Notices

Clarification: Going back to stock (N/A) then going back to Boost Again.. need re-tune?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarification: Going back to stock (N/A) then going back to Boost Again.. need re-tune?

My car is currently for sale and someone offered to trade / buy it if i remove the turbo kit and put it back to stock so i can smog it and keep my turbo kit for sellin it at a cheaper price. I know all i would need to do is put on some stock headers; stock injectors; stock ecu; stock intake; stock cat and piping; stock oil pan; stock fuel pump; spark plug gap; and what about timing?? and thats it. wondering if i do all this, and the buyer flakes or i change my mind and dont want to sell / trade, and want to bolt back on turbo kit. would i need to retune or anything if i keep all original parts / etc. i dont think i need to get re-tuned.. but just checking just incase i do anything drastic.. also wondering about timing.. is my ECU already done that for me so i dont need to change it manually?

my mod list is here:

• JDM B18B from HMotors
• Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger t3/t04e 60 trim, stage 3 wheel with a .63ar exhaust housing
• Rev Hard Turbo Manifold
• Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
• Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
• RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
• FAL Slim Fan
• HKS Super Sequential BOV
• Mugen Thermostat

Tuned on CROME PRO @ 6 PSI .. forgot what kinda ECU im running but its not stock P75..

Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clarification: Going back to stock (N/A) then going back to Boost Again.. need re-tune? (JDM DC4

as long as everything is reinstalled without anything being changed I don't see why you would need a retune
Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clarification: Going back to stock (N/A) then going back to Boost Again.. need re-tune? (JDM DC4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as long as everything is reinstalled without anything being changed I don't see why you would need a retune</TD></TR></TABLE>

if i put everything back to stock. woudlnt i need to change my timing? or does my stock ECU set it back to normal? likewise if i go turbo again. cause right now i have no idea what my timing is at..
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC4 Jesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if i put everything back to stock. woudlnt i need to change my timing? or does my stock ECU set it back to normal? likewise if i go turbo again. cause right now i have no idea what my timing is at..</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh didn't think about either of those...yeah you'll probally need a retune then
Old 02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh didn't think about either of those...yeah you'll probally need a retune then</TD></TR></TABLE>

cant i just checdk what my timing is at now and then cange it when i go back to stock, and then change it to what it is now when i put back on turbo kit?
Old 02-09-2007, 05:28 AM

if it was your mechanical timing that was changed when you turbo'd, then yes you will have to adjust it to stock. IF your ecu is chipped then you will want to eigther a) get a stock tune on a chip or b) swap out to a stock ecu and sell the chipped one for a little more money.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 AM
* B A N N E D *

Cut J1 and you will be set... CHeck ur timing the way it is before u mess with it, and make sure ur timing is the same when u put it back together
Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

Actually, I'm going to be doing this in a couple weeks. I checked with my tuner, and he said that I can take off my turbo kit and run my car N/A on 550cc injectors (as it's street tuned) just fine (until I put my new setup on). The reason for this is that the motor's tuned to run on 550cc injectors from idle to redline, it's just that the MAP sensor won't see boost. So I can leave my chipped P28 with my tuned map in there if I'm N/A.

It's not like I'm going to rip it up N/A (I just need to get it back home until I put my new setup on). So in theory, it should run just fine N/A (as long as you stick with your current injectors -440cc, 550cc, whatever you have). I don't know about your mechanical timing though.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InfamousDC2FI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it was your mechanical timing that was changed when you turbo'd, then yes you will have to adjust it to stock. IF your ecu is chipped then you will want to eigther a) get a stock tune on a chip or b) swap out to a stock ecu and sell the chipped one for a little more money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my tuner never touched my distributor.. i believe he did all the timing through ecu burning?

yeah i am plannin on buyin a stock ECU. but i was wondering if i go From FI to NA then back to FI, i woudlnt need to touch the timing b/c the ECU's will do it for me right?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cut J1 and you will be set... CHeck ur timing the way it is before u mess with it, and make sure ur timing is the same when u put it back together </TD></TR></TABLE>

whats J1 ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, I'm going to be doing this in a couple weeks. I checked with my tuner, and he said that I can take off my turbo kit and run my car N/A on 550cc injectors (as it's street tuned) just fine (until I put my new setup on). The reason for this is that the motor's tuned to run on 550cc injectors from idle to redline, it's just that the MAP sensor won't see boost. So I can leave my chipped P28 with my tuned map in there if I'm N/A.

It's not like I'm going to rip it up N/A (I just need to get it back home until I put my new setup on). So in theory, it should run just fine N/A (as long as you stick with your current injectors -440cc, 550cc, whatever you have). I don't know about your mechanical timing though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ic, but im not leaving my injectors or ecu in it b/c i can sell it for more money, so im putting it back to stock. but ur idea works, b/c i think i might have a p28 too.. and 550cc