Notices

disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate

I would like to know what the disadvantages are of having the DRAG manifold and the turbonetics WG. I hear of the manifold and the WG to creat a lot of boost creep, but other than that I'm trying to figure out the other disadvantages.... I was thinking about buy a BLOX manifold from prosstreetonline.com and a different WG.... would you recommend to buy something other than the DRAG mani and the WG that the DRAG kit supplies?? appreciate everybodies input
Old 08-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate (delsinner13)

I ran my drag kit for almost 3 years and all I did was upgrade my wastegate to a tial 38mm and never had an issue with boost creep.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate (underpressure02)

really, then what is everybody talkin about... alot of my friends say that the boost creep is horrible and fairly often. They are actually pretty knowledgable, they know more than me about hondas..... hopefully someone else can back up your opinion, then that will stop me from thinking that i have to buy a new manifold and a new WG.. I'll prolly upgrade the WG like you did.... thanks i appreciate your input!!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsinner13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">really, then what is everybody talkin about... alot of my friends say that the boost creep is horrible and fairly often. They are actually pretty knowledgable, they know more than me about hondas..... hopefully someone else can back up your opinion, then that will stop me from thinking that i have to buy a new manifold and a new WG.. I'll prolly upgrade the WG like you did.... thanks i appreciate your input!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your firends are not wrong or right, when it comes to these things one person will have a totally different experience with certain products than another, that's all it boils down to. all you can do is is try it and see how it works for you.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran my drag kit for almost 3 years and all I did was upgrade my wastegate to a tial 38mm and never had an issue with boost creep. </TD></TR></TABLE> what size down pipe were u running
Old 08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some people have issues with it, some people dont.

u have to consider the size of the wastegate, the size of the turbine housing, and the size of the downpipe.

personally i dont like the 1 runner so i made a spacer that goes in between the turbo and wastegate and mounted my wastegate there. lowers the turbo tho like 6 inches.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate (ghostskinner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ghostskinner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> what size down pipe were u running</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsinner13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">really, then what is everybody talkin about... alot of my friends say that the boost creep is horrible and fairly often. They are actually pretty knowledgable, they know more than me about hondas..... hopefully someone else can back up your opinion, then that will stop me from thinking that i have to buy a new manifold and a new WG.. I'll prolly upgrade the WG like you did.... thanks i appreciate your input!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no clue what your friends are talking about. I just know what my car did. I had over 200+ passes on the car and never had an issue with boost creep. I drove the car a few times a week and same thing no issues.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:42 PM

besides the the drag manifold being restrictive (compared to tubular manifolds) the wastegate flange is not centrally located like on most tubular manifolds. this in conjuction with a turbonetics wastegate is a little more prone to boost creep.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran my drag kit for almost 3 years and all I did was upgrade my wastegate to a tial 38mm and never had an issue with boost creep. </TD></TR></TABLE>

as did i. 17 psi.
the issue lies when you add a 3" d.p. the single runner bleed off cannot hold the boost steady off of only 1 exh runner.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Re: disadvantages of the DRAG manifold and wastegate (boostedcivicsir)

I'm running a 2.5" DP and was planning on buying a BLOX cast iron mani... the WG is centrally located, so that should be a little bit better than the DRAG mani