Notices

Did some street WB tuning with Uberdata today!

Old 04-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did some street WB tuning with Uberdata today!

I used my friends PLX WB today to do a little Uberdata tuning. I have been driving for a week or so with a base map I made following the Uber FAQ. I have to say I am amazed how close and safe I got just following that. I ended up with mid to high 11s in boost and mid 14s cruising. I have it set to pull .75* per pound with no other ignition adjustments.

After leaning out the boost portion to around 11.9 - 12.4 from 3-5k and 11.4 - 11.8 from 5 - 8k it pulled remarkably harder which surprised me because I have read that AFR won't dramatically change power output unless you are super rich like 11 and below or something.

I do have a couple questions to help fine tune it some more (WB is still on the car ) first how lean can I run at very light load? It pretty much never gets out of the mid 14s even in very high vac. I am thinking 15.5 would be ok from say 15vac to 25. then maybe upper 14s as I approach 0.
would adding 2* advance in these areas be a safe way to help mileage?

2nd, I know the factory ecu adds tip in enrichment to anticipate load on the motor. When I give it the dinner the AFR will drop to below 10 sometimes then settle where I want it. It seems like this may cause some hesitation when shifting or punching it from a roll. Any way to tune this out? This improved a bit just by bringing it into the 12s in boost but i want to be pretty conservative. should I go leaner?

and lastly, why does it go super rich, like 10-11 in high vac and higher rpm 4-6k? Is this desirable?

thanks for any input and UBERDATA RULES! Donation will follow shortly!
Old 04-08-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Did some street WB tuning with Uberdata today! (Bailhatch)

what are your TPS, main, and cold enrich set too? what injectors are you runnning? go to the uberdata forum.

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum
Old 04-08-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Re: (calmweed)

Good to hear your base map made following the directions was really close. I used the same for my chip, and will be wideband tuning soon. Good luck with your setup!
Old 04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: (2muchPSI)

What value did you use for "boost fuel efficiency"? Just curious. Also what turbo/motor?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2muchPSI)

Ya, my base map worked well for me.

****. I knew I forgot something. That would definatly explain what I was seeing. I thought about closed loop but it didn't click why I was having trouble. Without data logging it takes a lot of focus to see trends while your driving and trying to take notes . I guess I have some more tuning to do. This should be much more productive now since I'm not fighting the ECU. Boosted hybrids method seems solid, I'll try it tomorow thanks.
tps, main and cold enrich are disabled. dsm 450cc w/ 255lph and stock regulator.

Every change I make seems to make my car get faster and smoother, this is really fun compared to piggyback afc
Old 04-08-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

i had same problem you are talking about. when i set all of those fuel modifiers to the recomended setting (acutally 30 where recomendation was 27), then the problem went away. ONLY if i set ALL of them though. something to try. did you use the hondata scale to add the fuel back to the basemap in the different colums?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (danl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What value did you use for "boost fuel efficiency"? Just curious. Also what turbo/motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

110 BFE and my setup is in my sig.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ndogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had same problem you are talking about. when i set all of those fuel modifiers to the recomended setting (acutally 30 where recomendation was 27), then the problem went away. ONLY if i set ALL of them though. something to try. did you use the hondata scale to add the fuel back to the basemap in the different colums?</TD></TR></TABLE>

guess I missed that part, thanks. That would explain the super rich (under 10:1) warm up too. That should make a pretty big diff I'm sure. I don't know if it's the 'hondata scale' but I used the new one that uses that better calculation method. 1.65 repac3
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good to see you basemap was pretty dead on. have you been over to the uberdata forum and/or posted you .bin for peeps over there to look at/help u with? i made a basemap (following bigwigs how to thread)using 1.65 just to get the feel for the program. cant wait till im actually using it for real in my car
Old 04-08-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Re: (calmweed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by calmweed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My suggestion: Do WOT pulls up the *** until you get the flattest 12:1 AFR line you can get. Then turn off closed loop(either via the closed loop script burried somewhere on the forum or unplug the o2 sensor and diable o2 heater) and then you want to do your fine tuning/partial throttle tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok so when you go to plug the o2 back in, the ecu wont freak out and mess with the values or do you just get it all tuned the way you want and never plug the o2 back in?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (warwagon)

I changed the TPS enrichment to 50 and it works great now.doesn't drop down into the 10s and drives a little smoother when I'm winding through the gears. Haven't done any part throttle tuning yet. I'm gonna use a camera this afternoon to record the RPM on my afc, boost gauge and AFR all at once. I'll go through in slow mo and make changes to the map. should work OK for such a ghetto method, at least I can see my tv from the computer
Old 04-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm gonna use a camera this afternoon to record the RPM on my afc, boost gauge and AFR all at once. I'll go through in slow mo and make changes to the map. should work OK for such a ghetto method, at least I can see my tv from the computer </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL! Ghettolog!

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Re: (98CTRCoupe)

At least the damn burner works on your computer

how the hell am i suppose to beat a sc'ed stang now???