Notices

Damn what did i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn what did i do

After get my car running after a week of downtime. We toss in a new distributor, timed her and were off. So after giving her a chance to warm up b4 i give her some boost loven. I get this nice straighaway. I giver her boost through 1st and 2nd, and then right around 3rd at about 6 rpm all i see is battery and oil light and loss of power car . Ofcourse i was broke down two blocks to my house i push her into the garage pop the hood to see what the problem is. All kinds of smoke came out there is oil all over the place especially right on the manifold for my turbo and on top of my hood.I check inside the cylinder to see if there is oil nothin. I check everything plugs can not for the life of me find out were it came from car starts but then idles ruff and dies. I have not a clue to if i blown my Sh$t or if a seal blew in my turbo . Turbo spins freely no shaft play. I am waiting for the weekend to take a throrough look at everything to find out what the problem might be. So my poor poor baby is hurt and might require some severe work. Any input to what it might be would work that way i do not have to take the shotgun approach. Thanks

As for my setup its a homemade turbo
fmu
ihi rh5 turbo from ford probe gt
hf manifold
Tired Zc engine
I was running 8lbs
Old 09-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Damn what did i do (cmyrex)

Prolly toasted your rings, like I did on Tuesday. Is this your DD? Sorry to hear man good luck,

Blaze
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn what did i do (Blaze45)

unfortunaley she is my daily driver. I check the the cylinder by sticking in a long screw driver and seeing if there was oil but she was bone dry. I really dont know what i am going to do. Looks like i am doing a sohc swap this weekend . Thats the only plus to have 4 sohc sitting at your house. Thanks man any info helps I will remember the good times i had with turbo zc.

RIP
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn what did i do (Blaze45)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune also.Same here good luck