Notices

didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before

Old 01-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before

i have the old school apexi avcd boost controller. when i got my car tuned with st00pid he had all the ***** maxxed out and the speed know 3/4 turned up to the right.

well anyways, when it was on the dyno the hondata read 1.1 bar holding steady.
when i got it on the street it was going to about 18psi on my boost gauge (somewhere around there)

just recently i got on it and in 3rd my tires would spin everywhere at like 4.5k rpms i was like wtf? i did it again and looked at my boost gauge going easy on it. even at like partial throttle it would go past 20psi... started going past it so i let
off... didt wanna blow anything up.

why would it sunnedly change? would the outside temp do that? when i turn the controller all the way down to 0 (suppose to be wastegate settings) it holds at 9 without a problem. when i slightly turn it up even like 3 notches it would shoot to 20psi+

whats the deal???
Old 01-17-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before (booja)

wouldnt happen to be an Autometer phantom series mechanical gauge would it?

Gauge error seems logical but like you said, car felt a lot more powerful so Im assuming your actually running the higher boost level
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before (W O T)

IIRC the Apexi BC's have some sort of solenoid controlling boost right? I remember people saying that the solenoids are sensitive to temperature changes. So you might wanna look into that.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before (BlueShadow)

how cold are we talking? cause he's right temp has a lot to do with a turbo'd car. what is the temp difference between when u tuned it and what it has been when you've been driving it?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before (SpoolnG2)

sounds like the boost is spiking, my car used to do it when it was really cold outside. what kind of boost controller are you using? adjust it back down so your gauge reads 14-15 psi. then turn the boost back up some when it gets warmer (if thats your problem).
Old 01-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: didnt change settings on boost controller... but now its going higher than before (booja)

my boost controller seems to have a mind of its own whenever the temperature changes.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:21 AM

hell yea my car goes up at least 2 psi in cold weather
Old 01-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i'm using an autometer phantom gauge. are those bad?

i know its going to high b/c my car stuttered once the boost went way up there (i know, not good)

when it was tuned it was about 65-70 deg outside maybe a lil higher. now its about 35-55 outside. lows, highs, night, day you know temp changes.

i cant change it to make it right. its either 9 or if i slightly turn it up its 20+

yes apexi using a solenoid... i can hear it when i rev my car... sounds like a pigeon
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booja)

yeah you will make more boost and it will creep. my car holds boost perfect in summer and last time I took if for a little ride it crept very bad
Old 01-18-2005, 03:50 PM

colder/denser air charge would raise boost a little bit.

Also, when you got on the road... maybe the dyno couldn't simulate the load and therefore is boosting more on the street. This was teh case for my car also, since my car was tuned w/ a dynojet