Notices

Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's

Well i had a post last week about losing oil and what not. and oil spitting out of my DP.
Well i got under the car finally today and tried to look around. I didnt see anything that sprouted any interest to me. So i check the oil in the car. it doesnt look like it was losing anymore for some reason. So i took off the dp and charge pipe. nothing gunked up in the charge pipe. but in the dp it was like frozen water or something on the vband outlet. So i had my girl start the car while i was checking around. It seems like there was water coming from the ex outlet fromt he turbo and smoke. i dunno if thats normal since it hasnt been ran for more than 2 minutes at a time? maybe just condensation building up? i dunno im at a loss as to why its not spitting oil now? maybe becuase its on jackstands and the angle it changed something?
i checked all around the headgasket and such and sawe nothing for coolant or oil loss. but what i did see was losing a little bit of coolant was one of the fittings on my JG manifold. so that might explain why theres a little coolant dripping from the back of the block . also the only thing i can see for oil loss is a little buildup around the tranny housing. i looked at the pass side axle and it seems to have a small gap now . i coulda sworn that bitch was in there when i put it together, but maybe in the process of towing it it came out or something i dunno.
So im gonna push the axle back in to be flush with the tranny and put some thread sealer on that fitting fromt he IM, but im still at a loss as to what the deal is with the turbo? why is there water coming out? is it just condensation? should it disperse smoke if the motor is cold and hasnt been really ran yet with the DP totally off the turbo? and why isnt it losing oil like it was before? should i put the car back on the ground and see if anything changed when i put it on stands?

Let me hear some ideas guys..Thanks
Old 01-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (itr206)

bump
Old 01-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (itr206)

no one can help?
Old 01-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 01-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so confused by your symptoms - call X-files.
free bump
Old 01-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just sounds like condensation to me.as far as the oil coming out,are you sure it is not just a mix of the condensation and carbon buildup?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (turbotypeR)

You need to be more specific about the problems you are seeing. If you're losing oil, then obviously something is not right. Your turbo could be in bad shape, could be anything.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (xtal)

How long did you let it run this time as compared to the first time when it lost oil? I would check your rear main seal. I had an oil pump with a bad seal and it wouldn't leak till I had let it run for a few minutes. I am not so worried about the water but you definatelly need to find where the oil was coming from.

-Ryan
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 PM

Did you check the fluid level in your tranny? Is it possible the axel wasnt in all the way and when it was jacked up it leaked out till the level dropped enough? Just a thought.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (norcalcrx)

I was thinking the same thing but in the other post he said he added oil to the engine so I don't think that the tranny was leaking. If it was the tranny and not the engine he would have a couple to many quarts of oil in the engine right now
Old 01-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (Kwuaymaikrup)

im sorry guys, i dont know how to be more specific, its a WEIRD *** PROBLEM.

ys i did add oil to the engine. but the only place i can see a leak from is the tranny area. so i dont knwo where the hell i was losing oil from? before it looked like the turbo was spitting out oil.now it looks like condensation and smoke. but i wasnt sure if that was becvuase the car never really warmed up yet? i only let it run for maybe 2 minutes this time to check it out. pretty much same thing last time.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty rare on Honda's, but oil coming out around the tranny - could mean rear main seal.

If your axle was popped out, the tranny fluid would leak until the level of the fluid was lower that the axle hole in the case.

You sure it's oil on the ground and not tranny fluid?

Water - sorry, no idea. Makes no sense. The heat of the exhaust housing would evaporate any water coming out there. (assuming the car is running)
Old 01-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Diagnosed my probs further.made some progress,but leads to more Q's (Turboteggy)

ok well i got the car on level ground and its not losing oil now from what i can see. it is deff losing tranny fluid. its the crush washer on the fill plug, that im not worried about.

Modified by itr206 at 11:20 AM 1/19/2004
Old 01-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if your not drving the car, try pulling the head gasket, maybe it isnt seated right...
Old 01-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok this is getting me now. i did a compression test and heres my results
cyl 1-190
cyl 2-180
cly 3-193
cyl 4-185, they all seem to be within specs. so im comfortable blaming all this on too much fuel flooding the cyls and maybe making **** goofy. i will take the water thing as just **** burning out of the engine , like evaportaion stuff or something. i guess the motor and everything itself is solid? its still up on Ebay. but i might keep it if i can get someone down here with a wideband soon to help me out on map to see if it cleans thing sup