Notices

Counterfeit Hondata S300 and K-Pro fyi.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Counterfeit Hondata S300 and K-Pro fyi.

Seen this posted on a local site and had not seen a thread here yet, that I know of, so thought I would link this. Be aware and make sure you are buying legit product.

http://hondata.com/kpro_counterfeit.html
http://hondata.com/s300_counterfeit.html

That is right, counterfeit Hondata's are even being done these days... more than likely by the ChiComs, like everything else.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Counterfeit Hondata S300 and K-Pro fyi.

Originally Posted by twkdCD595
Seen this posted on a local site and had not seen a thread here yet, that I know of, so thought I would link this. Be aware and make sure you are buying legit product.

http://hondata.com/kpro_counterfeit.html
http://hondata.com/s300_counterfeit.html

That is right, counterfeit Hondata's are even being done these days... more than likely by the ChiComs, like everything else.
Wow... I would have never thought there would be something like this with regards to something this complicated. Unbelievable.

Hell, maybe it ill make Hondata come down off their prices a little. Theyve always seemed a tad bit overpriced, but its probably due to their reputation.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats rediculous, those people will copy anything, as if its not bad enough there taking away our jobs because of the big corporations outsourcing, now there stealing our american made products right from under our noses.

Shut the boarders down, start making stuff back in good ol USA !!!

I hope no one has been dupted into these things, i wonder if they even work
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
Thats rediculous, those people will copy anything, as if its not bad enough there taking away our jobs because of the big corporations outsourcing, now there stealing our american made products right from under our noses.

I say the exact same about over here.... I get really pissed off about it though. Our boarder control has failed miserably & now we're stuck with a load of non English speaking retards that are robbing us dry and sending the money back to there dump.

From what i gather you guys have simalar problems to us but on a much larger scale...
Old 11-21-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by rich7777
I say the exact same about over here.... I get really pissed off about it though. Our boarder control has failed miserably & now we're stuck with a load of non English speaking retards that are robbing us dry and sending the money back to there dump.

From what i gather you guys have simalar problems to us but on a much larger scale...
In ways you wouldn't believe.....
Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup, you really have no idea how bad it really is.

This counterfit thing is totally bs, I'm surprised it even works.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to find out more... We actually get some of your news over here time to time so we do hear about some things what go on... Besides that the odd TV program. As the USA is such a huge place its only the major stuff we here about e.g. some nut case firing shots at the White House and getting arrested for trying to assassinate the president. I do think the whole "Gun's thing" with them been legal is wrong & a BIG problem. They cost lives and the world would be a much better place without them. I've seen programs on what some of those gangs are like and its crazy. Its like they think there in a computer game or something.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to find out more... We actually get some of your news over here time to time so we do hear about some things what go on... Besides that the odd TV program. As the USA is such a huge place its only the major stuff we here about e.g. some nut case firing shots at the White House and getting arrested for trying to assassinate the president. I do think the whole "Gun's thing" with them been legal is wrong & a BIG problem. They cost lives and the world would be a much better place without them. I've seen programs on what some of those gangs are like and its crazy. Its like they think there in a computer game or something.
nothing wrong with guns, i own plenty and i dont go out killing people, guns dont kill people, People kill people. if they dont do it with a gun, they will use something else, true story my friend. i used them for target practice and protect my self if im in a bad neighborhood. Was more of a concern when i lived in new england, now that im in Texas its a bit safer.

There should be better safety laws to prevent phsyco's from getting guns, that i agree with. Background and psych evals should be done for sure.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, the differences between the real and fake K-Pro's are so insignificant...

It's going to be difficult to spot one of these fake ones for sure..
Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At least some china stuff are sold as "garrett style" or something, i wonder if seller says these are real things, and buyer gets scammed too.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and here i thought the mongoloids are the smarter ones, but turns out they just copy everyone...
Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how come these people haven't been sued ? i'm sure these companies have a patent on their products.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the hks brand is the really insane one. mostly all fake now a days. it's so bad in fact that unless you buy from an authorized dealer, 90+% chance it's fake. ebay, 90%+ fake hks. the fakers REALLY latched on to that brand badly. the really crazy part is that their days of popularity were 2000-2005,6.

as for sueing....sue who? most of this is made in china or in some backwater lab. there is no one to sue

who can get popped are the people selling it stateside. average sentence for passing fakes, like north of 10k worth of gear is about 1yr in prison. more if it's really large scale. goes for jeans, car parts, sun glasses, etc. one of the guys at our local race track is looking at 13mo for doing just this...not car parts
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM

2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution. It's a "love it, or leave it" concept created by the minutemen of the late 18th Century. (Hey, you Brits caused us to retaliate, what can we say?).

But at least we don't have people in the U.K. With Airsoft weapons trying to convert them to the real thing. The bottom line; only the illegal weapons owner possesses a problem. In the U.K. there are plenty of weapons converted and traded on the black market in a way that can't be regulated, while at least here, the legal owner is extremely regulated.

The nut cases that have these weapons in the U.S. act the same if they were in the U.K. ; to bypass any law to be able to obtain such weapons.

But that is another debate.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by jasoncrashtech
how come these people haven't been sued ? i'm sure these companies have a patent on their products.
Hard to sue when international law has no bearing on patent or copyright law..
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO hondata slipped up and got caught. Rather than taking any counterfeit measures to prevent this they left everything unlocked and not serialized internally. Guys don't forget if it were not for Hondata we would see more DIY K series options these days.

If anyone knows where to find these PM me.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I for one am happy they got copied. Hondata deserves this based on what they have done in the past with pgmfi.org and are continuing to do to or threaten to do to the likes of eCtune and Neptune.

Good luck Hondata, you've had this coming for a long time. Now go find someone to sue because we all know that is what you like to do.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by racebum
the hks brand is the really insane one. mostly all fake now a days. it's so bad in fact that unless you buy from an authorized dealer, 90+% chance it's fake. ebay, 90%+ fake hks. the fakers REALLY latched on to that brand badly. the really crazy part is that their days of popularity were 2000-2005,6.

as for sueing....sue who? most of this is made in china or in some backwater lab. there is no one to sue

who can get popped are the people selling it stateside. average sentence for passing fakes, like north of 10k worth of gear is about 1yr in prison. more if it's really large scale. goes for jeans, car parts, sun glasses, etc. one of the guys at our local race track is looking at 13mo for doing just this...not car parts
Hehe, young guys. Actually,for many years Hasegawa Kitagawa Sigma was a racing development team from the mid 1980s onward. When they went to the public sector to introduce their products public their biggest years were from 1995-2007. After the depreciation of the US dollar, and development from within the U.S., Popularity of their products in the U.S. went down by about 35%. They are still highly popular in Australia, South East Asia, and even Africa.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mind blown
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nothing wrong with guns, i own plenty and i dont go out killing people, guns dont kill people, People kill people. if they dont do it with a gun, they will use something else, true story my friend. i used them for target practice and protect my self if im in a bad neighborhood. Was more of a concern when i lived in new england, now that im in Texas its a bit safer.

There should be better safety laws to prevent phsyco's from getting guns, that i agree with. Background and psych evals should be done for sure.
I see what your saying and respect it. Guns don't kill people, the people do. You have to see it from my shoe's though because there not legal over here and when there made out to be bad, bad, bad everywhere we're not going to think any different... You get caught with a gun over here and your going straight to prison/jail. That by all means isnt to say that everyone sticks to that rule because they don't. We have our problems with Guns, knifes, ect to...

Originally Posted by TheShodan
2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution. It's a "love it, or leave it" concept created by the minutemen of the late 18th Century. (Hey, you Brits caused us to retaliate, what can we say?).

But at least we don't have people in the U.K. With Airsoft weapons trying to convert them to the real thing. The bottom line; only the illegal weapons owner possesses a problem. In the U.K. there are plenty of weapons converted and traded on the black market in a way that can't be regulated, while at least here, the legal owner is extremely regulated.

The nut cases that have these weapons in the U.S. act the same if they were in the U.K. ; to bypass any law to be able to obtain such weapons.

But that is another debate.
OK, we do have a lot of crap over here with illegal weapons and out of control gangs i know.. and its getting a LOT worse... The way i've always seen it is if gun's are legal then overall there more openly available regardless to whether or not the owner needs a licence. Meaning they can get into the wrong hands easier and create a bigger problem. Maybe i need to stop watching this stuff lol & realise theres two sides to every story. I ment no disrespect about your country & way of life though so keep that in mind along with what i said to Turbo-LS about being in our shoes.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TurboChurch
I for one am happy they got copied. Hondata deserves this based on what they have done in the past with pgmfi.org and are continuing to do to or threaten to do to the likes of eCtune and Neptune.

Good luck Hondata, you've had this coming for a long time. Now go find someone to sue because we all know that is what you like to do.
the foul thing is people are buying these counterfeits and most likely putting them in other peoples hands.

but hondata should mind their own business when it comes to their competitors. this is the type of sh*t that killed ebay for me like 6 or 7 years ago.

Last edited by jasoncrashtech; 11-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 AM

OK, we do have a lot of crap over here with illegal weapons and out of control gangs i know.. and its getting a LOT worse... The way i've always seen it is if gun's are legal then overall there more openly available regardless to whether or not the owner needs a licence. Meaning they can get into the wrong hands easier and create a bigger problem. Maybe i need to stop watching this stuff lol & realise theres two sides to every story. I ment no disrespect about your country & way of life though so keep that in mind along with what i said to Turbo-LS about being in our shoes.
No offense taken. But when you have legal owners, believe or not, the criteria is steep to where an illegal owner can't use a legally registered weapon without it coming back to haunt them; hence they don't get the weapons from legal owners or carriers. see In most states not only is there a background check, but you must register the weapon, fingerprint scan, licensing, etc.

Funny enough, Texas has the most liberal gun laws, and the LEAST amount of gun related crimes, because bad guys know that even if you go to a shop to rob it, 9 times out of 10 the owner is armed; Its like Mutually Assured Destruction.... Everyone is armed, so no one takes the risk of performing a gun crime.

Like in the U.K. Possessing an unlicensed weapon carries a minimum 3 year jail sentence. If its a drug crime and a gun was involved... automatic 25 years.

That's kinda one of the reasons that keep me from moving back to the U.K. There's no legal means to protect oneself to the best of their ability in the event of a home invasion or robbery.. Hell, even Farmers have to have an appeals process to carry a rifle in the protection of their crops from animals and pests..
Old 11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i personally have a carry permit from Connecticut that is also valid here in texas but now that i have a texas driver licence i can go to a gun store or show and purchase a gun no problems even without the carry permit. Anyone can carry in their vehicle here in texas but must have licence to carry on your person.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No one can make stuff in the good ol USA because between the government with hiking up minimum wage, and Labor Unions, it costs to much to produce things in the USA.

Unless government changes and we disband union people just need to accept that this is reality.

Quick Reply: Counterfeit Hondata S300 and K-Pro fyi.