Notices

Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside.....

Please excuse my crude diagram. ok lets say this is the stock setup Could you add a fuel cell, T it into the fuel lines and control each fuel pump via switches up front. The only problem I could see would be keeping the fuel from flowing through the T into the opposite tank. Any suggestions?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (G-MO)

why not just run a big fuel cell.

those ones that fit in the wheel well look pretty big..
Old 05-01-2003, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (shortyz)

want to run different fuel
Old 05-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (G-MO)

crazy...I was just thinking about the same thing...I ws thinking if you put valves upstream from the T's and manually turn them off and on it would prevent the fuel from mixing....you would also need valves on the stock lines to prevent it from mixing when you were running the fuel cell.....*shrug*

-Ryan
Old 05-01-2003, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (Kwuaymaikrup)

guys what about check valves?
Old 05-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (shortyz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shortyz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guys what about check valves? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...I realized that after I posted.... ...it's late and I tend to overthink things....lol

-Ryan
Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (Kwuaymaikrup)

so I guess it'll work with check valves.... Time to go try it out
Old 05-02-2003, 02:57 AM

earls or aeroquip (maybe both) sell fittings with shut off valves in them....this setup really isnt going to work though, heres the best way i can think of and it still wont work....have a rail with openings on each end, then have another hole drilled and tapped in the center of the rail for the return..run each tanks fuel line to either side of the rail with shut off fittings at each end...when you dont want to use the one tank, just shut it off....only thing that isnt gonna work is unless you drill and tap two different holes for return, or you could one one return, they "y" if off with each end going to a separate tank, also with shut off valves so the right fuel would get dumped back in the right tank..

this would cost sooo much money and fab it wouldnt be worth it...just run one tank and switch the gas, its the only realistic way of doing it.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (gritsak)

I got my own diagram for this to since I was planning on doing the same thing. However, I got one question.

Does anyone have any idea as to how much fuel actually goes back to the tank via the return line? The reason I ask is because I was going to use the stock return line for both fuels. If a lot of fuel is returned I'll have to rethink my setup.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (Too_Smooth)

It should work fine. Get a nice big NOS selenoid for on the fuel lines. Have them open with each pump and close when its turned off. this should eliminate any back flow.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (Overblown-Teg)

the debate continues....
Old 05-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What would be the point of this? would this even be worth doing? seems like more useless weight imo.. perhaps get a bigger fuel cell, and have it divided
Old 05-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Since the JG intake manifold has 8 injector bongs, can you have 2 seperate fuel rails, one rail for pump gas and the other rail for race gas? Just a thought.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 05-05-2003, 03:45 PM

Default Re: (lazyvietboi)

install a check valve near the gas tank/cell so u have no back flow.

i dont see whats there is to argue about. have 2 valves under the dash for each gas line. then just have a brass Tee on the firewall for each line, then to fuel rail

i mean i dont think your gonna pass tech at the strip with that setup, they are bitchy about fuel lines and how its run and valves...

but thats the only way i can think of and easiest.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:14 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (Overblown-Teg)

the Nos solenoids see like they would be the best way. I have seen a separate cell to provide fuel for the NOS so it can work.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (MotorMatrix.com)

tell you what. http://www.corral.net or http://www.turbomustangs.com I'm pretty sure there are a few guys on there running a dual tank setup with race gas in one and pump in the other, I'm sure they could help you out.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (gritsak)

earls and aeroquip have al that stuff
Old 05-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could this work?... Stock tank and fuel cell? Diagram inside..... (QCKGSR)

Damn, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing...and then three days ago, my friend brought up the idea without me telling him anything about it...and now i find out that everyone on honda-tech had the exact same idea... So much for being ahead of my time . I was thinking of using my boost controller and a switch to control mine, on low boost the stock tank with 93 octane would be activated and on high boost the fuel cell would be activated with 116