Notices

curious about my ecu while trying to tune...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default curious about my ecu while trying to tune...

I am having problems with my car after tuning. I had Hondata s100 installed in my ecu for my turbocharged B18c1. i had a basemap burned to get me to my tuner... car ran great. car got tuned and drove fine with no CELs or anything... 2months after tuning my motor recieved some blow-by forcing a rebuild... after rebuilding car ran great. all of a sudden car started breaking up at about 4k rpm, changed my turbo,intercooler, and plugs, distributor.. car got better. was ready to go back and get tuned again(diff tuner), cel came on while driving to get tuned.. cut the car off and then to the acc position waited til all lights went then went to check the code but just got a solid cel(no blinks)... the 1st tuner i went to is not a authorized hondata dealer and my assumption is that he tuned my car on crome and left the s100 program still in the ecu. with that said wouldnt crome ignore hondata s100 while both are in the ecu? the tuner i went to the second time took my hondata system out and left my chip in the ecu and the car fired up. he said my car should have not crunk up.. could anybody shed some light if possible? sorry or the longetivity..
Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 PM

Default Re: curious about my ecu while trying to tune...

The chip that is used with the S100 system is compatible with Crome (both use the 27sf512 chip). The only difference being that the s100 uses the module plugged in to the 4 pin header at CN2. Both tuners may have tuned and programmed your 27SF512 chip with Crome instead of Hondata. The only way to program a chip properly for the S100 is if your tuner has an S200 dealer package. Hope this is of some help...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so would my 2nd tuner have to start from scratch? when he went to tune it he tried to pull up my chip and it showed a error/lock menu, so he tried his hondata password and we could not pull up the chip.. so i went home and switched out my hasrness for a well known one and still getting a solid cel..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
so would my 2nd tuner have to start from scratch? when he went to tune it he tried to pull up my chip and it showed a error/lock menu, so he tried his hondata password and we could not pull up the chip.. so i went home and switched out my hasrness for a well known one and still getting a solid cel..
This is probably because the first time the chip was programmed it was programmed with Crome. When he went to pull it up with Hondata, it couldn't read it.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks im going to crank it up tomorrow
Old 08-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

forgot to say when trying to tune my map value woould not read