Notices

Did a research about it and want to here more advice

Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did a research about it and want to here more advice

well guys,
i read all the reviews on here and team-integra about the AEBS electrical water pump. i know it comes with a dummy gear thing to replace the OEM water pump and now heres the question which i didnt get an answer for yet! can i run both OEM water pump (thinking not to fit the dummy pulley plate) with conjunction with the eletrical water pump? well i want to use it using a switch to drop ECT temps down when am preforming dyno runs or maybe on the street when am doing some street tunning! well am just not fimilair if the pump will by pass coolant internally if its off? will it? if not do you think its a good idea to make the pump to pump coolant to the block from the drain plug ( the one below the exhaust manifold) so the OEM pump still pumps into the system?

guys dont flame the reason i want to set this up is cause temps where i live is 122F and belive me its not fun driving a boosted car in this crazy heat....i would rather take precaution incase ECT temps raises in these circumstances

let me know guys if this setup worth it or not

Modified by IntegraTypeR at 11:10 AM 8/2/2007
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Did a research about it and want to here more advice (IntegraTypeR)

waste of money. even on a pro car

you dont need any more little BS accesories clogging up your engine compartment.....

thats the problem with people today.... "i love to accesorize"
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did a research about it and want to here more advice (dturbocivic)

lol....am not the type who wants to make his engine compartment crowded...i would do this for function over fashion...trying to have some control on the coolant temps some how.....am already getting an oil cooler, but need something to lower ECT temps!

so am thinking to run NO thermostat + electric pump + stock water pump

am just thinking how i can run both oem pump with the electric pump without fitting the dummy plate? is it possible some how?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont think that No thermosat would be the answer, altho it would keep the engine colder i doubt you would even get up to opperating temerature during driving, try using a product like this, ive talked to guys that swear by it. Ive used it b4 and it works great!! http://www.redlineoil.com/prod...yID=4

Old 08-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did a research about it and want to here more advice (grand champ)

thats a great product but unfortunately fluids cant be shipped by air and i did search this product here and had no luck! thats why am searching a different route!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did a research about it and want to here more advice (grand champ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grand champ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont think that No thermosat would be the answer, altho it would keep the engine colder i doubt you would even get up to opperating temerature during driving
</TD></TR></TABLE>

my engine takes around 1min to reach operating temperature and i think my engine without a thermostat will take 2 mins probably....i drove the car short trips and noticed my lower rad hose is always hot so all i can say once my thermostat opens it never closes thats how hot it is here! if its always open whats the point of it thinking of removing it to gain better coolant flow instead!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my engine takes around 1min to reach operating temperature and i think my engine without a thermostat will take 2 mins probably....i drove the car short trips and noticed my lower rad hose is always hot so all i can say once my thermostat opens it never closes thats how hot it is here! if its always open whats the point of it thinking of removing it to gain better coolant flow instead!</TD></TR></TABLE>If your car heats up that quick, it sounds like you have other problems
Old 08-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did a research about it and want to here more advice (jmm96gsr)

what are your thoughts? other than a HG! cause once i noticed this i did a compression check and it was all good all aboard and did a leak test where they were all in the 5% region! system fully bleeded too! my cooling system consists of a new PWR dual core rad, new OEM thermostat, new rad hoses, SPAL 13" pusher fan, PWR 1.5bar rad cap, new waterneck O rings, new head gasket, new OEM water pump, new timing belt....i tried everything and changed everything and then my HG couldnt take the heat and decided to blow! i asked many poeple and think my engine is good and probably the heat is the cause...most poeple think i need extra vents, probably need improvement in oil cooling and coolant cooling since its turboed!

not to say you are wrong but i have a totally stock corolla and it takes exactly 1 min to reach operating temprature too! if you think i have a problem somewhere else am interested to hear some advice, but i tried nearly everything and started to think its the heat here thats causing it!

still need more advice