Notices

Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read

I posted this in tech forums no reponses but this clutch is related to FI..so please help and also if you have install pics of this clutch maybe i have an improper install..thanks in advance

I just put a Competition clutch twin disc on my LS transmission. I try to put it in gear and it will not go into gear..It seems like it is close to disengaging the clutch but not doing the job. I've never used a twin disc so I have tried the two things below
1. bleed the clutch fork is at max throw<<nothing
2. adjusted the clutch pedal<<nothing still
I called CC and no one was is present to help me today but if anyone has seen or had this problem let me know...I really don't feel like pulling the trans off but if it is a must I guess I'll have to. One thing I've noticed is that it the clutch fork does not seem to engage until like 3/4 of the way...my cousin and I do not see that being right..any help appreciated

Old 11-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read (Redwidow)

I would readjust the pedal some more , it might be pushing it to much past disengaged.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read (B18C1CYA)

hmm it does disengage at all, tried parcial pressing the clutch... bump for more info...thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you use the provided throw out bearing?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also are you sure the floaters are in the corect possition, and yes the throw out bearing is stock but the inside of it is trimmed down bout .2-.5 mm behind the metal part that rotates.. also, what master cylinder do you have, if you have and integra master cyl, you might want to switch to a civic one, integra ones do not like cc td setup.. hope that helps
Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adSPEED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adSPEED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also are you sure the floaters are in the corect possition, and yes the throw out bearing is stock but the inside of it is trimmed down bout .2-.5 mm behind the metal part that rotates.. also, what master cylinder do you have, if you have and integra master cyl, you might want to switch to a civic one, integra ones do not like cc td setup.. hope that helps</TD></TR></TABLE>What is the reason he has to change his master cylinder to a civic one?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:07 AM

is it maybe in backwards?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 AM

mine makes a crazy *** noise when i push the clutch in. i just got my car running.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read (miller)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you use the provided throw out bearing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup it is the provided bearing

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adSPEED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also are you sure the floaters are in the corect possition, and yes the throw out bearing is stock but the inside of it is trimmed down bout .2-.5 mm behind the metal part that rotates.. also, what master cylinder do you have, if you have and integra master cyl, you might want to switch to a civic one, integra ones do not like cc td setup.. hope that helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know if mine is shaved down, but if it were then there would be less hope of disengagemen

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it maybe in backwards?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm it maybe possible, I had installed the clutch and trans, then found out we had to shave the bolts down that held the ring plate onto the flywheel because they we hitting my rear main seal so maybe in frustration after we dissassembled all of this again and reassebled it we may have slipped a disc in backwards...any one have pics that show the correct way the plates/disc go so i can rule this out if possible.

thanks for the info...not much on CC twin on the forum
Old 11-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

master cylinder was changed in my case, and solved all the problems i ever had of dead pedal and such...
Old 11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine did the same thing and no one could figure it out. The thing I did to help it was change fluid and bleed. It helped when I used Castrol GTLMA brake fluid but didn't work too well with autozone crap. Hope this helps. EDIT: Also forgot to add check your pilot bearing... the reason for this is that I had a exedy twin and it ate pilot bearings. It would would lock 1st out because of a machining problem with the flywheel and OEM bearings.

Modified by gdh8su at 8:48 PM 11/2/2006
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read (gdh8su)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gdh8su &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine did the same thing and no one could figure it out. The thing I did to help it was change fluid and bleed. It helped when I used Castrol GTLMA brake fluid but didn't work too well with autozone crap. Hope this helps. EDIT: Also forgot to add check your pilot bearing... the reason for this is that I had a exedy twin and it ate pilot bearings. It would would lock 1st out because of a machining problem with the flywheel and OEM bearings.

Modified by gdh8su at 8:48 PM 11/2/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man I spoke with CC today I had to pull the trany again and it does look like the flywheel is machine too much, giving the floating plates and regular plates no clearance on the clutch, the fingers were completely flat, there for my throwout bearing was barely hitting the fingers because they were already pressed bye clearance issues. &lt;&lt;sounds so confusing but CC said if the step height on the flywheel maybe wrong my flywheel (was discontinued a while back) they'd send me a new flywheel, but my question that I'm Really Really concerned about now is that if this flywheel is in fact improperly machined and had all the pressure pressed on it since around 3 months ago when I installed it= Not good being practically engaged with out being engaged for the last three months while fabing my mani and exhaust. Well anywho gotta take it to IPH tomorrow to get the verdict.. I'm sure Chris at CC will help me with this..he seems cool
Old 11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

competition clutch products and customer service is unparalleled.

i run their twin disc in my hatch and never had any issues....

when you speak to chris he will also advise you to put a pedal stop on the clutch pedal....

over disengaging it can cause series damage....

ps: the flywheel that you have is steel or al????

aim me vtecdamian
Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competition Clutch Twin Disc users help..please read (TDautowerkes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TDautowerkes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">competition clutch products and customer service is unparalleled.

i run their twin disc in my hatch and never had any issues....

when you speak to chris he will also advise you to put a pedal stop on the clutch pedal....

over disengaging it can cause series damage....

ps: the flywheel that you have is steel or al????

aim me vtecdamian</TD></TR></TABLE>

My flywheel is aluminum,

oh and to install a pedal stop you must show that the clutch is disengaged which never disengaged on mine..im not bashing CC believe me it looks nice and i know it works great, I just probably got a bad apple..your aim isn't working

PS there is no wear on the disc or the plates...I'm just concered that the PP is now weak from havening the clearance issue with the flywheel..

Modified by Redwidow at 5:45 AM 11/3/2006

Modified by Redwidow at 5:45 AM 11/3/2006