Notices

A couple of turbo questions - 2000 GSR

Old 09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of turbo questions - 2000 GSR

I bought a chipped P28 ECU from Pherable and told him all of my information about my setup for him to make a good base map but I forgot to tell him what boost I was going to run. Isnt that going to matter? I am almost certain that he would have to know what boost I am running to setup a basemap for me. I am about to take my car to the dyno soon to get it tuned. I was wondering if it would be safe for me to drive to get my car tuned if I tried not to hit boost. The drive is about 3 hours and I wasnt sure if it would be safe driving that far with my car untuned and on that basemap. Also, do you know which hose I need to disconnect on my manifold so my secondary runners wont kick in? Also, my friend said that there was some line I need to disconnect so my car wont run like crap. I think it was on the intake mani also. Last question, I only have one of my O2 Sensors on my exhaust now cause I accidentaly ripped the other one off in the process of taking the exhaust off. Do I only need one O2 sensor or would it at least be ok to just have one? I am going to get my exhaust done next week and I am going to run a 2 1/2" all the way back with no cat at all and then into a Magnaflow muffler. Please help me if you know any of these questions cause I am ready to get my car on the road and see what it will do. Thanks!