Notices

Cintrifugal SC for SOHC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cintrifugal SC for SOHC

Wondering if anybody has seen one and if so where can i get one. Building a CRX for autoX So thinking about supercharger but would like to run cintrifugal if possible instead of Roots.
Thanks
Old 05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cintrifugal SC for SOHC (HCivExoo)

what category do you want to race under? throwing FI in there that isn't making some awesome power might put you with some incredibly tough competition.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HCivExoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wondering if anybody has seen one and if so where can i get one. Building a CRX for autoX So thinking about supercharger but would like to run cintrifugal if possible instead of Roots.
Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

For auto -x you will want a roots blower, instant boost. the centrifugal blower has no advantage over a small turbo, at that point you should just run a small turbo for quick spool
Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cintrifugal SC for SOHC (Crx Jimmy)

Don't know how competitive i am going to try and be right now. I am in Iraq and have a 15 month deployment to think about it. oh well, thats where the funds are coming from though. I started on the motor already thinking about turbo, but i was reading a post on the roadracing forum the other day and realized i didn't even think about the drivability that i would have with a turbo. Mostly how the linear hp and tq curve of a blower is much more suited for auto-x.

if you think a small turbo is no different than a cintrifigul SC what size turbo would you suggest, for a Z6 and trying to auto-x not drag race.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you want to be competitive and get serious about autocrossing, you might wanna check out SCCA's rulebook and see what you can and cannot do for certain classes.

Then, based on the class you think you can be most competitive in with certain mods, go from there!

Thanks for your service bro!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know of a kit for it, but people have mounted Rotrex blowers on Honda motors before, just make a plate for it on the front of the motor. It'll put you in SM2 with modified Corvettes and S2K's that can be pretty fast, but they can be owned.

Personally I'd put an M62 on the front of it before I'd do a centrifugical blower, and for a CRX you can do as well and be in the same class with a built B18 that will be a lot simpler. 200 NA WHP in a CRX is very fast. My brother autox's and tracks his CRX -w- a 200 WHP B18 and does well.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cintrifugal SC for SOHC (rmcdaniels)

No problem my pleasure to serve.

I really haven't checked in the rules to much even though i know that should have been the first thing i did even before started at all.

As light as the car should end up being, if i can get it to stick with about 12psi of supercharger going through it it should be pleanty fast i think. After i get my driving up to standard.

I have already started on the sohc motor. Even though i know i could sell it, i tend to favor the single cams, i like a challenge, and the look of faces when you pop the hood and there is only one cam and everybody goes, "huh a sohc?" well worth it i think.

I am going to have to redo the head some i really had the port job and cam for a turbo motor. What do you all think about crower's stage II turbo cams? Think they would work just as well on a super charged motor?