Notices

Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-(

Tonight at 9:15 PM my car met it's match. A three point buck. It destroyed the front quarter of my car. It messed up most of the hood, windhield, and roof too. It was nice while it lasted. I am posting this as a warning to other users to please drive more carefully. Please don't let this happen to you.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (MyWhiteCivic)

sucks man. my grandparents live in michigan and are always warning my when i drive there to watch out for deer. its pretty wierd seeing a deer jump out in front of u, especially when ur a texan.

man i hope everything works out.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (MyWhiteCivic)

And people give me **** for having Hella 500 driving lights because they don't look "tite." Well gee whiz, if this isn't the exact reason why I have 'em.

Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully insurance will cover it, or are you totalling the car? I may be interested in some parts...
Old 11-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that sucks man so sorry to hear. i think about the chance of stuff like that happening to me every day. thankful nothing has happened and pray nothing does happen.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (CivicRyda2k)

This is why I hunt the damn things.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kill Bambi!!
Old 11-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (House of Boost)

I'm going to see whether insurance is going to total the car or not. I'm praying to God that they don't. I hope it's repairable.

Can a buck cause frame damage BTW? It was pretty big.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:43 PM

I know the feeling, a deer totaled my last car. Now I have the prelude and a jeep, just the other day I hit a deer in the jeep but the front bumper knocked it down and then I ran it over with both 33" tires on the drivers side. Not a scratch on the jeep
Old 11-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me know if you part it out. I don't mean to sound like a vulture, but you are reasonably close to me if the price is right. Anyway... as for frame damage; do the doors and trunk look like all the seams line up 'n stuff? Another better way to tell is to put it on an alignment rack and an even better way is on a chassis rack. Good luck, man!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (House of Boost)

my own personal experience has been that if you actually DO hit the deer (and there's evidence like blood and poo on your car) insurance picks up the tab and you don't pay deductible. if you swerve, and miss the deer, but go into a ditch/hit a tree/damage your vehicle, you have to pay a deductible.

if your car isn't totalled, you should be okay financially. many times if your insurance co. is even halfway decent, they won't raise your rates for it either. sorry to hear the bad news; did you at least kill the damn deer?
Old 11-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Better than steak

I think you have a new sponsor and you have to run this sticker.

I hope you get it fixed man.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (Arturbo)

i ******* hate deer. i hit three of em on my old bmw, it was like they couldnt see the car, they would just jump right into me. i cant count the number of times i have come screeching to a halt in a cloud of white tire smoke to avoid the damend things.
stoopid deer.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (splayed)

I think by law, insurance has to cover it, because its an "act of God" or some ****
Old 11-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night at 4:30am there was a HUGE *** dead racoon in the middle of the road, i swerved as fast as i could but i heard a large BAMMMMMMM. I got out asap, thank GOD i didnt hit it head on, otherwise my intercooler would have been ruined as well as my front end. The little dead bastard did manage to put a small crack in my sideskirt, but i guess thats what touch up paint is for. I was so mad that i was going to go back and **** on the racoon, but instead i went home and went to sleep.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (GudeH23a)

Like dude, you know what would be cool dude, like if you went back and pissed on it dude, and it really wasnt dead dude, and then dude it bit your dingy dude, how awesome would that be....sweet dude

sorry to hear about the side skirt though
Old 11-04-2002, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I hit a deer once and was moderately injured. Here's my phone conversation with the 911 operator (a must listen):

http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/songs/911.mp3

Old 11-04-2002, 11:04 PM

I need a bambulance!!

man this takes me back i love it. thanks HOB!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (zoomintegra)

The only animals I see here in so. Cali. are of women wearing them around their necks or as coats. I once saw a deer in the zoo though.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (ninesecrx)

The only animals I see here in so. Cali. are of women wearing them around their necks or as coats. I once saw a deer in the zoo though.
The part of CA I'm going to has all kinds of animals I get to hit on my long drive to work.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:45 AM
New User

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (zoomintegra)

my own personal experience has been that if you actually DO hit the deer (and there's evidence like blood and poo on your car) insurance picks up the tab and you don't pay deductible. if you swerve, and miss the deer, but go into a ditch/hit a tree/damage your vehicle, you have to pay a deductible.

if your car isn't totalled, you should be okay financially. many times if your insurance co. is even halfway decent, they won't raise your rates for it either. sorry to hear the bad news; did you at least kill the damn deer?
True and untrue, I am an Insurance Agent, the way insurance works is if you hit the deer it is a Comprehensive loss same as glass claim, vandalism, theft, any "Act of God" and the deductible depends on what ytou chose for a deductible for Comprehensive ie. $0.00, $100, $250 etc etc, if you missed the deer then hit a tree it is a collision and you pay what deductible you chose for collision. If your company "Totals" the vehicle out usually they will lt you buy it back back for "Mad cheap". I had a 91 Integra totalled because someone stole the motor got $6500 for the car,Insurance company said $900 and I can have the shell and everything. Good luck. ANy Insurnce Questions and I'm your man, I've worked for 3 different ones and know alot o the ins and outs o the business.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:41 AM

Sorry to take away from the sadness but what are your plans for the car. I might be interested in purchasing it. Let me know.. If it is totaled I will buy it from the insurance. I believe they have to sell it to you at 10% of the value. Let me know.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default That sucks...

I hit one with my EG and it mashed the hood up to the windshield and the point of the front right quarter ripped into the deer and tore it in half... half of the deer flew over the roof and guess what..? this is even more swell... my sunroof was open and I got pieces of deer leather and a rib or 2 flopped all up in my back seat.. ahhh.. deer make me mad.
But after it was all said and done I got a CF hood and projector HL for it for freee..
Old 11-05-2002, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (Boostfed)

Boostfed, if I have any questions about this whole mess, would it be ok if I e-mailed you?

I think I am going to fix it. It doesn't look like there is frame damage. If insurance does total it, I think I am going to buy it back because my tranny alone is worth 3400 dollars plus all my other parts. I still have to find the antler that broke off the deer and went into my dash somewhere.

BTW, it wasen't dead when I first hit it so I killed it with my knife. That made me feel a little better.

Overblown-Teg, you would want a 95 Civic EX Sedan that is an automatic? What's wrong with you (j/k)?

I'll try to take pictures today before my next class.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (ninesecrx)

You have it good...the part of California I was in had lots of rattle snakes, scorpions, black widows, and other nasties. You know how bad it hurts to step on a scorpion? In the middle of the night walking in the dark to the bathroom!
Old 11-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-( (Hatchblack)

I can run over those in my car with no problem though.

Quick Reply: Damn deer, guess I will never get into the turbo mafia now :-(