Notices

Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO*

Old 04-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO*

NOW I NEED HELP WITH BOOST, SCROLL DOWN

well i just wanted to see wat my car would make allmotor, before i boost it this week, so i took a trip down to HOOKUPS, VERY COOL GUY, i am very pleased with the numbers, i was expecting way less, but over all i am very happy, thanks Chris

Mods - GSR *UNTUNED*
CTR Cams
Spoon TB
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
2.5 Exhaust

video isnt anything big, just put it for ***** and giggles

Modified by SPNFEDEH at 12:26 PM 4/26/2006
Old 04-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (SPNFEDEH)

most definately post up charts for comparision later...good luck with everything

good numbers for suck a simple setup...even though its just the tip of the iceberg more to come soon
Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 PM

thats pretty good for you mods, untuned. good luck with boost.

what do stock gsr's put down?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (plan B.)

Damn good... Boost and tune should be a great car man... keep up the good work..
Old 04-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (SPNFEDEH)

well i got back from the dyno last night, had some ignition problems, seems that the ignition couldnt keep up with the power, so it kept breaking up at high rpm, and and air and fuel was pretty hard to tune out, thinking the injectors are a bit big, as Chris (Hook Ups) was saying, and clutch started to slip a bit, so need to get things fixed and head back to try to make some more power, hopefully in a couple weeks, but as it sits right now, car made 247whp and 178wtq on like 8 1/2 pounds, u can see in the graph its start breaking up after vtec. And on the way back home i threw some codes, 43 (fuel supply) and 3 (map sensor) not sure why this happends, but i just wanna thank Chris for everything and the time he spent, I WILL BE BACK!!! LOL

Old 04-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any insights?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:02 PM

are you running on the stock ignition set-up? when was the last time you changed the plugs, wires, etc..
Old 04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that doesnt look very safe. Possibly a bad map sensor, in turn reading wrong pressure and dumping enough fuel for more psi than your running? i dunno good luck!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (boostedej1)

well he said he tuned it to be safe, well alot safer than it was to begin with, but really sure wats going on, i have been reading and i think my o2 sensor is dead, causing the cels, but yea im on stock ignition
Old 04-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if my stock ignition can keep up wiht 660 hp i dont see why yours cant keep up with 250....
Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (D@nnY)

yea, thats exactly wat im saying, but they tested the wires (stock) did a OHM reading, they didnt even send out a reading, they tried it on another stock wire from another car, they got a reading, im really not sure wats going on
Old 04-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What are your plugs gapped at? I had a similar dyno chart on my last tune when we first started and it was thanks to spark blowout.

Code 43 is usually a O2 sensor and the map code could be a couple of different things. What type of software are you running?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

yea what management are you using?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

using hondata s200, not sure wat the gap is set at, i fouled out the first plugs which were 8s that were pregapped to .28 and then they put a set of 11s in, yea i think the o2 sensor is gone, but seems like the codes come and go.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPNFEDEH)

need to help to get this fix, i wanna boost, and make some more power wheni go back, one guy said its the knock sensor, hook ups and rage think its ignition, but there are many high HP cars using stock ignition. They said to replace cap, rotor,wires, and if its not that then replace whole distributor, i just dont wanna spend more money on something thats not going to fix the problem. I mean thinking its the knock sensor makes sense, it would retard the timing back right? which would cut the ignition? its becoming frusterating, ihave power and i cant even use it, i know i should be making more power on that many pounds. but i dont have to fix some manifold issues.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPNFEDEH)

help
Old 04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPNFEDEH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, thats exactly wat im saying, but they tested the wires (stock) did a OHM reading, they didnt even send out a reading, they tried it on another stock wire from another car, they got a reading, im really not sure wats going on</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay so they tested your wires and didnt get a reading. Tested another set of wires and got a reading. Why not change out your plug wires then?
Old 04-24-2006, 03:01 PM

im a bit curious if this is just an adertising ad for hookups // it really doesnt have much to do with FI and i believe i seen this post in the NA forum also .
Old 04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im a bit curious if this is just an adertising ad for hookups // it really doesnt have much to do with FI and i believe i seen this post in the NA forum also .</TD></TR></TABLE>

no its not a advertising thread, i really do need help thanks, how does this not have anything to do with forced induction? i just got tuned with boost last friday, and it didnt go so well, so i need help
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im a bit curious if this is just an adertising ad for hookups // it really doesnt have much to do with FI and i believe i seen this post in the NA forum also .</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF... did you even read the entire thread before you posted this???

did you even bother looking at the last couple of thousand rpm.... Im curious as to what you are doing in this thread.

Im still gonna buy one of your manifolds however!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn this is the same thing tha tis happening to my homies car, check out the thread on "car putters etc...". We got the car tuned, or tried, but it breaks off at the upper rpms, specifically after 5 at WOT. We just ordered a new dizzy to see if that is it. We tried changing the MAP but nothing happened, and we will try the TPS later this week. It is hella annoying and the car pulls hard, until like 5k then begins to like miss, and if we get on it part throttle it pulls all the way. F=ing boost

Anyway I will be boosting my car soon. With your intercooler I might add
Old 04-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO* (bluebird)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluebird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WTF... did you even read the entire thread before you posted this???

did you even bother looking at the last couple of thousand rpm.... Im curious as to what you are doing in this thread.

Im still gonna buy one of your manifolds however!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

your right i didnt see the 2nd dyno graph , only the first

however i dont see why he posted the same thread and dyno in the all motor forum also
Old 04-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the one in the NA forum was just showing my results before i boost, i dont bump that thread, the ppl that see it and comment on it do, i need a new manifold FOR SURE, this one that i have is F***ing CRAP!!, LEAKS
Old 04-25-2006, 09:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPNFEDEH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the one in the NA forum was just showing my results before i boost, i dont bump that thread, the ppl that see it and comment on it do, i need a new manifold FOR SURE, this one that i have is F***ing CRAP!!, LEAKS</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats your current turbo setup ?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some crappy log manifold (that leaks) (trying to get a ram horn and a 3inch DP), 2.5 DP, skunk2 intake mani, spoon TB, garrett t3/t4 .60 trim, 2 1/4 charge piping, CTR cams, RC 550, Walbro Fuel Pump, Tial 38mm wastegate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did Baseline NA Before Boost Run At HOOKUPS - GSR *VIDEO*