Notices

Civic D16 SOHC Turbo Build (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Civic D16 SOHC Turbo Build (Pics)

Hello everyone! I'm looking for some pointers on certain tecnical things building this engine. I rebuilt a few V8s and squeezed 260+ hp out my 3cyl SC seadoo vtec engine but this car is gutless, You have time for tea between gears lol.
It's a 99 Civic DX, It has 150k+ miles but still runs strong (for a stock sohc) and I'm looking for around 300+hp so I'm doing the bottom end too. This is what I have planed but I'm just getting into these turbos and if this car turns out good I'm going to get more and build them the same way and start selling them, Anyway here's my list...

Underlined words are links

First off the turbo kit, Might get a better turbo later...

Connecting rods, Needs measurement first

Pistons, Needs measurement first

Fuel pump

Injectors Not sure what cc I should get.

A p28 ecu, What's the reason I need this? Figure it's one you can tune...

3 bar map sensor

Clutch

Engine mounts

That's all I can think of for right now but feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong

Here's some pics of the car...

I'll start on this project after i get this thing back together, it'll be nice to work with something that every part isn't at least 100lbs lol

Last edited by BigDaddy117; 02-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Civic D16 SOHC Turbo Build (Pics)

Originally Posted by BigDaddy117
First off the turbo kit, Might get a better turbo later...but feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong
That right there.
Build is doomed to failure.

Go read the FAQs and build threads fast. Listing parts but don't know what you need? Speaks volumes of how much you need to educate yourself on this topic.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

full on ebay kit w/ exhaust and everything. wow... lol dont get me wrong. itll be fun for a little while. none of that **** is going to last. IMO stay away from ebay junk. looks like to me your buying EVERYTHING off ebay though... lol
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Junk kit. Please research more. If you do not even know why you are getting a p28 then you really need to research more.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Originally Posted by yungkhmer
IMO stay away from ebay junk. looks like to me your buying EVERYTHING off ebay though... lol
I know you don't mean this but don't reference eBay as a store. I purchased my cp pistons and eagle rods from eBay from a local dealer in my state
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

basically 99.9% of your list will result in failure...go to d-series.org and read the stickies in the forced induction section, do tons of research and dont ever ask this question again....

and no your plan wont work
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Trial User

Just cause it comes from ebay don't make it a **** part, Are the eagle rods and Vitara pistons crap just cause they were sold on ebay? I know the kit turbo is garbage but it's all the other stuff with it I wanted so I didn't have to spend 20 hours finding every pipe and fitting. I even said I was going to buy a better turbo later. Like I said, I'm just getting into turbos and these gutless 4 poppers
I spent 30 mins putting that list together hoping someone would actually help and say something like don't use that clutch get a F1 Clutch setup or something else, instead of just flaming, And I know to get a p28 cause you can tune them, I just thought i would pick your brains and get the latest info cause if you do research everything is old, Oh well, Thanks for all the terrific help guys!!! You're the best!!! a forum on this site is pointless...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddy117
Just cause it comes from ebay don't make it a **** part
No. It's a **** part because the parts are ****. Not that it's sold on Ebay. Hence the reason they are called Ebay turbo kits. If they had a specific manufacturer like ACME then we'd call them ACME turbo kits.
The reason you're getting flamed is because you're stating blatantly that you DON'T KNOW!!! So you choose to get mad when people are telling you to educate yourself.

Example-Pistons. Need measurements first. WTF?? Measurements for what? Of what? You should AT LEAST know what the size of the standard cylinder bore is.
Example- Injectors-Not sure what to get. WTF?? Why don't you? You should AT LEAST know how much fuel you'll need at whatever horsepower you're planning on and what injectors you'll need to get you there.
Example-A P28. What's the reason for this? WTF?? You asking us or telling us?
Example-You know the turbo is ****? WTF?? How about nearly everything in the kit is ****.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Want some help, here.

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/