as a 4G63 on steroids with a VTEC cylinder head lol. The twin scroll Evo turbo plus the restrictor should make it almost hyper responsive with unholy amounts of torque right where the engine needs it. The engine only turns to about 7k. Any higher than that and oil pump gears start to shatter. So until (or even if) I build an engine I won't delve into that. I do plan on some fairly aggressive cams and deleting the VVT although it does help significantly with torque production. It just makes tuning a bit of bitch and the ricer in me wants the dirty idle lol.

Even the stock cams are so aggressive that deleting VVT makes it sound like a cammed V8.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #68
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
The SVT doesn't have the 2.3 duratec, it's a 2.0 Zetec with lots of bottom end revisions and a totally redesigned Cosworth cylinder head (VVT, crazy huge camshafts, 10.2:1 CR, variable length intake manifold, 4-2-1 long tube header, and a Getrag dual lay shaft close ratio 6spd)

I've still got to get it to Ford to reflash the new PCM to the car since the original failed (MOSFET failure set the PCB on fire fml) but I also have to do some other things before it gets boosted, namely suspension and brake stuff, then I also have to fabricate the turbo manifold for it.

It's remarkably similar to the 4G63 engines. I basically refer to at as a 4G63 on steroids with a VTEC cylinder head lol. The twin scroll Evo turbo plus the restrictor should make it almost hyper responsive with unholy amounts of torque right where the engine needs it. The engine only turns to about 7k. Any higher than that and oil pump gears start to shatter. So until (or even if) I build an engine I won't delve into that. I do plan on some fairly aggressive cams and deleting the VVT although it does help significantly with torque production. It just makes tuning a bit of bitch and the ricer in me wants the dirty idle lol.

Even the stock cams are so aggressive that deleting VVT makes it sound like a cammed V8.
Oh wow, I didn't realize so much went into the design of that model. They don't seem all that stout from the factory; or maybe just the EEC system is detuned heavily from the factory. My neighbor and my cousin have both had them, both basically stock and my old Mazda would pull on them by atleast a car or so every time we ran and I was only making ~150HP/TQ to the wheels.
(2005 SP23, Cossworth Rep intake manifold, Injen intake, MSDS header to TruBenz 2.5 mandrel exhaust, Exedy stage 1 clutch and DTronics ecu re flash.)
Old 11-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #69

Back to turbochargers:

Another favorite for a variety of reasons:

The Evolution 6.5 RS Tommi Makkinen Edition (T.M.E.)

Old 11-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #70
Who is Mr Robot?

I have a guy sitting on like 10 of those new. Dirty cheap.

I just want the Titanium Aluminide turbine wheel.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #71
Honda-Tech Member

Great info shared. Anyone have experience with the gtx28 on a b-series?

Last edited by VtecCarHauler; 11-11-2015 at 06:03 PM.
VtecCarHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #72
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Wantboost pretty much nailed it

As Wantboost described, not really. As for the anodizing of any aluminum wheel, Yes, but two things you have to remember.

1) They have a low heat threshold depending upon the grade of the aluminum used. Get one of the cheap T5 2618 ones done, it will flake causing FOD damage. Even some 7075 type II series, when anodized 20 micron thick (.0008") per mil-spec, will cause problems.

2) It's not cost effective to do it unless its in bulk. I happened to be anodizing the prototypes at the same time I was doing a few other items. The facility also has to approve the metal before they say ok. Again, not the easiest task. You'll see some companies add anodizing, but its at a significant cost option of up to $100. No one on this forum would ever do that for something they can't see once they put a proper filter on.

I thought when I was reading around I saw either turbo lab or kts offered anodizing to any color for no extra charge. But on another note... what's up with KTS's website? Even google has indexed it as "pro jerseys"....

KTS Turbo Billet X
ktsturbobilletx.com/
Authentic NBA jerseys. NFL jerseys. Soccer jerseys. All sports jerseys. 100 % authentic, 60% less. Wholesale jerseys with prices that cannot be beat.

And on anoooother note. I saw these...

I cannot wait to get my GT28/GTX30 hybrid finished!! PM for wantboost coming. Can't get the damn chra out of the turbine housing...
theYBLEGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYBLEGAL View Post
I thought when I was reading around I saw either turbo lab or kts offered anodizing to any color for no extra charge. But on another note... what's up with KTS's website? Even google has indexed it as "pro jerseys"....

KTS Turbo Billet X
ktsturbobilletx.com/
Authentic NBA jerseys. NFL jerseys. Soccer jerseys. All sports jerseys. 100 % authentic, 60% less. Wholesale jerseys with prices that cannot be beat.
They were probably hacked at some point, and never bothered changing the info. IIRC, that little snippet is in your index.html's header somewhere.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecCarHauler View Post
Great info shared. Anyone have experience with the gtx28 on a b-series?
All day. From the GTX2971R to the GTX2867R, they work. this is more about your FAVORITE turbo, not just general questions about "how's this one?".

If there's a specific question you're trying to ask, it's best to create a specific thread for it. But try and investigate a bit first before asking, k?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #75

Aw yiss, motha fukin disco potato.