Notices

A couple of questions about this lsvtec setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions about this lsvtec setup

Hey I've been seriously thinking about going ls/vtec since I've already got a b16 and can get a ls block at a decent price to build in the mean time. I also will plan on running boost on the motor shortly after the build. So far I am just wondering about the bottom end and I hope you guys could give me some input on why or why I shouldn't use these parts for the goals of my build. My goal is to be able to daily drive the car but will want to turn up the boost for the track. I'm hoping to get to the 300whp mark, but will probably want to get more down the road. Some of these components might be considered over kill for my goals in mind, but I would also like to have the peace of mind and reliability for the motor to last a while. So here's a list of what I plan on using and hopefully you guys could give me some input on to if I'm making a good choice or not.

CP 81.5 mm pistons 9.0:1 compression

I can't decide between Eagle H beams and Pauter rods (don't know if pauter rods would be too much for my build or if I should get them for the extra insurance) Please guys chime in here. I have read a lot of bad things about the eagle H beams, but then good things for lower hp numbers like I plan for.

ARP rod bolts, unless theres something better (chime in)

ACL Rod and Main Bearings

Then just have the crank blueprinted and balanced.

And do you guys think I should go with a block gaurd? It seems like a cheap bit of insurance.

One last thing, even having new rods would the still need to be blueprinted/balanced?

Modified by JibOnALib at 8:52 PM 12/20/2005
Old 12-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A couple of questions about this lsvtec setup (JibOnALib)

you can go far with just stock sleeves. blockguards can do more harm then good if installed wrong. many people have different views on it. i feel, since it is meant to not let the walls expand, then the sleeves still might crack from not being able to do what they do naturally. or, they will crack below where the blockguard is. i would go with pauter rods just incase you want more down the road.