Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

DA-NINE's AWD Holset Integra build thread Using Gsr/P8R/HY35 Components

DA-NINE's AWD Holset Integra build thread Using Gsr/P8R/HY35 Components

Old 04-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA-NINE's AWD Holset Integra build thread Using Gsr/P8R/HY35 Components

Originally Posted by civic2nr9177 View Post
Hats off to you sir. I have to admit, I came into this thread with the whole, "oh great, here's ANOTHER kid who dreams of having an awd turbo honda and gets halfway into it and doesn't know wtf he is doing" thread. Glad to see that I couldn't have been more wrong. I just read it from start to finish and enjoyed every minute of it. Plus holsets are some of my favorite turbos. Looking forward to more vids and you getting deeper into the 10's and maybe single digits eh?

Glad i broke the mold I guess. Thank you! Couple of chhanges happened over the winter.

Changed over to 16x7.5 Kosei K1s and 225/45r16 R888R Tires, Top1 motors half diffuser

Braced a shift fork

Then ran Import Faceoff and Destroyed a t-case Lmao

pretty sure the tcase was assembled incorrectly the nut that holds the transfer gear to the shaft was loose on the shaft ( it should be tightened to 85ft lbs) which caused crazy shock loading to the case until it failed . on top of that i did not have the transfer case brace installed like i should have. Dont think im at the limit of the parts yet just have to use the right stuff lol.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA-NINE's AWD Holset Integra build thread Using Gsr/P8R/HY35 Components

More of the shift fork, no more missing gears(for the most part)

Old 04-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The k1s I got used were in really bad shape, kind of used them as a test of my refinishing skills, paint needs to be re sprayed but the chip corrections and cleanup came out really good. All the repairs were done with (dont laugh) jb weld and an electric sander, color is Ford Medium Royal Blue.

start

Filling

Starting to sand

This was the worst wheel, had a bend in the outer face took a lot of time to get it concentric and build the lip back up

In primer

First layer of color

Old 04-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

More close ups of the T-case failure. The Nut that holds the transfer gear to the shaft was NOT ran down and torqued the gear had .125" of free movement on the shaft it was supposed to be torqued to. Guessing every time the gear was loaded by the engine it was slaming the tapered roller bearing into the seat stressing the case until the case eventually let go. then broke the shaft on the way out. By the wear pattern on the teeth of the tcase it seems like the gear has been in motion for a long time, polished contact area all the way up the tooth face.

What sucks is it happened in the semi finals of 11.50 index, I won but broke the car and could not compete in the finals....

Was running the car on wastegate pressure all day to run the index and ran a perfect pass too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EWhTQQVxHQ
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang that sucks that the t-case broke�� how are those R888's gripping?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang. **** happens, but I give you alot of props for your resourcefulness. Wheels came out great!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice work on the wheel repair, i was planning to try filling some curb rash using jb weld but decided not to bother - you've just changed my mind
Old 04-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome build buddy! Just happened to run into this thread Googling shiz. I'll need to read through it all to catch up. SUBSCRIBED!! Sounds very similar to something I've been doing. Check out my thread when you get a chance https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-m...oject-3268963/ and welcome to the AWD club... If there is one...
Old 04-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice
Old 08-26-2018, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you found a good way to change the gearing or did you just rebuild the trans and run it with the 4.652 fd? I have an awd crx that I've been building the last year and the super low gearing seems to be a hurdle I can't get past besides just going to a larger diameter tire.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Id like to know how this setup is doing so far. Is the rotation ratio of the transmition / differential the same if you use a Wagovan Viscous ?
Old 01-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really impressed with the work you've done here. The viscous coupler rebuild is a real gem thanks for sharing that and the 8th gen hubs too.