Notices

couple questions on fuel psi.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple questions on fuel psi.

allright..quick question. what should fuel psi be WOT and at idle? im about to check in 3 hours or so.

i have no idea on what tuning has been done besides ostrich emulator obd1 ecu on b16 running about 10 psi intercooled.. no CEL. i dont see any chips inside the ecu that look diffrent. bigger pump and bigger fuel injectors (dotn know exact size sorry...no numbers on them and no one informed me of what they are.)

im sittign pretty at 14.7 during cruising

as soon as i go 1/4 throttle or more voltage on o2 spikes to .91 and A/F goes way down to 10.0 flat.

i dotn know if i just turn down the fuel psi if this will help, unsure if stock injectors would help.

would an adjustable FPR turn down my fuel?

i know i am getting way to much fuel but unclear on how to turn it down without effecting A/F 14.7 cruising.

i would so take the car to a tuner but there isnt a single dyno or tuner in alaska.

so it looks like i am on my very own here with the tuning. i normally answer questions here on honda-tech and i rarely ask questions. searching helps a little but it is a hrad concept to grasp when i dotn have any software and unsure of my hardware and dotn have any manuals on the chip or burning process.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: couple questions on fuel psi.

ah... i know my car is a mess with tuning. just any info that you guys could relate my way would help a ton.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in the other thread you said that the fpr is stock? stock works fine.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 PM

If u dont have a tuner in alaska then you pretty much have to learn how to tune urself. Messing with fuel pressure is gonna mess with ur tune all around. If you want ur 14.7 during crusing then you are going to have to get whatever tuning software you are familiar with and learn how to tune and play with ur transition from partial throttle to wot to lean it out a bit. If u have an ostrich already then you probably have most likely crome, or hopefully spmething way better which is ectune.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im trying to learn abotu the tuning aspect as fast as possible.

how can i tell if i have crome or ectune or neptune or even hondata. the motherboard of the ecu doesnt really look any diffrent. i would think a chip would at least have a name on it. i just kind of peeked in with everything still plugged into the ecu.

fuel psi is 46 idle and 50 key on. with FPR pinched while running,fuel psi skyrocketed pass 100. so i beleive im well good on fuel capability.

with the ostrich i guess i will have do download the software and get a usb port to see if i can even communicate with my car that way. from there i will see what i need to burn chips and install chips or whatnot.

my understanding is i will play around with settings...save those settings to burn into a chip...then install a chip in the ecu? am i even close on this? lol

thanks for the info...any little bit helps.