Notices

Compustar Alarm: No dealer near me. Should I just buy from egay and have local place instal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Compustar Alarm: No dealer near me. Should I just buy from egay and have local place instal?

I'm in the market for one of these alarms but the nearest dealer to Orlando Florida is about 2.5 hours away.
Should I just buy off egay and have a local reputable shop like circut chitty or other install it?

Before you flame me, I thought I would post this here cause the alarm is going on a Turbo car and this forum seems to move better than the alarm/security forum.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Compustar Alarm: No dealer near me. Should I just buy from egay and have local place instal? (mi

I have one of these and I installed it myself on my civic

It has a turbo timer, but it is fixed at 2 minutes. I usually just wait in the car until my EGTs look low enough that I'm convinced the car is fine... usually 2 minutes seems too long.

But this alarm has the best range of any pager I have had... way better than DEI/Clifford. I can remote start the car from about 1500ft away through buildings.

Mine is actually an "Arctic Start" (rebadged Compustar) that I bought off some "car audio shop" in Montreal on ebay.

btw I have the 2W900FMR.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Compustar Alarm: No dealer near me. Should I just buy from egay and have local place instal? (mi

Bro... it's a alarm!!! Just get one with a decent 2-way pager and you'll be good. I made the mistake of spending $600+ on mine, but I later found out that lowjack is available for only a few hundred more. With as much money as we all put into our cars you should just go the extra mile and get lowjack, at least then you can have some sort of guarentee that your car will always be returned and no one will get away with it. Read up on it, I'm sure you'll see for yourself.