Notices

Could someone please explain the oil feed line fitting to me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone please explain the oil feed line fitting to me?

Once again, car is a 94 GSR...doing a turbo project. I need to figure out how to connect the oil feed line to the engine. I already have the following:

Autometer 1/8 BPST to NPT fitting,
1/8 NPT to NPT pipe connector,
1/8 NPT T-Fitting.

I know I need a 1/8 NPT to a -3an fitting...is there somewhere online I can get that, or would a Napa or CarQuest or AutoZone have that part? I went to Advanced Auto Parts to try to get that fitting and they had no idea what I was talking about. Also, I know this connects to the oil sending unit via the T-fitting, but how do the other parts fit in to the equation? I'm guessing the 1/8 BPST to NPT fitting goes where the oil sending unit went on the engine, then the T-fitting goes on that, then the oil sending unit goes to one part of the T-fitting and the 1/8 NPT to -3an fitting goes to the other part of the T, but where does the pipe connector come into play? The T I got is 3 female ends...did I buy the wrong part? Where would be a good place to find those parts if I did? I tried looking on Summit, but I can't find ANYTHING on that site Thanks for any help
Old 05-19-2004, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could someone please explain the oil feed line fitting to me? (Sprockett)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=377208

Please read all of that and search next time...
Old 05-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Could someone please explain the oil feed line fitting to me? (Sprockett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sprockett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Once again, car is a 94 GSR...doing a turbo project. I need to figure out how to connect the oil feed line to the engine. I already have the following:

Autometer 1/8 BPST to NPT fitting,
1/8 NPT to NPT pipe connector,
1/8 NPT T-Fitting.

I know I need a 1/8 NPT to a -3an fitting...is there somewhere online I can get that, or would a Napa or CarQuest or AutoZone have that part? I went to Advanced Auto Parts to try to get that fitting and they had no idea what I was talking about. Also, I know this connects to the oil sending unit via the T-fitting, but how do the other parts fit in to the equation? I'm guessing the 1/8 BPST to NPT fitting goes where the oil sending unit went on the engine, then the T-fitting goes on that, then the oil sending unit goes to one part of the T-fitting and the 1/8 NPT to -3an fitting goes to the other part of the T, but where does the pipe connector come into play? The T I got is 3 female ends...did I buy the wrong part? Where would be a good place to find those parts if I did? I tried looking on Summit, but I can't find ANYTHING on that site Thanks for any help
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want to email me a pic of what you have, I can supply you with all the fittings that you will need. I supply most of the lines to a lot of guys here

or take a look at this pic from my oil feed line kit and tell me what you don't have..

Stan
214-783-7247